Star Trek VOY: General Discussion Thread

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Since school is in session anyways, what's a captain's yaught? What's a regular yaught for that matter?

A Captain's Yacht is a ship buried in the chin of the saucer section (I say chin because the belly would be in the stardrive section). ST Insurrection featured the Enterprise E Captain's Yacht which they flew down to the Ba'ku planet.

S

Stonelesscutter

A Captain's Yacht is a ship buried in the chin of the saucer section (I say chin because the belly would be in the stardrive section). ST Insurrection featured the Enterprise E Captain's Yacht which they flew down to the Ba'ku planet.

Now you say yacht it makes more sense.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlv_02fRyY

and this should have been real and not Tuvok's holodeck fantasy.

View attachment 2897 View attachment 2898

I was always disappointed that we never saw this in the show.

I have seen that ship in the schematics for Voyager, but never a rendering of it! Very cool. And it would be significantly larger than the Delta Flyer. They should have used the yacht for the Borg modifications in season 4, instead of building a new one. I think it looks cool! But now, I am reminded of the ugly shuttles in SGU with those wings. :(

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I have seen that ship in the schematics for Voyager, but never a rendering of it! Very cool. And it would be significantly larger than the Delta Flyer. They should have used the yacht for the Borg modifications in season 4, instead of building a new one. I think it looks cool! But now, I am reminded of the ugly shuttles in SGU with those wings. :(

I love the Delta Flyer but instead of binning the cool "hotrod" fins at the back, they should have binned of all of those B-movie, 1950's knobs & dials - they looked very Noddy, totally out of place & ruined the whole style of the DF.

S

Stonelesscutter

I love the Delta Flyer but instead of binning the cool "hotrod" fins at the back, they should have binned of all of those B-movie, 1950's knobs & dials - they looked very Noddy, totally out of place & ruined the whole style of the DF.

Indeed. I guess they were out of budget or something and had to use stuff from the junkyard and old shows to build the interior.

Tropicana

Council Member
RE: Delta Flyer, the panels would definitely get upgraded during a refit or something, but I thought it was cute to use the 1950s sci-fi style knobs and levers.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
RE: Delta Flyer, the panels would definitely get upgraded during a refit or something, but I thought it was cute to use the 1950s sci-fi style knobs and levers.

It came from Paris' love of 1950's Scifi (like original flash gordon, not mentioned by name of course). He said he wanted them for "asthetic reasons" as he was "bored with panels and touch buttons, and wanted some real controls for once"

Tropicana

Council Member
Oh I know, Captain Proton!

It was cool and in the FPS - "Elite Force", it was so fun to play Captain Proton missions on the "Holodeck".

S

Stonelesscutter

Oh I know, Captain Proton!

It was cool and in the FPS - "Elite Force", it was so fun to play Captain Proton missions on the "Holodeck".

Aah, he did a good job taking care of dr. Evil.
No wait, that's from somewhere else. Ehm...
I mean count Duku.
Nope that's not it either. Ehm...
Sigh. My give up.

Tropicana

Council Member
I think Janeway in the later seasons looked gorgeous. The hair bob, the softness of her face when her cheeks weren't brushed with red as per earlier seasons.

captain-janeway-7.jpg

I think Janeway is awesome, she is one of my favourite all-time characters and IMO, she kicks ass and is my favourite Captain.