Stargate Origins TV Web Series Announced

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It looks like there's a lot of shittin' around before they get to any actual stargate action. And at this point I don't want to see behind-the-scenes footage, I want to see completed footage from the movie itself. Save the behind-the-scenes stuff for after it airs. (Yes that's bitchy, and no I don't care.)

How are they gonna get any stargate action in this webseries if it is not dug up until decades later?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have no idea but they have no choice, it has to happen. If this is just about spy intrigue and the stargate is not activated it will be pointless. Why even make the movie to begin with? That makes no sense.

Perhaps they want to tell the pre-story where the talk of a stargate first came into play. Dr Jackson in the original movie did not start from scratch concerning the stargate. I suppose there is a story to tell about the period of time the existence of the gate was first theorised. And they only want 10 minutes of my time to watch? No problem there. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
How are they gonna get any stargate action in this webseries if it is not dug up until decades later?
I have no idea but they have no choice, it has to happen. If this is just about spy intrigue and the stargate is not activated it will be pointless. Why even make the movie to begin with? That makes no sense.
I see old car case, and Indiana jones style adventure. Still, I think it will be fun to watch this series IMO.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Maybe the stargate was unburried before and will then be reburried at the end of the show. Or maybe the aliens came is space ships to look for it and unburry it. Or there is another stargate. Or the writers came up with something really clever.

Perhaps they want to tell the pre-story where the talk of a stargate first came into play. Dr Jackson in the original movie did not start from scratch concerning the stargate. I suppose there is a story to tell about the period of time the existence of the gate was first theorised. And they only want 10 minutes of my time to watch? No problem there. :)

Don't be a fool, you'll be getting bent over and sodomized 10 minutes at a time. You know they're gonna f*** ya. That's what they do, these TV types. They're gonna seductively invite you in to "watch" Stargate and next thing you know you'll be starring in a Harvey Weinstein production, one that doesn't come with a happy ending. ;)

Looking forward to checking it out!

Me too! I just made an appointment for a bikini wax in anticipation of the premiere! :beckett_new049:

*Regardless of how long post-production takes I'm gonna get the kitty "strip mined" cuz seriously, it's a jungle down there. I'm talkin' Vietnam 1969 kind of jungle. Gonna need a healthy dose of Agent Orange to burn through that beard I tell ya.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so, the new Indiana Jones movie can be called off and they can just blend him into this!

sorry, it is just what it reminds me off--very strongly

didn't see any gate travel shots--shouldn't a trailer for stargate have some gate travel? at least the "puddle" in a shot? did i miss it?
--------------------------------------------
with the german involvement--isn't that how the russians got a DHD? captured from the germans?

https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/stargate-origins-release-date-and-teaser-trailer

heisenberg

Earl Grey
so, the new Indiana Jones movie can be called off and they can just blend him into this!

sorry, it is just what it reminds me off--very strongly

didn't see any gate travel shots--shouldn't a trailer for stargate have some gate travel? at least the "puddle" in a shot? did i miss it?
--------------------------------------------
with the german involvement--isn't that how the russians got a DHD? captured from the germans?

https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/stargate-origins-release-date-and-teaser-trailer
That's what I said before too. The whole vibe is Indiana Jones.

The comment section not many are a fan of.

The cinematography doesn't look bad for what they show us, but so far that amounts to a lot of running around in the desert, that's it. They hint at the stargate being operational as proven by the reflective light of the event horizon in one of the scenes. So who knows at this point. I'm not going to worry too much about it. If I can watch this thing for free I'll do so but if they expect me to pay to see it they are smoking crack.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have a feeling they are sort of developing this show as a lead-in to SG-1, so that new fans of this show might become fans of the other Stargate shows thus increasing the fan base in order to create a more viable atmosphere for new Stargate shows or movies. With that in mind, it might not be until late in this show before they actually show a Stargate or before you see it working. Sort of using it as a cliff-hanger for the lead-in to more adventures in the other shows. If this is the case, we could potentially be looking at a new Stargate show in the more present time-line not too far down the line. Wishful thinking, I know.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have a feeling they are sort of developing this show as a lead-in to SG-1, so that new fans of this show might become fans of the other Stargate shows thus increasing the fan base in order to create a more viable atmosphere for new Stargate shows or movies. With that in mind, it might not be until late in this show before they actually show a Stargate or before you see it working. Sort of using it as a cliff-hanger for the lead-in to more adventures in the other shows. If this is the case, we could potentially be looking at a new Stargate show in the more present time-line not too far down the line. Wishful thinking, I know.

It's already not canon if we ever see it uncovered or working in this show.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Like I said in another thread, they need to let this shit die once and for all. The story has been told. And doing an "origin story" and/or prequel isn't going to add anything. They need to stop raping the corpse of a middling show franchise and come up with something completely new.
Universe had potential, but Brad Wright had other ideas and ruined a fantastic franchise that could have gone as long as Star Trek IMO.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
is this even the same gate? looks different..idk

official trailer

https://origins.stargatecommand.co/...-16744737&mc_cid=90a8025104&mc_eid=6b32adeaef

The gate IS different, and those two creatures/aliens or whatever they were at the end of the trailer threw me off. There was no gate and no travel before Stargate (the movie). That time frame was contemporary with SG-1, not much later. This show is supposed to be decades earlier, but the gate was buried before then. They have some major retconning to do.

I am not interested if they are re-imagining Stargate. I am not interested in a 1930's earth using the stargate, and I don't care about new characters being introduced.