SyFy original movie - The Philadelphia Experiment

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I drank too much MD 20/20 and passed out before this one was over. But I found a nice IMDB review that summed up the action...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2039399/board/nest/202456383

What I Learned From Watching 'The Philadelphia Experiment'

1. US Navy ships in World War II had their names painted in large letters on the side - so the enemy would know which ship they were shooting at.

2. Scientists conducting military black box experiments have to use the vehicles of the visiting dignitaries as test subjects since, with a tight black box project budget, they can't afford to go on cars.com or to the local junkyard and get a few old beaters on which they can experiment.

3. When you're investigating the phenomenon of a ship suddenly appearing at an inland airfield, the first person you should call for backup is the waitress at the local diner.

4. When you're investigating a glowing 70-year-old ship that suddenly appears at an inland airfield, you should reach out and touch it.

5. Ships getting hit by torpedoes or icebergs (RMS Titanic) break in half when too much of the ship is out of the water and too much stress is placed on the keel. Ships falling onto high-rise buildings in the middle of the keel, however, stay in one piece.

6. Brilliant scientists dress and look like Starbucks baristas, while the executives at their firms dress like high-end hookers.

7. When sending an incursion team to investigate a ship appearing in the sky and falling into the roof of a 30-story high-rise, don't use a helicopter. Make them climb the stairs. And only send two or three guys.

8. Small-town waitresses got some mean hacking skills.

9. Navy technicians transported through time 70 years are fully capable of operating the modern technology with which they come into contact.

10. When the AR15-carrying henchman is sent to take a briefcase outside, he will go outside and not return, allowing the heroes to escape without having to fight him.

11. When you rescue your grandfather from a time-travelling mishap, your grandmother will disappear from your past and your life entirely.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball