Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
thank goodness for bootleggers!

and yeah--release in 2016 not 17

i think they are trying for a film a yr,alt'g between anthology and the "main"sw's line

so at least 6 yrs of sw's in a row?

Google is now working almost as well as my crawler program does. The only difference is that the crawler will search more levels deeper into websites. They are calling the crawler programs I use "scrapers" now. There are a lot of free scrapers out there too. Using them, you can find results in web pages that Google ignores, but the searches take much longer. Sometimes days.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Google is now working almost as well as my crawler program does. The only difference is that the crawler will search more levels deeper into websites. They are calling the crawler programs I use "scrapers" now. There are a lot of free scrapers out there too. Using them, you can find results in web pages that Google ignores, but the searches take much longer. Sometimes days.

uh,yup :happy0007:

another one of your "jet plane" techy stuff just went "swhoosh" over my head :smiley-laughing021:

butt thats cool--I get the gist as they say :smiley-white-flag:

by "bootleggers" I meant the vid itself,as it looks like someone filmed the screen in the theatre/auditorium with their phone

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
uh,yup :happy0007:

another one of your "jet plane" techy stuff just went "swhoosh" over my head :smiley-laughing021:

butt thats cool--I get the gist as they say :smiley-white-flag:

by "bootleggers" I meant the vid itself,as it looks like someone filmed the screen in the theatre/auditorium with their phone

Agreed...but Google did not find it for me. I see it in YouTube search though. They will kill it soon enough...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
First official trailer--looks better the ep 7. At it has Forrest Whittaker! Bonus!! wonder what character he is playing?

Seems there IS a Admiral Thrawn - like character--at least he has the look, the cape and white uniform of Thrawn, though I didn't catch any blue skin

and the "dark troopers (also known as death troopers) from the EU and FORCE AWAKENS game--TPTB's are putting more of the EU back into official canon

i feel like a 12 yr old again,silly with excitement :) !!! so let your Star Trek fan slings and arrows fall where they may :) : )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you read my mind? LMAO! I just posted this as a new thread and an article!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Did you read my mind? LMAO! I just posted this as a new thread and an article!

i started a thread for each anthology film last october...

you guys just stay in your "trekkie neighborhood" why don't ya? :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This shit is set before A New Hope??? I am really goddamn sick and tired of this timeline. Vader is dead. We all know that. They need to move the f*** on! Christ, the inability of writers today is sickening. All they know how to do is regurgitate the same characters over and over and over and over.

The asshole writer of this article has even drunk the Kool-Aid:

"The prospect of seeing Vader back at the multiplex is a thrilling one for fans..."

No, no asshole, seeing more of Vader is not a thrilling prospect. It's an obvious attempt to pander to morons who will pay to see anything with the SW logo on it.

Hopefully everyone involved in this turd will come down with a virulent yeast infection and we'll be spared the inanity.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This shit is set before A New Hope??? I am really goddamn sick and tired of this timeline. Vader is dead. We all know that. They need to move the f*** on! Christ, the inability of writers today is sickening. All they know how to do is regurgitate that same characters over and over and over and over.

"The prospect of seeing Vader back at the multiplex is a thrilling one for fans..."

No, no asshole, seeing more of Vader is not a thrilling prospect. It's an obvious attempt to pander to morons who will pay to see anything with the SW logo on it.

Hopefully everyone involved in this turd will come down with a virulent yeast infection and we'll be spared the inanity.

Can you imagine how they will RETROACTIVELY ruin Vader? I can. Wrong voice, wrong height or build or walk. Wrong personality...they are going to eff it up.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Can you imagine how they will RETROACTIVELY ruin Vader? I can. Wrong voice, wrong height or build or walk. Wrong personality...they are going to eff it up.

They're making the mistake of overdoing it. Let Vader remain dead. Give us something completely new instead.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This shit is set before A New Hope??? I am really goddamn sick and tired of this timeline. Vader is dead. We all know that. They need to move the f*** on! Christ, the inability of writers today is sickening. All they know how to do is regurgitate the same characters over and over and over and over.

Eeeassssyyy Big Guy! :)

Take a breather and water the tomatoes! :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

I am sure they will still get James Earl Jones to do the voice..he does it for REBELS, don't see why they wouldn't get him for this

and remember,this is a younger Vader then in EP 4, so he may be a bit more "energetic" in his actions as well as even more set in stone on the dark side path after his fight with Ashoka that we saw in REBELS. That is, a full realization that none of his old friends will come to him no matter how strong their previous bond was, they will not go dark as he did.

and i do agree with APE and anyone else who says this movie--and all movies--are about money and milking said cash from the SW cow

but it is also filling the "holes" in the SW's story that fans have longed to see told on screen

we do get tired of the Skywalkers and Solo's, R2D2 and C3PO. We know there is a hole set of other characters out there--millions are involved in the galactic war--we want to see their stories and roles in the over-all story.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't think I have ever seen Mr Whitaker look this "rough"--I really like him,I think he is a great actor

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-forest-whitaker-450x600.jpg