Tesla/Space x

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
SpaceX launch of Falcon-9 was just scrapped. New try tomorrow.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's a historical fact that government departments have a lot of wastage/inefficiencies but that doesn't mean they are all bad. Those inefficiencies are down to poor management. Happens to most large organisations that get as large as a government.

This is true, but I am talking SPECIFICALLY about NASA.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I had the distinct blessing of actually driving one of those on a track! One lap of pure exhilaration. Never felt anything like it before or after. It's like a seamless jump to warp drive. :stung::vortex02:

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The company is extremely overvalued. You would be an idiot to buy their shares now.

I disagree. I was actually thinking the other day about buying a share for fun. I think the share value is probably bloated right now, but in the longer run those shares are going to become way way waaaaay more valuable than they are now. And I think the long run isn't even that long, perhaps a couple of years rather than decades. This company is revolutioning energy storage on a massive scale and they have no competition in the field. Everybody knows that eventually the world is going to have to come to terms with the fact that we need to change our fossil fuels burning habits, they will run out and even before that happens the prices for those fuels will start increasing severely. Global population keeps growing at a rapid pace and therefore energy requirements will become greater and greater.

If you buy a share now, you stand the risk of losing half your money, or perhaps even all of it if Tesla goes completely bust. (I don't see that happening in any case) But you also stand the chance of that share eventually becoming 100 times, 1000 times or even 10000 times as valuable as they are now. These things have happened with other revolutionary companies in the past.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Maybe one of Elon's next projects should be to find a way to train more Elon Musks. The world could use it and realistically the man won't last forever. Maybe with enough Elons, eventually we could get to a Star Trek like society.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I disagree. I was actually thinking the other day about buying a share for fun. I think the share value is probably bloated right now, but in the longer run those shares are going to become way way waaaaay more valuable than they are now. And I think the long run isn't even that long, perhaps a couple of years rather than decades. This company is revolutioning energy storage on a massive scale and they have no competition in the field. Everybody knows that eventually the world is going to have to come to terms with the fact that we need to change our fossil fuels burning habits, they will run out and even before that happens the prices for those fuels will start increasing severely. Global population keeps growing at a rapid pace and therefore energy requirements will become greater and greater.

If you buy a share now, you stand the risk of losing half your money, or perhaps even all of it if Tesla goes completely bust. (I don't see that happening in any case) But you also stand the chance of that share eventually becoming 100 times, 1000 times or even 10000 times as valuable as they are now. These things have happened with other revolutionary companies in the past.
Environments can quickly change due to unforeseen circumstances such as better technology(there is plenty of tech that's better than Lithium Ion Battery such with the likes of Zinc Ion Battery) competition, government regulations, environmental factors such as Yellowstone. Company management could change, by a scandal or anything else. Keep in mind that the vision could change.

No company is immune. I mean yes they are doing all these things, but at this stage, the company is heavily overinflated with what they are doing now. I understand that you got to have the future in mind, but I wouldn't lay my entire savings into tesla. I wish though I was old enough to own Berkshire shares or even rich enough though. I always have long term in my mind when it comes to share trading

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Environments can quickly change due to unforeseen circumstances such as better technology(there is plenty of tech that's better than Lithium Ion Battery such with the likes of Zinc Ion Battery) competition, government regulations, environmental factors such as Yellowstone. Company management could change, by a scandal or anything else. Keep in mind that the vision could change.

No company is immune. I mean yes they are doing all these things, but at this stage, the company is heavily overinflated with what they are doing now. I understand that you got to have the future in mind, but I wouldn't lay my entire savings into tesla. I wish though I was old enough to own Berkshire shares or even rich enough though. I always have long term in my mind when it comes to share trading

Oh I wouldn't put my life savings into it. Wouldn't mean much anyway as the savings at this time amount to less than a hundred pounds, maybe not even enough to buy a single share, but anyway. I would not be so stupid to put all eggs in one basket.

Of course technologies can change, but with what they are currently doing, I think Tesla would be in the best position to take advantage of those new technologies. I don't know about Zinc, but according to a video I saw the other day, Lithium is the third most plentiful element on earth, after Hydrogen and Helium. Also the Lithium is not actually being used up in the current technology. Once a battery reaches the end of its life for whatever reason, the same lithium can be used for a new one.

You are right though, you never can know what the future will bring. But out of all the companies out there, how many do you know of that are trying to build a future? I think Tesla is trying to build a future, not just for their own existence, but for others. I dunno, maybe I have rose-tinted goggles on, and I guess I haven't weighed a lot of arguments against each other. One thing I do know though is that I am and always have been an excellent judge of character. I just have a really good feeling about Tesla.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well if you hadn't heard about The Boring Company yet... He's also going into brain stuff.