Stargate Origins TV Web Series Announced

So they're going to stretch out a non-plot with a lot of "character interaction" a.k.a. talking? Fabulous. There is also sure to be a romantic subplot filled with much angst and tortured, emotional misgivings over shit we don't care about. Can't wait for the arguing to start; extra points if they do it with the stargate in the background. With any luck it will be a rehashing of SGU replete with unsympathetic characters that ultimately die in the cold vacuum of space. Fingers crossed! :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So they're going to stretch out a non-plot with a lot of "character interaction" a.k.a. talking? Fabulous. There is also sure to be a romantic subplot filled with much angst and tortured, emotional misgivings over shit we don't care about. Can't wait for the arguing to start; extra points if they do it with the stargate in the background. With any luck it will be a rehashing of SGU replete with unsympathetic characters that ultimately die in the cold vacuum of space. Fingers crossed! :)

welcome :welcomewagon:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so i got a msg from 'the command center'. live stream event tomorrow

upload_2017-7-26_19-40-35.png

OMG, why would anyone want to live stream with some so-called "superfans"? No doubt they're nothing more than basement dwelling, masturbating monkeys with wayyyyyy too much time on their hands. These reprobates need to move out of their senile parent's homes and get jobs in the real world.

I mean, why couldn't they at least get some minor character from the original show to pop in and field a few questions? It doesn't have to be anyone in the main cast; it could be some low-level lackey like "Walter". But all we get are some "superfans"??? Seriously? I'd sooner live stream the penguin tank at the local zoo than waste time associating with a gaggle of unwashed geeks like these clowns:

geek-hierarchy-pic6.jpg

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Firstly, welcome to gatefans. :). Hope you like it here. lol I hope it's not that Soap box. Good lord another soap opera would be disastrous. Hopefully they learnt it to from SGU.

Maybe the "stargate" in this one is this woman's vagina and crossing the "event horizon" involves buying her countless dinners, paying off her credit card bills, buying her $25 "Cosmos" at the club and listening to hours and hours of vapid complaining about her incredibly challenging part-time job at that non-profit "charity" that does nothing to help people who truly need it.

roflbot.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so i subscribed to get 'alerts' on updts on the production

nothing yet, guess things are moving slow.

it is supposed to premiere this year, yes?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so i subscribed to get 'alerts' on updts on the production

nothing yet, guess things are moving slow.

it is supposed to premiere this year, yes?

They are actually going to call it a "premiere"? A web series "premiere"? Wow. I am still not past the knowledge that this so-called Stargate thing will not have a stargate in it because they have not discovered it yet. Huh? That is like saying that a show like The Lone Ranger is an "origin story" for The Terminator.

They are actually going to call it a "premiere"? A web series "premiere"? Wow. I am still not past the knowledge that this so-called Stargate thing will not have a stargate in it because they have not discovered it yet. Huh? That is like saying that a show like The Lone Ranger is an "origin story" for The Terminator.

Well technically Stargate is in the name. :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
OMG, why would anyone want to live stream with some so-called "superfans"? No doubt they're nothing more than basement dwelling, masturbating monkeys with wayyyyyy too much time on their hands. These reprobates need to move out of their senile parent's homes and get jobs in the real world.

I mean, why couldn't they at least get some minor character from the original show to pop in and field a few questions? It doesn't have to be anyone in the main cast; it could be some low-level lackey like "Walter". But all we get are some "superfans"??? Seriously? I'd sooner live stream the penguin tank at the local zoo than waste time associating with a gaggle of unwashed geeks like these clowns:

geek-hierarchy-pic6.jpg

My sister-in-law once commented upon the hygienic habits of certain uniform wearing Star Trek fans.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My sister-in-law once commented upon the hygienic habits of certain uniform wearing Star Trek fans.

I encountered that problem at a Trek Convention myself. The dude was ripe as hell, and I have no idea how the hell he got a TOS gold uniform made for a 300lb body. :) Dude was stankin, and those standing near him were not happy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the "wind up and the pitch!"

got this email today

upload_2017-8-31_19-53-9.png

Starting today, you can join
STARGATE COMMAND All-Access
and be first in line when it launches!

All-Access Membership includes:

• Pre-sale exclusive: Limited Edition Stargate Origins T-Shirt
  • The most comprehensive STARGATE library ever assembled - available for streaming.
  • First access to Stargate Origins when it launches.
  • Behind-the-Scenes access to member exclusive events from the set of Stargate Origins.
  • Authenticated members-only digital edition of the Stargate Originspilot script.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
the "wind up and the pitch!"

got this email today

View attachment 33461

Starting today, you can join
STARGATE COMMAND All-Access
and be first in line when it launches!

All-Access Membership includes:

• Pre-sale exclusive: Limited Edition Stargate Origins T-Shirt
  • The most comprehensive STARGATE library ever assembled - available for streaming.
  • First access to Stargate Origins when it launches.
  • Behind-the-Scenes access to member exclusive events from the set of Stargate Origins.
  • Authenticated members-only digital edition of the Stargate Originspilot script.
20 bucks for 9 months

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am happy to join if stargate streaming quality is better than the washed up DVD versions. If it's decent SD and SGA is in 1080p, hell yeah I am happy to 20 bucks.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am happy to join if stargate streaming quality is better than the washed up DVD versions. If it's decent SD and SGA is in 1080p, hell yeah I am happy to 20 bucks.

But HULU has all of that-all SG shows- in HD and a huge sci fi collection along with it (they even have UFO and SPACE 1999-in very high quality-idk if they are remastered or anything though), shows and movies, or $7.99/mo (or$11.99 for no commercials)

if this new show is REALLY GOOD then it may be worth it, otherwise, i am sure it wont belong before it turns up on YT or dailymotion.com for free