• Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's why I said it would be pretty hard to put it where.

Well, we know it has to be before Voyager comes home, so....

The rest of the timeline has been nicely filled in. You could use a different locale in the timeline of DS9 or Voyager. But the number of this ship already puts it in the timeline after Archer and before Kirk...about where Axanar is.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have a theory - I grew up with watching tng and voyager but am I right to presume you grew up with the original series and that is why you prefer this than another design, yeah?

Correct. I have been watching Star Trek since it's birth. In 1966. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So I am not going to like this one :D. I grew up with watching voyager and Star trek TNG.

Of course, I love them too. I also loved DS9 and Voyager, but not Enterprise. Now, I am lukewarm towards it but I still count it as full blown Star Trek. Nothing JJ Abrams has made so far qualifies as Star Trek (as envisioned by Gene Roddenberry). That is why Enterprise did not do it for me. It was outside of the Roddenberry vision, and dealt with issues he would probably not have explored. The formula is easy.

Ensemble cast consisting of a leader, a second in command, a science chief, an engineering chief, a communications officer, a medical chief and an alien. The navigators and security officer are secondary (and unnecessary) characters, but they are part of the formula.

Please don't add in the ship's slut, or the ship's secret traitor/spy, or the ship's drug dealer/pimp. Don't turn the lights off, or give us creepy dark corridors which would make no sense on a working professional ship. Don't give us tight black leather, revealing clothing, tats, piercings or music montages. And use the existing tech canon.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am not judging it fully, but come on this is suppose to be professionally made production. If I wanted to see the CGI done from a 90s game, I would be playing a game from the 90s, but that video production looks extremely low budget and isn't a very good sales pitch if you are trying to sell towards trekkies. That design is also crap.

I played that clip for a friend of mine who said it looked like a cheap video game cutscene. :shame: :anim_59: :icon_redface:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Told you - I just hope it's not an animated star trek. Oh god, you remember the animated version of stargate?

It's not animated. I do have major issues with that ship though. It is not a Starfleet design. It is using the wrong colors, and the impulse engines in the back with the rocket looking things on the edges floated around online for a few years before (for Star Trek Phase II) and were not well received:

Phase_II_Enterprise.jpg

I can forgive this design ONLY if they get the show right.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It's not animated. I do have major issues with that ship though. It is not a Starfleet design. It is using the wrong colors, and the impulse engines in the back with the rocket looking things on the edges floated around online for a few years before (for Star Trek Phase II) and were not well received:

View attachment 33154

Yup I saw that but this teaser doesn't gel with the other trailer they released a few months back. At least that one looked nice and why does it state that it's going to be a new adventure, new aliens.The name is nice though, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this series. Though abbreviating it sounds funny - STD :D

http://www.startrek.com/article/introducing-the-u-s-s-discovery

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

View attachment 33154

This design sucks. It looks like something drawn by a 7 year old while daydreaming in class.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This design sucks. It looks like something drawn by a 7 year old while daydreaming in class.
Very few people have given it a thumbs up which tells you that trek fans aren't impressed at all.

Update:
Fuller reiterated that the show (which we’ll be abbreviating DSC) would not be episodic in nature, but would be structured “like a novel,” telling stories “chapter by chapter” across episodes.
Check the comments lol hardly anyone is thrilled about the design. It's hideous even if it wasn't trek. It's shit and you can't polish this turd. I wished that they were way more creative though. Not a great start for something we were anticipating for 11 god damn years!
http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/new-star-trek-discovery-show-launches-january-2017/

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well, we know it has to be before Voyager comes home, so....

The rest of the timeline has been nicely filled in. You could use a different locale in the timeline of DS9 or Voyager. But the number of this ship already puts it in the timeline after Archer and before Kirk...about where Axanar is.
I wouldn't mind star trek titan which was a novel

heisenberg

Earl Grey

View attachment 33154

Actually it is this movie. Infact everything looks identical to that concept.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/sta...the-titans-the-star-trek-movie-that-never-was

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Very few people have given it a thumbs up which tells you that trek fans aren't impressed at all.

Update:

Check the comments lol hardly anyone is thrilled about the design. It's hideous even if it wasn't trek. It's shit and you can't polish this turd. I wished that they were way more creative though. Not a great start for something we were anticipating for 11 god damn years!
http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/new-star-trek-discovery-show-launches-january-2017/

I am turned off by that damned ship. It's a dealbreaker, just on that ship alone. It's so damned ugly!

Anybody notice how the top of the saucer section on this new ship looks like a roulette wheel?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What the hell is wrong with you? You hated SGU but loved DS9?!? :icon_lol:

Yep, loved DS9 and still love it. :) It was still 100% Star Trek. SGU was not Stargate on any level.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member