Steven Spielberg & Stephen King To Bring ‘Under The Dome’ To Showtime

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Steven Spielberg is paying close attention to his television production duties – with programs like TNT’s Falling Skies, and the upcoming Terra Nova on Fox – and will now be partnering with horror-maestro Stephen King to bring Under the Dome to Showtime.
Under the Dome revolves around the mystery of Chester’s Mill, Maine; a town that has been surrounded by an invisible force field, which completely severs the townspeople from the outside world. For many, the incident is terrifying and deadly, but for a select few – led by Big Jim Rennie *– it marks a means by which to grab control of the town, and twist it to suit his murderous agenda.

While it doesn’t carry the weight of the long-gestating The Dark Tower film/television series, Spielberg obviously saw the potential for Under the Dome right away. He and fellow Dreamworks cohort Stacey Snider secured the rights to the property just a few months after it was published in 2009.

http://screenrant.com/steven-spielberg-stephen-king-under-dome-showtime-yman-130008/

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
Great, another show Spielberg will likely ruin due to dropping some idea before he runs off to whatever film project he's working on and no one on the actual show staff having the balls to ignore him.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Ya know, i am from small town maine and the towns there don't need "domes" to cut themselves off from the rest of the world! :P the inbred attitudes of some of the residents are enough to do it! my family was "outsidahs" to many of the locals because we had only been in the town since the 1920's. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So will it be a series? If so, I'm sure it will peter out quickly in terms of interest, at least for me. Soap-fi is sure to ensue after the first episode. Yawn.