Star Wars Anthology films: Han Solo

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How many of these films are live action and how many animated/CGI? Which are which?

They are all set to be live action

------------
this film has,so far, a May '18 release date

---------
all 3 may have some other characters cross over. like Obi WAN, or Yoda,etc:

from the article:---> "... I had assumed that these films would have little connection to the previous installments. But it seems like the Anthology films will have huge ties to the original trilogy, focusing on bounty hunter Boba Fett, Death Star plans, and now Han Solo (with Yoda, Obi-Wan and others rumored). It seems to me that the Anthology films are so far showing us more of what we know, while the Skywalker saga Episodes will introduce a whole new generation of characters, planets and story."

it would be great to see the Han movie start off with his being in the Imperial Flight Academy
mouthing off to Imperial Flight Instructors..being threatened to being sent to the at-at school or something as punishment...

just have to wait and see

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's probably going to cover things like Han getting the Millennium Falcon and meeting Chewbacca and such.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Sounds like something you find in the restricted section behind the curtains at a video store. Hand Solo.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll see.

One physical issue will be he does not look like a young Harrison Ford. I have no idea if he has the needed acting skills.

Really I would have tried to get Chris Pratt.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We'll see.

One physical issue will be he does not look like a young Harrison Ford. I have no idea if he has the needed acting skills.

This actor does not look like a Han Solo at all. He looks nothing like Harrison Ford as a younger man. This guy looks like somebody's sidekick, not a ballsy pirate.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
We'll see.

I like Chris Pratt a lot and think he would make an excellent Indiana Jones, but I am a bit more flexible on the role of Han Solo. I'm sure Pratt would be fine in the role but I wouldn't mind seeing someone a hint younger give it a go. Obviously this Alden guy doesn't fit the bill though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like Chris Pratt a lot and think he would make an excellent Indiana Jones, but I am a bit more flexible on the role of Han Solo. I'm sure Pratt would be fine in the role but I wouldn't mind seeing someone a hint younger give it a go. Obviously this Alden guy doesn't fit the bill though.

You are definitely onto something there. If this is not a Han Solo smirk on Chris's face, I don't know what is....

chris-pratt-shocked-to-see-fake-dinosaurs-in-funny-prank.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Him in Solo costume:

View attachment 33134

He looks the part, at least he is not an emo teen like they made young Anakin. But I fear they will surround him with an emo story unworthy of the character and get vapid soap writers and some action film hack.

Is that just a morph of his face onto Harrison Ford's body?

I dunno dude, I'm just not feelin' it with this guy. Maybe it's the sharp, angular facial features he has but it's just not jibing for me.

BTW, I've been thinking about the story they might do and I fear they will make Han too much of a nice guy. He will be a lovable rogue with a heart of gold instead of the cut-throat mercenary he was in the original movie. In short, they will make him a Disney character to appeal to "kids of all ages". :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is that just a morph of his face onto Harrison Ford's body?

I dunno dude, I'm just not feelin' it with this guy. Maybe it's the sharp, angular facial features he has but it's just not jibing for me.

BTW, I've been thinking about the story they might do and I fear they will make Han too much of a nice guy. He will be a lovable rogue with a heart of gold instead of the cut-throat mercenary he was in the original movie. In short, they will make him a Disney character to appeal to "kids of all ages". :rolleye0014:

Frankly, I don't understand why there has to be a "young Han Solo" AT ALL. It's as though the recent spate of reboot movies has given even more granular reboots of already done characters. There did not need to be a young Han Solo. There did not have to be Kirk and Spock 2.0 Beta. If they had just kept going forward, it would have allowed for the creation of new characters. But wait, there are no existing metrics on new characters, just old ones. Reanimate them all in newer, younger versions...that's the ticket. *sigh*

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It's probably going to cover things like Han getting the Millennium Falcon and meeting Chewbacca and such.

Didn't they meet on a blind date ? Hans dating add stated that he likes his girls hairy ... Chewy just wanted a night out and look were it got them ...

Sequels and spin offs that will go on forever ...

;) ;) ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Frankly, I don't understand why there has to be a "young Han Solo" AT ALL. It's as though the recent spate of reboot movies has given even more granular reboots of already done characters. There did not need to be a young Han Solo. There did not have to be Kirk and Spock 2.0 Beta. If they had just kept going forward, it would have allowed for the creation of new characters. But wait, there are no existing metrics on new characters, just old ones. Reanimate them all in newer, younger versions...that's the ticket. *sigh*

these new films and tv shows are telling more of the story--filling in the blanks-either in the past or future of the star wars story

the new treks I would say are reboots-bad do overs that need doing over as soon as possible!! :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Didn't they meet on a blind date ? Hans dating add stated that he likes his girls hairy ... Chewy just wanted a night out and look were it got them ...

Sequels and spin offs that will go on forever ...

;) ;) ;)

inter species homo sexual love affairs

the path to true galactic bliss

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I am SO looking forward to skipping this entire story line. I can't wait to miss it altogether and pretend it doesn't exist!

:joy:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am SO looking forward to skipping this entire story line. I can't wait to miss it altogether and pretend it doesn't exist!

:joy:

You know, this is actually one character whose backstory I wouldn't mind seeing. But I just know they're not gonna do it right. :moody: