Stargate Reboot Movies Cancelled...

heisenberg

Earl Grey

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2016/11/the-stargate-reboot-film-has-fallen-apart/

The much talked about plans to reboot the Stargate franchise with a new feature film — the first in a planned trilogy — is facing a bleak future, according to producer and Stargate co-creator Dean Devlin.

In a new interview with Empire Magazine published today Devlin said that the project has fallen apart.

Thought so...we got caught up in the us election so much that we missed this piece of good news. I know there are some here that wanted to see the movie reboot, but it seems that these guys obviously couldn't be bothered so even better. Maybe we will see it as a tv franchise again.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I rather it not be done than done wrong or done flippantly.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I rather it not be done than done wrong or done flippantly.

I don't want any more Goa'uld, no more Ancients or Ori or Jaffa and ESPECIALLY no more earth spaceships with transporters and phasers.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, I decided to do a rewatch of SG-1 starting in Season 6 and I am just shocked how they went from Stargate to Startrek-SG1 is such an obvious, overt way it is shocking! They created the F303 and it was supposed to be earth's first ship capable of interstellar travel, yet was a secret controlled by the MILITARY? Sam was spouting off her uber-scientific dialogue in the first of a two-parter episode 1 and 2. In episode 2, McKay shows up, and a Colonel Chekhov! When Sam and O'Neill take the F303 up on it's maiden flight, O'Neill even asks Sam if the phasers are charged (he was kidding). Episode 3 has them in a Jaffa Scout ship but the inside of it is done up like a Federation starship, and Sam refers to shields and weapons, and the style of it was pure Star Trek.

Seeing it like this again reminds me why I don't want anyone who did the TV series to be involved in a reboot. I loved SG-1, but I did not love it enough to see it rebooted with those same elements. The Jaffa are just irritating, less badass versions of the Klingons. I had to pause Episode 3 to write this. Anyways Im back to it!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
OMG, I decided to do a rewatch of SG-1 starting in Season 6 and I am just shocked how they went from Stargate to Startrek-SG1 is such an obvious, overt way it is shocking! They created the F303 and it was supposed to be earth's first ship capable of interstellar travel, yet was a secret controlled by the MILITARY? Sam was spouting off her uber-scientific dialogue in the first of a two-parter episode 1 and 2. In episode 2, McKay shows up, and a Colonel Chekhov! When Sam and O'Neill take the F303 up on it's maiden flight, O'Neill even asks Sam if the phasers are charged (he was kidding). Episode 3 has them in a Jaffa Scout ship but the inside of it is done up like a Federation starship, and Sam refers to shields and weapons, and the style of it was pure Star Trek.

Seeing it like this again reminds me why I don't want anyone who did the TV series to be involved in a reboot. I loved SG-1, but I did not love it enough to see it rebooted with those same elements. The Jaffa are just irritating, less badass versions of the Klingons. I had to pause Episode 3 to write this. Anyways Im back to it!

Who cares if they copied it? You got to ask yourself this. Was it good? YES Was it entertaining? YES Was it funny? Yes! so why waste precious energy after such trivial nonsense such as copying?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Who cares if they copied it? You got to ask yourself this. Was it good? YES Was it entertaining? YES Was it funny? Yes! so why waste precious energy after such trivial nonsense such as copying?

I agree. :) But Stargate SG-1 was so much better when it was Stargate SG-1 and did not have earth spaceships and phasers and transporters. It was irritating because I love Star Trek much more than any other science fiction series and I am a fanboy who is protective of it. To watch Brad Wright blatantly rip it off just pisses me off. I felt the same way when children were added to Star Trek shows, and when Seaquest DSV turned into Star Trek.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
He probably canceled these movies after seeing his dismal returns from Independence Day 2 which I have tried to like but alas , cannot .

;) ;) ;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Are you sure its cancelled ! I saw this in Montreal . Or maybe that's the real Stargate right under everyone's nose.

20161128_130656_HDR.jpg
20161128_131003_HDR.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No Stargate reboot means rewatch time! I recently started a rewatch from Season 6 but I want to go back and start from Season 1. LOVED SG-1, but not when it first aired. I was being my grumpy and unwilling self because I wanted a sequel to the movie and not a TV series. But I ended up loving the series...until Season 6, then I started hating on it because it ripped off Star Trek so blatantly. It was like somebody stealing and wearing your underwear!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
No Stargate reboot means rewatch time! I recently started a rewatch from Season 6 but I want to go back and start from Season 1. LOVED SG-1, but not when it first aired. I was being my grumpy and unwilling self because I wanted a sequel to the movie and not a TV series. But I ended up loving the series...until Season 6, then I started hating on it because it ripped off Star Trek so blatantly. It was like somebody stealing and wearing your underwear!
I just can't believe it's been 10 years since stargate sg1 came off air.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wouldn't wish rewatching SGU on anyone...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wouldn't wish rewatching SGU on anyone...

I can attest to that unfortunate experience. I actually tried. The "Earth" episode stopped me in my tracks.