Tesla/Space x

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So holy crap . Elon want's to build underground tunnels also ? Wow again . Is there anything this guy is not thinking of at any given minute ? What a mind ...

;) ;) ;)
Well if you hadn't heard about The Boring Company yet... He's also going into brain stuff.

I think he has one of these...

LostcityPart111.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol. Elon sure didn't keep his opinion to himself there huh.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Lol. Elon sure didn't keep his opinion to himself there huh.
Hydrogen is way way cleaner than electrical but obviously the only reason why we have not found a better way of storing and improving the efficiency is because we have not invested a lot into it. He sees Hydrogen as a competitor so it's only natural for him to reject it. Not only that but these cars are going to have a short shelf life. You can guarantee this.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
As much as I hate Hungdie with more hateful words than I can think of , that's quite something with the Hydrogen cars .. Very smart ... You basturds . Don't make me start to like you( Hyundai) or something ,,,

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hydrogen might be cheap and efficient, but it is not nearly as accessible as electricity. We can all buy equipment to generate our own electricity, which means true independence from any cartel-like sources we need to pay to get our power and fuel. Hydrogen processing for use in autos is never going to be quite on that level, unless some sort of small scale hydrogen processing can be made and is priced for people to buy. I think electric is going to replace gas powered autos, not hydrogen fuel cells. Just an educated guess.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They've been put back on Aeronautics and Space but there is eight plus years of damage to unwind. NASA is through as a viable vehicle for exploration and colonization of space.

They've been put back on Aeronautics and Space but there is eight plus years of damage to unwind. NASA is through as a viable vehicle for exploration and colonization of space.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing as colonizing space at this point would be a financial black hole for the tax payers. Better to let private enterprise pay the R&D costs as they can do so much cheaper than any government agency possibly could.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Agreed. They are an albatross, and it is time to dismantle it. Space is being and will be privatized. Competition will yield more efficient technology done with much smaller teams and less layers of management. The median age of employed staff engineers will become much younger, and there will be no need to hire contractors like NASA has been doing. Plus, all those pensions. NASA occupies too much land too, in several states. SpaceX is a model of efficiency. The entire SpaceX headquarters facility in El Segundo is smaller than Walmart! And the grounds include a Tesla facility for R&D.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am such a huge fan of Space X! Huge fan. Like I used to be for NASA. I stopped being a fan if NASA when they became a bloated, inefficient lame-duck Agency no longer concerned with the advancement of aeronautical pursuits. Space X is far FAR more advanced than NASA, and they want the job. I have toured their facility in Hawthorne CA (close to me), and it is way beyond anything NASA has anywhere in terms of technology and efficiency. Very. Little. Waste. And not much ostentation. At NASA, there is a hierarchy, and the old men have fancy offices with oak desks and lots of awards and stuff on the wall signed by presidents. Big deal. At Space X, you don't see any of that. Everybody works as a team from the bosses to the line workers.

Space X does in a warehouse sized building and perhaps 150 people, what NASA uses hangars the size of several large city blocks and hundreds of people to do. Time to dump NASA. Assign them to something else.
Better than spending money going to stupid wars that does more harm than good. All Government waste money. Infact, government organisations get a lot of flack of wastage, but we all guilty of this. By we I mean the people. Some more so than others because they don't have financial discipline or a financial management plan.

Better than spending money going to stupid wars that does more harm than good. All Government waste money. Infact, government organisations get a lot of flack of wastage, but we all guilty of this. By we I mean the people. Some more so than others because they don't have financial discipline or a financial management plan.

Yes, but when an individual exceeds their financial limits there are consequences, loss of house, car, credit rating, etc. But when gov exceeds its financial limits there really are no substantial consequences. No one loses their job for malfeasance in government these days. No one. If anything they're promoted, go figure.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member