Stargate Origins TV Web Series Announced

heisenberg

Earl Grey
But HULU has all of that-all SG shows- in HD and a huge sci fi collection along with it (they even have UFO and SPACE 1999-in very high quality-idk if they are remastered or anything though), shows and movies, or $7.99/mo (or$11.99 for no commercials)

if this new show is REALLY GOOD then it may be worth it, otherwise, i am sure it wont belong before it turns up on YT or dailymotion.com for free
Don't get hulu where I am.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't get hulu where I am.

Skip it if you don't like commercials. I reject it for that one reason alone. I absolutely REFUSE to allow advertising into my entertainment. Especially if I am paying for it!

Skip it if you don't like commercials. I reject it for that one reason alone. I absolutely REFUSE to allow advertising into my entertainment. Especially if I am paying for it!

I have found that a basic "ad block" extension on a browser pretty much eliminates commercials if you watch shows directly on the websites of certain cable networks. On FX there is a 10-second delay in the spot where commercial breaks are but that is fine by me. And on other networks like A&E there is no break at all. (And I absolutely love how there are no more commercials on Youtube now that I turned the ad block extention on in my Chrome browser.)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
(And I absolutely love how there are no more commercials on Youtube now that I turned the ad block extention on in my Chrome browser.

which ad block are you using?

i use adblock plus, and it does the same for YT and just about everything else

i like how some sites will put up a screen saying "we see you are using an ad blocker. you may not be able to enjoy our website fully, please allow ads"

yeah, bs..the sites work just fine thank you

the only time i had to turn it off was for a website my son was using for school. it was a math "flash card" site and apaprently the ad blocker impaired the function..other then that, they can piss up a rope :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

yup

but you know, entertainment and ads are kind of like women and sex

you pay for it in one way or the other

ads, you are going to get them in some way--even if it is through their oh so sly attempts at in show product placements.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
which ad block are you using?

i use adblock plus, and it does the same for YT and just about everything else

i like how some sites will put up a screen saying "we see you are using an ad blocker. you may not be able to enjoy our website fully, please allow ads"

As if. Why?

the only time i had to turn it off was for a website my son was using for school. it was a math "flash card" site and apparently the ad blocker impaired the function..other then that, they can piss up a rope :)

I turn it off when I go to Amazon and certain other online stores because it sometimes falsely blocks site content I find useful.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Disappointed about the 10 episodes of 10 minutes season.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If more people subscribe, we may get another series.

Anyway, they did upload the first half of SGA 1st episode on youtube.

i know you said HULU is not available in Australia, but, I can watch every stargate series whenever i want for $11 a month.

IF they gave us some more to llok at--even like 30 secs of trailer footage, I would be far more interested.

If i do pay, it won't be until after it comes out and I get some feedback on it from somewhere.

Do we even have any kind of clear idea on the plot?

I know it is set before the gate was buried, right? But are we talking who for the players? Ancients? Go'auld? Humans? all of the above?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i know you said HULU is not available in Australia, but, I can watch every stargate series whenever i want for $11 a month.

IF they gave us some more to llok at--even like 30 secs of trailer footage, I would be far more interested.

If i do pay, it won't be until after it comes out and I get some feedback on it from somewhere.

Do we even have any kind of clear idea on the plot?

I know it is set before the gate was buried, right? But are we talking who for the players? Ancients? Go'auld? Humans? all of the above?

I think this is set before the gate is dug up, not when it was buried. According to the canon, it was buried long before modern civilization.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
According to the canon, it was buried long before modern civilization.

right
and that is the premise that would interest me most; seeing how the ancients and go'ald and others interacted then

not so interested in watching ppl use the gate in the 1920's

i believe-though i am probably wrong :) -- i read somewhere where the show was to focus on both time periods (??)

Subscription based site. Unless it's a free subscription I'm not signing up for shit! And I highly, highly doubt they will get enough people to piss money their way to make this thing profitable. Doesn't matter though as it's obviously going to be a turd sandwich. The fact that they heavily used footage from the original movie in the trailer promoting this web series proves that point.

roflbot.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Too bad it's only available to the USA.

now thats dumb!

where are you at?

i am guessing it is available in australia due to heisenberg's comments (??)

so- "lets start a site that is just for sg and this new sg series, and then lets only make available in some countries"

dumb! they should go for maximum coverage/exposure

if they are doing this to themselves it is as stupid as cancelling atlantis for sgu

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It will be available in other parts of the world a week later or so if I read that correctly, but still before the first episode airs. But I didn't really look into it.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Subscription based site. Unless it's a free subscription I'm not signing up for shit! And I highly, highly doubt they will get enough people to piss money their way to make this thing profitable. Doesn't matter though as it's obviously going to be a turd sandwich. The fact that they heavily used footage from the original movie in the trailer promoting this web series proves that point.

roflbot.jpg
yeah,,maybe if i were teased a bit more, i could get more excited about this!

but with only 100 min's total, just how much of a trailer could they make hey?

live action apparently so that is a plus...It looks like networks did not want stargate on tele so they axed it...i.e syfy - assholes