Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I lost count of how many people were saying that they would never pay to watch this show, lol. The reviews are by and large scathing. It's funny to see the obvious CBS shills get shot down when they try to say how great the show is. :daniel_new_anime021:

Edited to add: "S." is being outed as a CBS shill in the comments, lol. It's so obvious! Too funny.
I see that people still can't avoid being racist in 2017 still. That comment section is cancer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
1st episode was better than the second one. The second one was well, felt like watching Trek 2009 again. The show is an incoherent mess though. They've already started
killing off all the major characters[/spoilers] which makes no sense.

There's two episodes? I canceled my subscription after watching the first episode. I don't care to watch the second episode just yet. I will torrent it, maybe. This show is not Star Trek, and even as scifi it sucks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I see that people still can't avoid being racist in 2017 still. That comment section is cancer.

There is racism in the show. It should not be there.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
1st episode was better than the second one. The second one was well, felt like watching Trek 2009 again. The show is an incoherent mess though. They've already started
killing off all the major characters[/spoilers] which makes no sense.

Well, it happened with Stargate atlantis remember what happened to robert patrick

heisenberg

Earl Grey
There's two episodes? I canceled my subscription after watching the first episode. I don't care to watch the second episode just yet. I will torrent it, maybe. This show is not Star Trek, and even as scifi it sucks.
Oops, yes there are two episodes. The second episode will remind of into the darkness.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oops, yes there are two episodes. The second episode will remind of into the darkness.
oh and I'll just leave this here.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Alliance_Dress_Blues.png

Incase you are wondering, this is from mass effect.

I noticed that it said my subscription would not end till the 26th, so I watched the second episode. Really?

1. They killed off Michelle Yeoh and basically left the Shenzhou dead (destroyed?). So, one of the draws of the show is already taken out of the mix?

2. They killed off T'Kuvma, who I thought was supposed to be an ongoing elment in the show, but is not?

3. The Klingons "collect their dead"? Since when? Why are there Klingon coffins anywhere? The Klingons have never put value on preserving dead bodies.

4. Phasers are now light bullets like in Star Wars? No more beams? And photon torpedoes have warheads like baseballs?

THIS SHOW SUCKS.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The facebook comments are so disappointing.

Link please?

EDIT: Found it. The spinning is so bad, I hope those shills aren't getting dizzy!

I imagine that CBS figures that if it can generate buzz on Facebook, people will flock to this show and sign up for All Access? Somehow I do not think this is going to work. It took a few episodes of SGU to realize how badly it sucked. This show saves you the trouble by showing you it sucks within the first 15 minutes. Everything that comes after just reinforces that.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Link please?

EDIT: Found it. The spinning is so bad, I hope those shills aren't getting dizzy!

I imagine that CBS figures that if it can generate buzz on Facebook, people will flock to this show and sign up for All Access? Somehow I do not think this is going to work. It took a few episodes of SGU to realize how badly it sucked. This show saves you the trouble by showing you it sucks within the first 15 minutes. Everything that comes after just reinforces that.
It's a different story on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

It's a mess after doing a second watch. They talk too fast like robots especially Michael, my god. The show is proving to be a costly mistake because traditional fans don't like it, new fans don't like but the only ones that do seems to be people that enjoyed the Kelvin Timeline.

What people say and do are two separate things. I assume you game, yeah? People said that they would boycott Call of Dutiy MW2 but so many people bought it that it made the guy billions.

True, but the overall vibe of dislike for this thing seems pretty strong. Some people are predicting that this thing is going to tank in a couple episodes but they don't understand that Netflix has poured a ton of money into it so that will keep it afloat for longer than it deserves. I would not be surprised if we got several seasons out of it, especially because it's the flagship for CBS All Access and they desperately need it to succeed, at least in terms of public perception.

BTW, one of the comments following a review I read referred to the Klingons as looking like they were going to do Shakespeare in the park ala Richard III. It was a good comparison because that's exactly how the Klingons looked and acted.

Another thing that really bugged me, without giving away too much, is the abrupt change in the First officer. They went from talking about giving her her own command (after 7 years of tutelage under her Captain) to having her muck things up at the flip of a switch. It just didn't jibe and came off as completely unbelievable.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yes it will suck...royally!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Ah well. There are things that are perhaps not usual for Star Trek. Still I want to see where this goes. I'm not writing it off. To me these two episodes where just setting a stage. The intro really sucks balls compared to other Trek shows including even Enterprise and TOS. That's disappointing. The intros of TNG, DS9 and Voyager really set the mood for me, this one clearly doesn't. I'm mildly annoyed by the various sounds they used which were taken from TOS. Like little beeps and whistles. They SO don't match the rest of the style of this show. Overall, I was still entertained. I guess I'm one of those people who can accept change. It's not like there's not still 5 other Star Trek shows to fall back on which will never change and can be watched over and over.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this is great, all of you have saved me time and a little bit of money! :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
True, but the overall vibe of dislike for this thing seems pretty strong. Some people are predicting that this thing is going to tank in a couple episodes but they don't understand that Netflix has poured a ton of money into it so that will keep it afloat for longer than it deserves. I would not be surprised if we got several seasons out of it, especially because it's the flagship for CBS All Access and they desperately need it to succeed, at least in terms of public perception.

Netflix paid for the entire 1st season, but they were talking lawsuit only 3 months later when they found out that this was not going to be traditional Trek. I don't think they are going to repeat their mistake if this thing tanks.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It can't tank because the season has already been paid for.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BTW, one of the comments following a review I read referred to the Klingons as looking like they were going to do Shakespeare in the park ala Richard III. It was a good comparison because that's exactly how the Klingons looked and acted.

Another thing that really bugged me, without giving away too much, is the abrupt change in the First officer. They went from talking about giving her her own command (after 7 years of tutelage under her Captain) to having her muck things up at the flip of a switch. It just didn't jibe and came off as completely unbelievable.

I read one which described the new Klingons as being "crossed with a barbecued iguana and a Harry Potter Gringwalds Elf". My poor monitor....

Last edited: