Sugar Addiction - Its a real, physical thing and has withdrawal symptoms.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
avoiding mangoes did the trick. I didn't wake up last night.

Now, imagine eating those mangoes before a walk or a run or working out and you can see how that works. The extra sugar rush will enhance your workout and by the time it comes down your muscles will also need a rest. Drink a liter of water and take a nap for an hour.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, I think this thread is relevant again! I followed my own advice again, and am back on track after breaking my 2017 sugar addiction. No more cravings for sugar (sorry, Mister Donut!).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The cool thing is when you've been off sugar for awhile and then eat something sweet (usually in a social setting) and you find it now tastes insanely sweet!

I remember that from before. :sulkiness:. What I need to get a handle on is whatever the weakness was that allowed carb creep/sugar addiction to return. This is the third time! I am always able to get back in shape, but I need to address the path to my Dark Side. It could possibly be MJ? It does indeed give you the "munchies", and generally that means sweets or something crunchy and flavorful. HOWEVER, I have started doing something very simple and tasty: simple apple slices, cinnamon and a packet of Stevia or Splenda. A crisp green apple with it's tartness works perfectly for this. It tastes identical to apple pie! VERY satisfying.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well, I think this thread is relevant again! I followed my own advice again, and am back on track after breaking my 2017 sugar addiction. No more cravings for sugar (sorry, Mister Donut!).
Apparently sugar is linked to cancer...Who would have thought!

https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/arti...from-fizzy-drinks-no-matter-what-size-you-are

Sugar, body weight and cancer have long been known to have an intricate and troubling relationship.

Health professionals have observed that as our body weight increases, so does the occurrence of many cancers like those in the liver, aggressive prostate, ovary and gallbladder.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sugar is poison. It puts the body in an extended state of inflammation which leads to all kinds of diseases. Refined sugar should not even exist.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

When you look in nature, you do not see pervasive obesity in any other species. You see the seasonal fattening of females preparing for birth, or animals which hibernate and store food for that. But being fat is unnatural and unhealthy. It is going to cause discomfort at the very least, and at the worst it can cause or accelerate death. That is a motivating factor for a guy my age!