Stargate Origins TV Web Series Announced

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The gate IS different, and those two creatures/aliens or whatever they were at the end of the trailer threw me off. There was no gate and no travel before Stargate (the movie). That time frame was contemporary with SG-1, not much later. This show is supposed to be decades earlier, but the gate was buried before then. They have some major retconning to do.

I am not interested if they are re-imagining Stargate. I am not interested in a 1930's earth using the stargate, and I don't care about new characters being introduced.
Looks better than Discovery. Looks like like Indiana jones than stargate but I'll still watch it.

The gate IS different, and those two creatures/aliens or whatever they were at the end of the trailer threw me off. There was no gate and no travel before Stargate (the movie). That time frame was contemporary with SG-1, not much later. This show is supposed to be decades earlier, but the gate was buried before then. They have some major retconning to do.

I am not interested if they are re-imagining Stargate. I am not interested in a 1930's earth using the stargate, and I don't care about new characters being introduced.

Humorous ethnic sidekicks in a 2018 production are hilarious! :moody: :icon_neutral:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this is up and running!!!

you can watch the first 3 eps for free --well, a 'payment' of surrendering your email address and making a profile

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this is up and running!!!

you can watch the first 3 eps for free --well, a 'payment' of surrendering your email address and making a profile

No comment on the show? No link? Shame on you! :anim_59:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I will too.
The acting looks like I am watching a musical to feel like it's authentic. It feels as though at the end of the shoot the people playing them are about to laugh. How is a car able to power an entire stargate too? Those things require a ZPM to power. Who wrote the story...? Still better than discovery though.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
posted the youtube link

no, that was the web address while i was on the stargate command website

idk, maybe it goes to youtube out of the us or in some countries where it is available on YT?

i dont see anything but trailers on youtube here

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yeah the cart battery thing--- spoilers, heh?

but i cant see much to 'spoil' here anyway :)

now with that power issue, it seems the gate has some power as well; wasn't that in one of the shows before? that the gate holds residual power or something?

i seem to remember Teal'c turning the gate by hand and powering it up that way

but the car battery thing? huh?

and the germans have a dhd in berlin? guess that is where the russians got theirs from in SG1?

This show has way too many cutesy gags. are they trying to mimic O'Neil in SG1? Its not working.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the germans

one sentence they speak english to one another, the next german

"take the girl, schnell schnell right away..heil hitler"

wtf. one way or the other please

and where did the german dr get those papers and how did he figure out so quickly what it took langford, then the us air force 50yrs to figure out?

thye literally reduced years of plotline from the movie and sg1 into a 3 minute conversation

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
---what planet did they gate to. that was not the Abydos pyramid

---why didn't any world in sg1 know about them? or the Go'auld?

---why didn't catherine tell the sgc about this 'adventure'

and ppl want to rip SW's for plot holes and retcons! GEESH!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm not that inclined to "sign up" to see this. It sounds dumb.

given the way STD is going and now this spectacle, I have little hope for any sci fi like we knew in the future.

but you watch!! it will get great reviews and become another millennial dream boat.

still won't be SG except in name alone.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am stopping at ep 3. so far i have no reason to pay even the measly $20 they want for all access

i would though, like to see how they will dial back to earth? maybe they will figure out dialing sequences and earth's address in another 3 minute conversation?

again reducing yrs of computer sim's, algorithm writings and the like in the movie and SG1 to meaningless rubble.

i wonder though, does today's young viewer have the wherewithal to even follow along and wait for the point of one of Sam Carter's gate theory talks? Can they even make it to the punchline of any of Col O'Neil's jokes? The last motion in the raise of a Teal'c eyebrow? :tealc_new001:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
given the way STD is going and now this spectacle, I have little hope for any sci fi like we knew in the future.

but you watch!! it will get great reviews and become another millennial dream boat.

still won't be SG except in name alone.
It's okay. It doesn't take itself seriously but it isn't as bad as discovery. Some inconsistencies but it's still bad

heisenberg

Earl Grey
i am stopping at ep 3. so far i have no reason to pay even the measly $20 they want for all access

i would though, like to see how they will dial back to earth? maybe they will figure out dialing sequences and earth's address in another 3 minute conversation?

again reducing yrs of computer sim's, algorithm writings and the like in the movie and SG1 to meaningless rubble.

i wonder though, does today's young viewer have the wherewithal to even follow along and wait for the point of one of Sam Carter's gate theory talks? Can they even make it to the punchline of any of Col O'Neil's jokes? The last motion in the raise of a Teal'c eyebrow? :tealc_new001: