Stargate Origins TV Web Series Announced

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's okay. It doesn't take itself seriously but it isn't as bad as discovery. Some inconsistencies but it's still bad

if i were to agree with that, then everyone here has to agree that SW ep VIII is a tour de force masterpiece!

and SGU is the standard bearer of stargate...

ENTERPRISE is the flagship show for all of Trek...

and unicorns live in Kansas :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
didn't this production have the backing of the studio? if so, then why the low budget and poor quality?

it is just a way to bury SG forever by making such an atrocity

heisenberg

Earl Grey
if i were to agree with that, then everyone here has to agree that SW ep VIII is a tour de force masterpiece!

and SGU is the standard bearer of stargate...

ENTERPRISE is the flagship show for all of Trek...

and unicorns live in Kansas :)
I haven't watched SW so I can't comment but SGU and discovery were both end of shit. This was bad I am not going to deny that. It felt like a very low budget film and some really bad acting but in terms of degree of shitness, this isn't even same league as SGU or Discovery.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
didn't this production have the backing of the studio? if so, then why the low budget and poor quality?

it is just a way to bury SG forever by making such an atrocity
I think it was probably because they didn't have a large budget to begin with. It was suppose to be a test/pilot to see how fans would react to it and then if MGM felt that there was still interest in this franchise, that they would revive it. Neither of which MGM has ruled out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think it was probably because they didn't have a large budget to begin with. It was suppose to be a test/pilot to see how fans would react to it and then if MGM felt that there was still interest in this franchise, that they would revive it. Neither of which MGM has ruled out.

I would love to see a Stargate reboot! But I don't want a reboot of SG-1, Atlantis or SGU or anything that Brad Wright created. I would be interested in a new Stargate series, but not one set in the 1930s.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
at least SGU was pretty to watch with its better production and sfx

and, at least it had a couple of good actors despite their having to mutter shit dialogue every time

well, one actor Robert Carlyle

you think he ever makes demands to MGM wanting to get all those lost hours of his life back he spent on SGU? :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
at least SGU was pretty to watch with its better production and sfx

and, at least it had a couple of good actors despite their having to mutter shit dialogue every time

well, one actor Robert Carlyle

you think he ever makes demands to MGM wanting to get all those lost hours of his life back he spent on SGU? :)

Seeing him in Once Upon A Time quickly erased any doubts I had of Robert Carlyle's acting chops. He was absolutely superb in it, and continues to be. It was the hack writing. I still have not watched this s web series yet, but I will get around to it!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
robert carlyle; in every american and british production i have seen in him he has alwasy been good

i can't understand why he signed on to SGU? perhaps he must NOT have known anything about the SG franchise prior? i'll give him the benefit of the doubt

after the fact--when i did watch SGU again, knowing how it was received as a failure, whenever Rush insults anyone, IT IS ALL THE MORE ENJOYABLE!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I still have not watched this s web series yet, but I will get around to it!

IDT I am going to pay even $20 to watch the remaining eps. but if you do see them all, tell us all the pathetic-ness that transpires!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
whatever happened to the plans for a Emmerich led follow up film?

pls dont tell me this replaced it!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
whatever happened to the plans for a Emmerich led follow up film?

pls dont tell me this replaced it!!

I don't know, unfortunately. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Um, Trainspotting?

i know he and ewan mcgregor were in it :)

thats about it. i saw it was about heroin addiction or something, in a dramatized form, wasn't really interested. but i realise it was an acclaimed film

like i said, the two i put up were two off my head. some that idt a lot of americans know about as they were british and i don't know if any were ever put on american tv back then. treason and plot i could only find on youtube

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i know he and ewan mcgregor were in it :)

thats about it. i saw it was about heroin addiction or something, in a dramatized form, wasn't really interested. but i realise it was an acclaimed film

like i said, the two i put up were two off my head. some that idt a lot of americans know about as they were british and i don't know if any were ever put on american tv back then. treason and plot i could only find on youtube

He is REALLY good. He has a huge range of acting skills, and I have to conclude that Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassener failed in the writing department and that is why SGU failed. Brad himself said that he would be teased that he could not write drama, and they were right. Unfortunatly, our beloved Stargate Atlantis suffered because of it, but at least we don't have to deal with trying to explain why Eli is still fate after 5 years on Destiny!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
with trying to explain why Eli is still fate after 5 years on Destiny!

when you watch these eps, there is a comment window below. idk if it is an actual live chat or just messages. but there a bunch of 'save SGU' posts on it

so, even the sgu fans hate this crappy show--that is funny...and telling to the ppl who made it

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just watched the first three eps. Intrigued but not impressed. Picture quality is so much better than the first SG-1 seasons. Too bad it feels like fan fiction. Even Connor Trineer could do a lot better. Some cheesy stuff here and there too.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Just watched the first three eps. Intrigued but not impressed. Picture quality is so much better than the first SG-1 seasons. Too bad it feels like fan fiction. Even Connor Trineer could do a lot better. Some cheesy stuff here and there too.

come on man....you know you want to say it..you do, you know it

come on...yup..you got it..

oh hell, i'll say it for you

"sgu was a far better piece of crap then this shiny steamy pile of dog sh^t"

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
come on man....you know you want to say it..you do, you know it

come on...yup..you got it..

oh hell, i'll say it for you

"sgu was a far better piece of crap then this shiny steamy pile of dog sh^t"

Don't you be putting words in my mouth. I'm not ready to say anything like that.