StarCRAFT universe(Not stargate universe)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZNrzKLO5I&feature=player_embedded

Since 1999, Blizzard fans have dreamed about what it would be like to play a StarCraft MMO. I was one of these fans and our dreams are slowly becoming a reality. Though StarCraft Universe will not be a full scale MMO, it takes the team oriented raiding style of World of Warcraft and combines it with many slasher action RPG elements of Diablo.

We are working hard to have this mod for Starcraft II meet the eyes of the public as soon as we can.. but until then visit our website at www.StarcraftUniverse.org to find out more information!

A free mod that will be coming soon! Not to mixed with stargate universe LMAO :lol:

Looks epic...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZNrzKLO5I&feature=player_embedded

A free mod that will be coming soon! Not to mixed with stargate universe LMAO :lol:

Looks epic...

Hmm....Starcraft is going in the wrong direction with this. Starcraft is not really an MMO style game. Its characters and races do not lend themselves to an MMO but they are perfect for teamplay and deathmatch games. Its a strategy game, not a role playing game. I need to see more...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hmm....Starcraft is going in the wrong direction with this. Starcraft is not really an MMO style game. Its characters and races do not lend themselves to an MMO but they are perfect for teamplay and deathmatch games. Its a strategy game, not a role playing game. I need to see more...

Warcraft was a RTS first as well dude........

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It's actually a fanmade mod.:) not an "official" expansion :). What happened was, Blizzard saw this and pulled it down. When they did this, they received some really harsh criticism but decided to allow the mod to go ahead. I think from a technical point of view, it's a masterpiece.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Warcraft was a RTS first as well dude........

Yep, it was. But it was never as science based as Starcraft was. In fact they both shared the same game engine for the whole time they have been out there. But still, Starcraft doesnt really lend itself to a MMO. Warcraft did, though. I have the original Warcraft games and also WoW, but what they did with WoW ruined it for me. I am not going to pay to play ANY game beyond the initial purchase of the game.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yep, it was. But it was never as science based as Starcraft was. In fact they both shared the same game engine for the whole time they have been out there. But still, Starcraft doesnt really lend itself to a MMO. Warcraft did, though. I have the original Warcraft games and also WoW, but what they did with WoW ruined it for me. I am not going to pay to play ANY game beyond the initial purchase of the game.

The number one reason why I have not and never will buy ANY MMOLRPG. Now, where's my dice bag :D

Red Mage

Boney
I wish this game didn't get cancelled: Starcraft:Ghost. It was going to be a stealth/action shooter where you played as a terran ghost trooper. I was really excited for this game to come out but it kept getting delayed and eventually cancelled. I think if there were to be a spinoff for Starcraft, it should be an action game similar to this. Guns and scifi just don't transfer well to rpgs that well for the most part except for a few standout examples.

starcraft-ghost-20050817003952490_640w.jpg

starcraft-ghost-20050817003955318_640w.jpg

starcraft-ghost-20050817003936071_640w.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They were still talking about ghost way back when I was working for EB Games, and that was almost 10 years ago :D

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yeah same here. When I heard the news that ghost is being made I really did like the concept. Too bad they canned it :(

heisenberg

Earl Grey
YOU worked for EB as well Hiesenburg?!? :eek:
No lol...This game is as notorious as Duke nukem Forever;which took 12 years to get released. To this day we have not heard one single news about starcraft ghost(not even a hint). The fact that they are working on diablo 3 and the other starcraft expansions, with other unannounced titles and as well as,working on keeping wow updated, I highly doubt we will ever see starcraft ghost.
With taking these factors into consideration,given the time that has passed and also taking the resources they have, It is safe to say starcraft ghost is as good as dead even though blizzard is denying it.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Diablo 3 really? i thought blizzard said "HELL TO THE NO" in regards to D3 just a few years ago?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
frickin awesome as i love diablo.

Me too. :) I hated it when those a-holes found a way to do "Town Kill". I would have all my stuff stolen as soon as I spawned. :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Me too. :) I hated it when those a-holes found a way to do "Town Kill". I would have all my stuff stolen as soon as I spawned. :(

Reasons why I was never a big fan of Hardcore or multiplayer games with people I didn't know :P

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
aye that did suck and that was about the time i stopped playing.
i also usually just played with mates over IP but trading rares was def fun :)

(need ko rune*) ftw :P

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I believe diablo 3 is in beta stage atm and only a selected few have been chosen to take part in it. They haven't ye given a released date but 2012 is looking more likely.

Here is some gameplay footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpOWOyQL52A

[video=youtube;Nu-6tucRaw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-6tucRaw0

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's been in beta stage for just over a year IIRC.