Suits on USA Network

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This show is kicking off the second half of season 2 tonight! :joy:

It's currently one of my and my wife's absolute favorite shows. Anyone else follow this show? If you do, you gotta admire the character of Harvey Specter. The man is a pure strategist.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I like Suits.

I think it is interesting that while they intended the show to be about Mike they were quick on their feet to fan reaction, and now it is much more a show centered on Harvey, Jessica and Louis (you gotta like Louis). I just hope they keep the shipping to a minimum - this show is 1000x better when it is dealing with the law firm and cases than when it gets into personal relationships.

Bluce Ree

I like Suits.

I think it is interesting that while they intended the show to be about Mike they were quick on their feet to fan reaction, and now it is much more a show centered on Harvey, Jessica and Louis (you gotta like Louis). I just hope they keep the shipping to a minimum - this show is 1000x better when it is dealing with the law firm and cases than when it gets into personal relationships.

Agree 100%!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit the Suits episode tonight (return to first run to finish out this season) was disappointing. Way too much angst and personal drama and not enough law.

Bluce Ree

I have to admit the Suits episode tonight (return to first run to finish out this season) was disappointing. Way too much angst and personal drama and not enough law.

I liked last night's episode. There's a lot brewing, especially with Louis.

- friction between Harvey & Louis
- Harvey being blackmailed into hiring a new jr associate due to Mike's disregard of attorney-client privilege
- Louis's choice for associate being shot down by Jessica and could also end up exposing Mike
- Louis finding out that Harvey just got to hire a new associate in spite of the "hiring freeze" he was told by Jessica

The angst between Mike and Rachel didn't overwhelm the episode. I find it was kept to a minimum.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I guess I was just primed for the usual witty dialog and the like and didn't like getting served up all the personal drama instead.

Maybe they're building up to Harvey and Jessica realizing that the whole reason Louis sided with Hardman was the way they treated him. I don't think they would want to see the effect on the firm if he left because he is the one who recruits and trains the associates (and as we know from a prior episode does it very well).

Also, I am getting to the point where I feel the show would be stronger without Mike. Too much shipping, angst, drug use, and too much revolving around his "secret".

Bluce Ree

Is it me or is this show slowing down in the second half of the season?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It seems like it has.

At least yesterday they seem to have had Louis become part of the gang again. And that started last week when Jessica took Harvey down a few pegs for his acting like a bull in a china shop.