Tales from the Loop

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
New series coming to Prime somewhere in April. Looks like a potential winner.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
past tense? Season 3 still to come.. most likely June 27th, the date of the apocalypse in the show (s2 release coincided with another impt date in the show)
O, I thought the show was done with.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I've watched two episodes tonight. I'm finding rather long drawn out and also very predictable. It's okay to watch once I guess (so far) but I don't think I'll ever feel like watching them again. It's not very DARK-like after all. These two episodes were self contained stories, although they did have overlap in characters. I get a bit of a Black Mirror feel from it, yet it's completely unlike Black Mirror, which is way better. But perhaps things will tie in to each other later on in a way that makes it a masterpiece in retrospect. One can hope. In any case, I'll keep watching for now, as I'm curious as to what other tales have in store, however drawn out they might be.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Watched 4 episodes now. I thought episode 3 was actually quite good. At least, it offered an intriguing perspective. Episode 4 was kinda meh.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just finished the season. It's only 8 episodes apparently. It's a strange show. There are some interesting concepts in it. The pacing is extremely slow though. I don't regret having watched it. I may even look forward to another season. Some episodes were a drag though. It's definitely something different from other stuff, so it might make for a nice change of pace between other shows.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I've watched two episodes tonight. I'm finding rather long drawn out and also very predictable. It's okay to watch once I guess (so far) but I don't think I'll ever feel like watching them again. It's not very DARK-like after all. These two episodes were self contained stories, although they did have overlap in characters. I get a bit of a Black Mirror feel from it, yet it's completely unlike Black Mirror, which is way better. But perhaps things will tie in to each other later on in a way that makes it a masterpiece in retrospect. One can hope. In any case, I'll keep watching for now, as I'm curious as to what other tales have in store, however drawn out they might be.
i fell asleep about 3 times trying to watch ep 1!

after the last time, i didn't wake up until ep 7 was playing :)

i dont know if i'll go back to it--maybe get some no doze

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i heard it was based on the art of Simon Stålenhag?
idk about that, but Stalenhag's story sounds better :)

"The country has been made desolate by the development of a virtual reality device so addictive that almost everyone in the country has hooked up to it and many have died as a result of that addiction, neglecting to care for children, eat, or even breathe when in the grip of the VR. Others have gathered into silent, eerie post-human agglomerations in thrall to the hive mind that the VR provides."

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
idk about that, but Stalenhag's story sounds better :)

"The country has been made desolate by the development of a virtual reality device so addictive that almost everyone in the country has hooked up to it and many have died as a result of that addiction, neglecting to care for children, eat, or even breathe when in the grip of the VR. Others have gathered into silent, eerie post-human agglomerations in thrall to the hive mind that the VR provides."

Well, unless VR goes full input mode (touch, taste, smell), and perhaps a full body suit, VR is never going to go to that level. I love my VR setup, but your immersion is only with sight and hearing. Your brain fills in an incredible amount of the experience on it's own, but it still is a long way from being on that level as is described.