Syfy's Dark Matter(Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Any of these any good? I am on lookout for more shows to watch. Already did Caprica, BSG, SG,SGA, Fallling Skies, Definace, ER, Last Ship and now doing House MD. I need some good shows to binge watch.
I'm a once upon a time fan myself and their miniseries - once upon a time in wonderland was great too. (oh and the guy playing Jabbar would have been the PERFECT Khan in ST:into Darkness... :P)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Any of these any good? I am on lookout for more shows to watch. Already did Caprica, BSG, SG,SGA, Fallling Skies, Definace, ER, Last Ship and now doing House MD. I need some good shows to binge watch.

Earth Final Conflict Season One was good. Andromeda Seasons One and Two were good. Forever Night was all good. Total Recall 2070 was hit and miss.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Somebody has already mentioned Lisa Ryder in "Forever Knight". Then we have "Total Recall", which is a really darker version of 'Almost Human'.

If you are looking for something different on YouTube try an old Canadian show called "Traders". You might howl out loud when you see some of the actors out of their typical roles.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I'm a once upon a time fan myself and their miniseries - once upon a time in wonderland was great too. (oh and the guy playing Jabbar would have been the PERFECT Khan in ST:into Darkness... :P)
Ah ,yes, I had forgotten about that one. I stopped season one, so that is a good idea.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Somebody has already mentioned Lisa Ryder in "Forever Knight". Then we have "Total Recall", which is a really darker version of 'Almost Human'.

If you are looking for something different on YouTube try an old Canadian show called "Traders". You might howl out loud when you see some of the actors out of their typical roles.
I liked Almost Human, Dark Matter's robot is not as cool.

poundpuppy29

Scifi & Fantasy Junkie
I enjoy Dark Matter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I enjoy Dark Matter

I have only seen the first episode. Does it get better? It is just such a blatant ripoff of Pandorum, I could not get past it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
To me at least it tried too hard to be dark and edgy and as a result it was boring.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To me at least it tried too hard to be dark and edgy and as a result it was boring.

It could be good if it wasn't so derivative while being boring at the same time. They also need to turn some lights on. (The token "pretty boy" annoys the sht out of me and needs to go. But the Asian guy is freakin' hot and needs to stay. :beckett_new049:)

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
It could be good if it wasn't so derivative while being boring at the same time. They also need to turn some lights on. (The token "pretty boy" annoys the sht out of me and needs to go. But the Asian guy is freakin' hot and needs to stay. :beckett_new049:)

I am not really attracted to anyone on the show. Zoie Palmer is an attractive woman, but her role does not allow her to act sexy. I would like her to try to act sexy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am not really attracted to anyone on the show. Zoie Palmer is an attractive woman, but her role does not allow her to act sexy. I would like her to try to act sexy.

I like her as an actress but I don't find her portrayal of an android to be very believable. I think a lot of that is due to the writers really forcing the development of the character. In typical derivative fashion they are trying to make the AI character human. It's been done before...and before...and before. And it's been done much better.

As for eye candy on the show, as I said the Asian guy is hot. But so is the black guy and the middle-aged white guy. Everyone else on the ship needs to be put out an airlock.

mySuperLamePic_15743bfbe73af9dd581368884452dbe8.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like her as an actress but I don't find her portrayal of an android to be very believable. I think a lot of that is due to the writers really forcing the development of the character. In typical derivative fashion they are trying to make the AI character human. It's been done before...and before...and before. And it's been done much better.

As for eye candy on the show, as I said the Asian guy is hot. But so is the black guy and the middle-aged white guy. Everyone else on the ship needs to be put out an airlock.

View attachment 31725

Airlock me! BAHAHAHAHAHA....Why do I have to be reading these when I have a mouthful of coffee? :facepalm:. This time it was my coffee table (goes to get warm rag and the coffee carafe to refill my cup). :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What? Did you expect Shaved to airlock the guys?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

At least one guy in that pic is headed for the Airlock! Are you implying that shaved is a slut? :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least one guy in that pic is headed for the Airlock! Are you implying that shaved is a slut? :P

I would NEVER put shaved in the same class as Chloe!

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

Yes, most famously with Data on Star Trek: TNG. But Data had a precedent. Gene Roddenberry was even the executive producer.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

The resident pretty boy gets airlocked. I have no tolerance for such foppery! :daniel01:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I took this show up again, this time I actually made time to watch episodes 1-3 back to back and you know what? I kinda like it. There is the team aspect, and this is episodic. Sure it is done on a budget, and the locales they used are common and on earth, but they managed to make me suspend belief enough to enjoy the episodes. In other words, I like it so far. It's good to have ship based scifi action drama.

The android girl is annoying, but she could polish that character over enough episodes. Data on Trek was stiff and puppet-like in episode 1. Spock grinned and smiled and smirked in the first season of Trek TOS. The rest of the characters need work too. But with time they could be more than okay.