The Amazing Spider Man 2 - funny review

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I know not everyone likes these guys because they tend to do their stuff long form and the humor is dry, but they excoriate the entire Hollywood screenwriter community in this installment:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I especially liked the entire bit about the comic strip "Horse Ninja" - it played right into the theme of being able to get Hollywood to fund a movie on any script no matter how bad - and even better they called out Orci and Kurtzman by name on the script for Star Trek Into Darkness.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I especially liked the entire bit about the comic strip "Horse Ninja" - it played right into the theme of being able to get Hollywood to fund a movie on any script no matter how bad - and even better they called out Orci and Kurtzman by name on the script for Star Trek Into Darkness.

I liked that part too, but these guys are very very hard for me to watch! They are excruciatingly boring. How do you stand it? Its like more than 30 minutes of them droning on and interjecting bad humor and pranks. But parts of it were funny to me. :)

This one is better:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The whole silly VCR repair shop schtick takes very little time. Most of it is them dissecting movies which they do well. These guys also do the Plinkett reviews.

Honest Trailers is okay but the whole focus is different; being more like a collection of sound bites. I like Half in the Bag because they take the extra time to dissect a film and will say things mainstream reviewers don't. For example, most mainstream reviewers liked Star Trek Into Darkness - they not only hated it but cut it into pieces and showed the exact nature of the problems with it and why it not only wasn't Trek but wasn't even a good action movie.

I guess I can overlook the occasional bad joke when the tradeoff is listening to two people schooled in drama ripping apart current movies. It was also why the Plinkett reviews of both the Star Wars prequels and other films work so well - they deep dive into the film and lay out EXACTLY why it doesn't work.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I really like the Mr Plinkett reviews more than the discussion format they have but they don't seem to do much of those.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
To my understanding the Plinkett reviews are rarer becuase they involve set pieces, clip work and in some cases hiring outside actors. They are a small filmmaking company that is right now working on making a movie (a parody titled Space Cop). So they make Half in the Bag more often and also Best of the Worst because they can reuse already built stuff and frewer crew are required.

They still do have Plinkett reviews come out now and then.