The Amazing Spiderman

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Peter's "home lab" did not really exist in this movie. We saw him creating nifty digital devices and the web shooters in his bedroom, pretty much out of thin air. Even with Oscorp's tech knowledge, Oscorp needed a freakin secured lab with high tech equipment to do it. All I saw Peter use was a soldering gun. I know, these things are minor, but I liked the original trilogy with Toby better than this one.

Well, in all fairness, I used to put together gadgets in my room when I was a teen and I didn't need a lab. :D

You don't really need a lab to put together an electronic gadget. The lab was needed in the comic book universe where he created the liquid web material. In the movie, the web material was created at Oscorp and, for some unexplainable reason, he was able to just order a box of it via mail. :D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Come on man, get your geek on! :daniel_new_anime021

Besides, it's what we do here, we analyze the shit out of stuff and point out the failures and the successes. As it is I'm not gonna fault this version of Spiderman too much cuz it doesn't have Toby "I can't act" Maguire in it, thank God! That fact alone gives this movie a thumbs up.
dude i have NEVER been that much of a geek.. ie "comic book geek" superheroes and crap... christ..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
dude i have NEVER been that much of a geek.. ie "comic book geek" superheroes and crap... christ..

True, I picture you more as a male version of the chick from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, minus the rape of course.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I didn't really have an issue with the small details in the movie, even some of the ones I mentioned. My biggest issue was the overuse of CGI almost rendering the actors moot and the Twilighty undertone to the whole Peter/Gwen storyline. It was too obvious this movie tried catering to both the superhero geeks and the Twilight crowd.

And, for the record, MJ in the Toby Maguire movies sucked. Nothing against the actress but the character was too mushy damsel-in-distress throughout the entire trilogy. It was way overdone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I didn't really have an issue with the small details in the movie, even some of the ones I mentioned. My biggest issue was the overuse of CGI almost rendering the actors moot and the Twilighty undertone to the whole Peter/Gwen storyline. It was too obvious this movie tried catering to both the superhero geeks and the Twilight crowd.

And, for the record, MJ in the Toby Maguire movies sucked. Nothing against the actress but the character was too mushy damsel-in-distress throughout the entire trilogy. It was way overdone.

But MJ was closest to the real story, and her "damsel-in-distress" character was exactly how it should have been. This Gwen character was totally unbelievable, a 17 year old high school student working as a technician in a high tech genetic engineering lab, with full access to all systems? Really? Just LOL. Why the reveal to her from Peter in this movie? Lets just get her bitten too and create Spiderwoman, and then after Peter and Gwen "do it" (he better wait a year if he doesn't want to be charged with statutory rape), we can have the Amazing Spiderbaby. :icon_rotflmao:

I didnt think the CGI was overdone except with the lizard man. The other effects seemed well done to me. I was more annoyed with the characters and the "artistic license" taken with how it all came together. :facepalm:. Im glad I did not pay to see it. Not a horrible movie, though. Just not all that.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Speak for yourself. Kirsten Dunst is an annoying bimbo with the acting range of a pile of cow shit. :facepalm:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
See why I want them to explore new heroes like Super Chicken and El Kabong? They are overdoing the current ones.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Speak for yourself. Kirsten Dunst is an annoying bimbo with the acting range of a pile of cow shit. :facepalm:

True, true, but I give Dunst a little lee way because she was in one of the funniest movies out there: Drop Dead Gorgeous. It's all about a beauty pageant in Minnesota, which is basically the Swedish part of America, lol. There are parts that are strangely accurate, like how they're always making "bars", which are like brownies. I've gotten cookbooks from the region and sure enough they always contain chapters for "bars". At any rate, it's the kind of movie that either you really get the humor or you don't at all, there's no in between with it.

As for Dunst herself, yeah, there's something jacked-up about her face and teeth that always kind of bugs me. Plus she's never really taken a deep, challenging role to play. "MJ" certainly wasn't Macbeth, that's for sure.