Stargate Universe - The series that ruined the Stargate franchise

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Overmind One submitted a new blog post:

Stargate Universe - The series that ruined the Stargate franchise

Stargate Universe is being viewed by longtime Stargate fans as being the single most obvious reason that the Stargate franchise largely created by Brad Wright and associates has crumbled. Actually, more like shattered. Starring Robert Carlyle, Lou Diamond Phillips, Ming Na, Louis Ferreria, David Blue, Elyse Levesque, Brian Jacob Smith, Alaina Huffman, Jamil Walker Smith and an extended cast, this show was written more like a soap opera rather than a science fiction show. Critics are not...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Damn, this thread in the blog had more than 100 comments on it, which are now lost. :( But the article needed to be integrated into the forums. There is going to be more of that going on.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
NEVER FORGET! :moody:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
NEVER FORGET! :moody:

Well, think of it this way: if Brad Wright had not created Battlesoapgate Univoyager and failed, it would still be on the air.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Well, think of it this way: if Brad Wright had not created Battlesoapgate Univoyager and failed, it would still be on the air.

Or, if Brad Wright had not created Bafflewhine Sexstonager, then Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin would still be cursing the fact that the TV serieses prevented him from rebooting the movie with a trilogy of movies.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Or, if Brad Wright had not created Bafflewhine Sexstonager, then Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin would still be cursing the fact that the TV serieses prevented him from rebooting the movie with a trilogy of movies.

:rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::lol::SmileyLaughingTears::beckett_new049:

Can you imagine if Stargate Universe had been a hit? We would still be out there drifting around on that dumbass ship, with it's whiskey still and sex booths...er...closet I watched Air Pts 1, 2 and 3 hoping I might see something different in SGU that I did not appreciate before. But it was a disappointment. Still seems stupid!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::lol::SmileyLaughingTears::beckett_new049:

Can you imagine if Stargate Universe had been a hit? We would still be out there drifting around on that dumbass ship, with it's whiskey still and sex booths...er...closet I watched Air Pts 1, 2 and 3 hoping I might see something different in SGU that I did not appreciate before. But it was a disappointment. Still seems stupid!

Poor Chloe's vagina. :moody:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Oh dear lord I dread to thing of what new insipid scenarios those characters would get up to. Season 5, and Chloe is still going "Oh I'm useless I can't do anything" then bats her eyelashes and every one goes awwwww while the rest of us go BLLAAAAAARRGGHHH. Still pining for Earth even though they are getting further and further away from it, have some magical glowy wavey things plus some new age religious mumbo jumbo about everyone having a purpose/destriny (OH HO THAT IS THE NAME OF THE SHIP ISN'T IT!).

I still couldn't believe what they had planned for season 3 though. Despite obviously not having a plan because they said they didn't know, but the suggestion was them against humans either from that colony or from Earth itself (I forget) which would be the primary antagonist for that season/episode/10 minutes when they aren't being mopey. Like they clearly haven't established why this ship is so valuable in the first place, and ignoring the fact that the ancients willingly disregarded it also.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh dear lord I dread to thing of what new insipid scenarios those characters would get up to. Season 5, and Chloe is still going "Oh I'm useless I can't do anything" then bats her eyelashes and every one goes awwwww while the rest of us go BLLAAAAAARRGGHHH. Still pining for Earth even though they are getting further and further away from it, have some magical glowy wavey things plus some new age religious mumbo jumbo about everyone having a purpose/destriny (OH HO THAT IS THE NAME OF THE SHIP ISN'T IT!).

I still couldn't believe what they had planned for season 3 though. Despite obviously not having a plan because they said they didn't know, but the suggestion was them against humans either from that colony or from Earth itself (I forget) which would be the primary antagonist for that season/episode/10 minutes when they aren't being mopey. Like they clearly haven't established why this ship is so valuable in the first place, and ignoring the fact that the ancients willingly disregarded it also.

:shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::SmileyLaughingTears:

Wait, remember that they changed Chloe from Bimbo to Brainy in season 2? She was scribbling equations on walls and helping Rush with stuff. :facepalm:. Oh, and she acquired some sort of powers from the fish heads, didnt she? My brain has purged most of it. This show would have NEVER had them coming home. It would have gone on and on like Gilligan's Island and none of them ever would have gotten home. And that God Signal, they would have been chasing that for a while. The whole time, that still would be on the ship, Lt James walking around in her camisole, random moaning being heard in closets and dark corners, and empty Little Debbie wrappers in the corridors left by Eli.

Perhaps the Magical Survival Kit could give them some roller skates and new iPods too? LMAO!