The 2017 Crossing the Pond thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Hey, what happened to the ship after you took this picture? Did you survive? OMG!

joelist_godzilla.png

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
OMG, "Gorgo" and his mother is still alive after all these years!!! Here I thought the pollution of the North Atlantic would of killed them off after more than 5o years in the open seas.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, "Gorgo" and his mother is still alive after all these years!!! Here I thought the pollution of the North Atlantic would of killed them off after more than 5o years in the open seas.

It's Godzilla! :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The weather has calmed down some so we were able to actually get out on deck.

Also it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! However the forum is hanging today when I try to post images.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well we got past them both not to mention another Beaufort Force 10 Gale to arrive in Southampton. Right just now I am hanging in a pub at London Heathrow.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually it is an ocean voyage - QM2 is not a cruise ship :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually it is an ocean voyage - QM2 is not a cruise ship :D

Liners and cruise ships taste the same to Godzilla and Gorgo. Yum!.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
The Queen Mary must of dropped off some food for Gorgo because they must know what he did to London way back in '61.

They learned from a past mistake when Gorgo's mother climbed aboard the ship and dropped a shitload of "kim chee" on the poop deck.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi!

I am back getting things set up again (and recovering from jet lag as a flew back home). I will be getting all the pictures into a presentation and get it posted online for everyone to watch. Glorious ship and glorious trip.

Hi!

I am back getting things set up again (and recovering from jet lag as a flew back home). I will be getting all the pictures into a presentation and get it posted online for everyone to watch. Glorious ship and glorious trip.

I eagerly await receiving my share of the gold doubloon cache you found. Just in time for Christmas! :anim_19:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sorry. Since getting back I've been busy as all get out with work and such. Once I get the pictures organized I'll figure out a way to host them.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, hope this works!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, hope this works!

That was quite the production! You made that? Great music balance, the movement with the still images...AWESOME! It told the story of your trip in a very engaging way, and you must have had a wonderful time on that beautiful ship. Thanks for sharing that video here!

Okay, hope this works!

Kudos! It looks like a fabulous trip. I would have thought that trans-Atlantic passage on a ship went out decades ago but it's good to see that it's still an option.

The only flaw in the video (other than the brief glimpse of a White Sox logo) is the misstatement of a salmon dinner being "superb". I can only assume that was a typo of some sort as we all know that salmon is an awful, unnatural, detestable culinary abomination that not even God himself approves of. Just take a gander at Leviticus 11:9-12:

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat -- except for salmon. That shite sucketh!

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you -- especially salmon, even though it has fins and scales it still makes the list of abominations.

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. In other words: NO SALMON!

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you; the exception being salmon, which has fins and scales but is still considered to be an abomination. I'm getting tired of repeating myself here folks. Get it through your heads -- NO SALMON!!!