Star Trek VOY: General Discussion Thread

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I love Voyager!

I was a chakotay/janeway shipper. they seemed good together and had great chemistry! :D

Voyager is my favorite Star Trek series. One of the few disappointments I had was that Janeway and Chakotay didn't end up together.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Voyager was a unusual series. It started off really strong then had a really bad patch during part of S2. However in S3 it seemed to recover its balance (right about when the Kazon were written out) and going forward was definitely watchable.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
The Kazon sucked.
Even more so than Chakotay.

Hahahah those were the Oompa Loompas with the bad hair weren't they?

Every thing sucked in Veeger. Except 709.

STNG Hugh the Borg sucked too. :P

Boy those Kazon sure were scary.

Attachments

• Oompa-Loompa.jpg
    Oompa-Loompa.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 225
S

Stonelesscutter

Ooooo man.
The Kazon were sort of like ugly Klingons.
But the folk on that pic there are WAAAAAY more scary.

S

Stonelesscutter

Actually I find the one in the middle the scariest of all.
Especially the look in his eyes. Aaaaaaah.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Somehow we started discussing Voyager in the Enterprise thread so I decided to post this here to try to get the discussions back into their slots.

I agree that Voyager's finale was bizarre.

It plays havoc with the ST universe by giving the Federation super advanced technology (the ablative armor and transphasic weapons on Voyager will obviously be reverse engineered) decades earlier than should have happened (also the Doctor's mobile emitter and the Borg tech Seven of Nine incorporated into the ship). Really the only way to stop this would have been to have the crew get back but the ship be destroyed.

Also the way they returned has created a pretty unusual time paradox, one that effectively condemns Janeway to die in 26 years. Basically Starfleet must promote her to Admiral (because she went back in time as an Admiral) and she has to take the special shuttle with the advanced tech back in time on the date specified (all to make sure the "loop" resolves correctly). It is sort of like Time's Arrow from SNG except the loop plays out in the future instead of the past.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Somehow we started discussing Voyager in the Enterprise thread so I decided to post this here to try to get the discussions back into their slots.

It plays havoc with the ST universe by giving the Federation super advanced technology (the ablative armor and transphasic weapons on Voyager will obviously be reverse engineered) decades earlier than should have happened (also the Doctor's mobile emitter and the Borg tech Seven of Nine incorporated into the ship). Really the only way to stop this would have been to have the crew get back but the ship be destroyed.

Also the way they returned has created a pretty unusual time paradox, one that effectively condemns Janeway to die in 26 years. Basically Starfleet must promote her to Admiral (because she went back in time as an Admiral) and she has to take the special shuttle with the advanced tech back in time on the date specified (all to make sure the "loop" resolves correctly). It is sort of like Time's Arrow from SNG except the loop plays out in the future instead of the past.

I wouldn't even try to work it out................. temporal paradoxes & and all that.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

The "loop" would be finished then, it wouldn't repeat. It's a completely new timeline. Young Janeway would live out her life in a different way than the old Janeway who went back in time had. The old timeline is finished.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The "loop" would be finished then, it wouldn't repeat. It's a completely new timeline. Young Janeway would live out her life in a different way than the old Janeway who went back in time had. The old timeline is finished.

Except that Starfleet must promote her to Admiral and she must go back in time in the shuttle in 26 years. It also means she knows in advance she will live to that age. Perhaps loop is not proper terminology, more like a predestination paradox.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What, you weren't rooting for a Janeway - Neelix ship?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Tripp shouldn't have spoiled T'pal by putting his dirty hands on her, that's for sure.
Yuck! Hot women like that on tv shows should never be hooked up with others.
They're much more attractive as single women. As soon as they hook up it gets fucked up.
Similar with 7of9 and Chakotay. Puke!

Oh that 7 of 9/Chakotay thing was a total puke fest! It was so forced and so fake and so unbelievable that I just rolled my eyes and turned the channel. I don't know why the writers feel they have to write romances between crew members when it's really not necessary.

And Neelix should have been air-locked the first episode he was on. Horrible character. His attachment to Kes was beyond creepy.

S

Stonelesscutter

Except that Starfleet must promote her to Admiral and she must go back in time in the shuttle in 26 years. It also means she knows in advance she will live to that age. Perhaps loop is not proper terminology, more like a predestination paradox.

Wether you want to believe there is a loop or not is up to you. If you believe there is a loop then it will go down as you said. If you believe there is no loop then there will be a new timeline like shavedape explained. In this case I subscribe to the second thought.

Tropicana

Council Member
Emm.. there is no "loop".

The Admiral Janeway v.1 came from a different and alternate timeline where it took the crew, a total of 23 years for Voyager to get home. Now due to the alteration of the timeline of 2378, it meant Voyager has got home in 2378 instead. Therefore Admiral Janeway v.2 will not have to go back in time. (SGA had a similar episode - (1x15) "Before I Sleep"). The writers made a slight error, they wrote the bit where the Queen says, if Voyager was to be destroyed in the Transwarp Hub by the Borg Sphere, somehow it will erase Admiral Janeway v.1.

Not true because the timeline has been changed the instant Admiral Janeway v.1 appeared and redirected Voyager's path. In original timeline, Voyager didn't enter the Transwarp Hub, now new timeline, Voyager has entered the Transwarp Hub + gained system upgrades. Now if the Borg went back in time to the point before Admiral Janeway v.1 shows up i.e. before a temporal rift appears and the Borg goes and destroys Voyager, then the whole timeline would be changed again and in this new timeline, Admiral Janeway v.1 would not have existed, as Voyager would have been destroyed in 2378 instead.

Due to the introduction of the Regenerative Ablative Armour, Transphasic Torpedoes and Stealth Technology in 2378, it will further strengthen Federation's arsenal, however will be ineffective against the Borg.

S

Stonelesscutter

Oh that 7 of 9/Chakotay thing was a total puke fest! It was so forced and so fake and so unbelievable that I just rolled my eyes and turned the channel. I don't know why the writers feel they have to write romances between crew members when it's really not necessary.

And Neelix should have been air-locked the first episode he was on. Horrible character. His attachment to Kes was beyond creepy.

Yeah but the actor that plays Neelix looks creepy all by himself. Perhaps he's even less creepy in his Neelix make-up.