The 4400. What a great show, but they never ended it and left it on a cliffhanger.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found a couple of threads here which mentioned The 4400 show, but I had never watched it. All 4 seasons of it are on Netflix and I am just about finished with Season 1. But I took a smoke break to find that this show never had a season 5. I was already burned by Surface and Invasion: Earth in the sense that these shows never were ended and were left on cliffhangers.

WHY???

In the case of The 4400, the Writers Strike ruined that one, but this same thing has happened to too many shows. Why cant writers do complete stories TO THE END, and make certain that the shows close? I am watching Under The Dome, and in this case they STRETCHED the story past the original book version of the story, just to make money. WTF? They stretch the shows that dont need to be stretched, but dont end the shows that should be ended?

The show Surface, it ended with one of the worst cliffhangers of all, with half the South flooded under the ocean, and giant creatures swimming the oceans of the earth. It just ended right there, and was canceled. Same with Survivors and Invasion Earth and Primeval (the original). IM SICK OF THIS!. Why did I look to see how this ends? Because somewhere along the line Summer Glau comes into The 4400 show and I just had to know. :facepalm:.

So, there is a book after these seasons are over. Anyway, this series is pretty good.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
next thing you know you will be asking for a completion for SGU.............

I thought I got my wish seeing Eli smirking into space with fresh food...er...bodies in cryostasis. The rest of the story seems fitting to me. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Summer Glau makes it into the show the first episode of Season 2. :( Of course, she is in a psychiatric facility when she makes her first appearance. Still liking this show a lot. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, so after Summer Glau shows up, we have "Shran/Weyoun/Brunt" from Star Trek (Jeffrey Combs), and then Lexa Doig, and now Robert Picardo! This show is really really good...but Im only halfway through Season 2 and there are only 4 seasons to watch. Things are starting to seem more formulaic, sorta like The Lost Room and even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D or Sanctuary. They need to get back to the main story of the premise and ease up on the drama with the existing characters. Why did they add the tatted up sister of Diana's? She completely ruined the episode I just watched, and she is not a 4400. Why is she there? Why is Shaun still in the 4400 community that Collier set up?

Still enjoying the show...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
#1. STOP SMOKING!

#2. There's four seasons of The 4400??? :daniel_new004:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
YES, there are 4 seasons of the 4400. Each season is only about 6 or 7 episodes, but YES, there are 4 of them. :)

Perhaps you two should stop drinking. Ill continue to smoke my chit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_4400_episodes

Are we talking cigarettes or ganja?

As for The 4400, I get that confused with Taken, both of which should just have been a movie in my opinion. When they try to stretch out an idea it rarely works because they're forced to fill the space with pointless melodrama.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are we talking cigarettes or ganja?

As for The 4400, I get that confused with Taken, both of which should just have been a movie in my opinion. When they try to stretch out an idea it rarely works because they're forced to fill the space with pointless melodrama.

The first two seasons carefully fleshed out most of the main characters, but somewhere mid season 2, things are feeling like filler. I just watched the episode "Life Interrupted" which totally dragged me down. :(. Joel Gretch is great in this series. Lexa Doig just plays an average girl in this series so that sorta is a bummer. But the rest of the show is interesting.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So we're talking cigarettes. :(

*Put them in a mailing envelope and send them to someone you care about, like Sarah Palin ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
YES, there are 4 seasons of the 4400. Each season is only about 6 or 7 episodes, but YES, there are 4 of them. :)

Perhaps you two should stop drinking. Ill continue to smoke my chit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_4400_episodes

I remember that show. They were abducted and unexplainably reappeared years later each with their own special power but they were silly powers. Didn't one guy have some kind of magic touch that would revert prepared foods back to their original ingredients? Dude would pick up a sandwich and it would instantly *poof* back into flour, eggs, water, etc. all over his face and shirt and the whole time I was thinking "what use is such a stupid power?". Or am I thinking of another show?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I remember that show. They were abducted and unexplainably reappeared years later each with their own special power but they were silly powers. Didn't one guy have some kind of magic touch that would revert prepared foods back to their original ingredients? Dude would pick up a sandwich and it would instantly *poof* back into flour, eggs, water, etc. all over his face and shirt and the whole time I was thinking "what use is such a stupid power?". Or am I thinking of another show?

I havent seen that episode yet, and Im on season 3. Most of the powers are pretty cool, but Isabella has some truly awesome powers (and is fine as hell). The others seem to have enhanced abilities like telepathic powers, other mind-based powers and stuff.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I havent seen that episode yet, and Im on season 3. Most of the powers are pretty cool, but Isabella has some truly awesome powers (and is fine as hell). The others seem to have enhanced abilities like telepathic powers, other mind-based powers and stuff.

I dunno, bro. Having a power that turns a Subway sandwich back to its basic ingredients then soils my outfit would be more of a curse than an awesome power. Picture the effect as carrying all the raw, basic ingredients of a foot long hero sandwich in an air-filled balloon that suddenly bursts in your hand and you get flour and egg and greasy meats and yeast and oil and vinegar all over you.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dunno, bro. Having a power that turns a Subway sandwich back to its basic ingredients then soils my outfit would be more of a curse than an awesome power. Picture the effect as carrying all the raw, basic ingredients of a foot long hero sandwich in an air-filled balloon that suddenly bursts in your hand and you get flour and egg and greasy meats and yeast and oil and vinegar all over you.

LOL :) Like I said, I have not seen that episode yet. :) Ill let you know when I have seen it. It has taken two days to watch seasons 1-3 and I am just halfway through season 3 right now, and I have not seen such an epsiode. Im sure I will laugh when it comes. :).

OMG, Alice Krige (The Borg Queen, Sleepwalkers, etc) is now in it too? :smiley_joy: Im watching Season 3, episode 4. This show was so good....I know they dont renew it, but hopefully where they leave off is acceptable. :(

Red Mage

Boney
The first season was originally just a mini series but then got picked up as a full series. The show had promise but the writing got dumb later with promicin. What was the beard guy power anyways? The ability to generate money out of thin air? Everyone had mostly cool powers, and the bearded guy just seemed to have endless piles of cash. I think he eventually did show a power besides being Scrooge McDuck rich but it took most of the series for the writers to decide on it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The first season was originally just a mini series but then got picked up as a full series. The show had promise but the writing got dumb later with promicin. What was the beard guy power anyways? The ability to generate money out of thin air? Everyone had mostly cool powers, and the bearded guy just seemed to have endless piles of cash. I think he eventually did show a power besides being Scrooge McDuck rich but it took most of the series for the writers to decide on it.

Im watching this now. They killed off Collier in season 2, but his body disappeared. They then showed him at the lake with a beard and no money. WTF? Its a trip, but Im liking it. :)

Red Mage

Boney
They wrote him out for a season because he wanted to go sail around the world. The cool part about scifi is you can kill off a character for a whole season and find a way to write that character back into the show. Can't do that with NCIS or Law and Order.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Ah, that's why I always confuse this one with Taken.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah, that's why I always confuse this one with Taken.

I have not watched Taken yet, but at least it really ENDS! That is all they have to do. So, if a series only has money for 6 episodes, then make those and CLOSE THE F'KING STORY! Surface really pissed me off, as did Survivors. This one is great, but I understand they leave it on a cliffhanger. Not good to know, but Im still gonna watch till the end of Season 4.