STAR TREK Sequel Update From FRIGHT NIGHT Star Anton Yelchin

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The actor who plays Pavel Chekov has revealed he's yet to see a script for the highly anticipated sequel to Paramount Pictures' 2009 blockbuster reboot of the Star Trek franchise.
Filming has tentatively been locked down to begin sometime this fall as the film is aiming for a summer 2012 release. The screenwriters have recently revealed that they plan to incorporate ideas that touch upon the fact that Kirk became captain too young and too fast. They also mentioned that many fans hated the engineering bay because it looked like a brewery, so design alterations may also come into play depending on what director JJ Abrams (Super 8) wants to do.
Anton Yelchin, who plays one of the Enterprise's main crew members, recently commented on his involvement -- or lack thereof -- on the highly anticipated follow up film:
"No, I haven't seen the script. I'm not sure. I think we're doing it at some point soon, I don't know when though."
I haven't [asked to see it] because they'll get to it when they get to it. I'd love to get together with those people again, I really love that whole cast. It would be a lot of fun to do it, but it's kind of one of those things."
I hope they keep the script(or least the ending) a scret like they have with Batman
http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/04/27/star-trek-2-update-from-fright-night-star-anton-yelchin

Fishman35

GateFans Noob
I LOVED the clunky, industrial, "brewery" guts of the ship. I thought it made the younger days of Kirk and the others when space travel was not so sleek, like in Next G, DSN 9, etc.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I LOVED the clunky, industrial, "brewery" guts of the ship. I thought it made the younger days of Kirk and the others when space travel was not so sleek, like in Next G, DSN 9, etc.

First of all, welcome! :)

Second of all, um, no, just no. The "brewery" engineering sector was cheap and dumb looking. It didn't look at all like it fit into a starship. Now I'm not saying it should have been some sleek and pristine warp engine room but the "micro-brew" look just didn't cut it. Plus there are other flaws in the design of Abram's Enterprise. There's the Cadillac "fins" of the nacelles not to mention the "Apple Genius Desk" bridge.

But these are minor flaws in an otherwise great movie. I'm looking forward to the next one.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

I agree, I liked that area of the ship better than the new revamped bridge.

And welcome to Gatefans!

:welcomewagon:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I would not mind polishing up engineering. And building into the story some elements centering on Kirk possibly making Captin too quickly is an excellent idea. This makes me look forward all the more to it - Star Trek 2009 was fantastic and got Trek back to its roots - and I am hopeful the next film keeps it up.

SciphonicStranger

I admit I am biased. I generally have more fun in a brew pub than I do in an Apple store. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I admit I a biased. I generally have more fun in a brew pub than I do in an Apple store. :P

That's because you've been banned for life from all Apple stores. They even mentioned you on the news when discussing Steve Jobs will. Personally I think your developing of the "iThing" was a stroke of genius, pardon the pun. ;)

G

Graybrew1

Hi Welcome to Gatefans!!!!!:thoranime12:

I think the brewery was cheesy looking but the over brightness of the bridge needs to be dealt with. I could live with engineering but not sure about the bridge. I agree other than that this was an extraordinary movie. I cannot wait to see where they take the storyline next.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
no more apple store bridge!!

Agreed. Even the "brewery" was too clean. What that movie needs is a little bit of Mos Eisley. Things can be a bit grittier in places. I'm sure the future won't be that pristine.

SciphonicStranger

That's because you've been banned for life from all Apple stores. They even mentioned you on the news when discussing Steve Jobs will. Personally I think your developing of the "iThing" was a stroke of genius, pardon the pun. ;)

I would have sued that Jobs bastard for years if I could have afforded the lawyers. ;)

RIP S.J.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I don't really have a problem with the bridge. Could they turn the lights down slightly - perhaps. But it does not look like an Apple Store. If it did there would have been pictures of models using the equipment on the walls with text underneath calling everything "magical".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I would have sued that Jobs bastard for years if I could have afforded the lawyers. ;)

RIP S.J.

Maybe if you hadn't spent all your money on Apple products you could have. ;) (rimshot!)

SciphonicStranger

Maybe if you hadn't spent all your money on Apple products you could have. ;) (rimshot!)

Let's wait and see what happens with the sequel - the Apple product placements could be endless. Tricorders could become iCorders. They could add iPosprays and iPulse engines.

iSers on stun iSay! :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Let's wait and see what happens with the sequel - the Apple product placements could be endless. Tricorders could become iCorders. They could add iPosprays and iPulse engines.

iSers on stun iSay! :P

iLaughed! :icon_lol: