Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Woohoo !!! Finally disco in Star Trek ,,, oh wait . I had a nightmare about that. Let's put it in the script because it makes no sense . The fans are gonna love it !!!

:icon_rotflmao:

In this episode, we see Harry Mudd has rigged the computers so that all he has to do is wave his hands and the ship's transporter just energizes people and beams them around the ship at his whim. Like a Q. And those blue dark matter gumdrops were just hilariously dumb. Death Gummies anyone?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I want this to be the soundtrack of the next episode. They should just show everything being blown up. The Discovery, Vulcan, the Klingons, earth, even the Milky Way itself in this particular universe.

In this episode, we see Harry Mudd has rigged the computers so that all he has to do is wave his hands and the ship's transporter just energizes people and beams them around the ship at his whim. Like a Q. And those blue dark matter gumdrops were just hilariously dumb. Death Gummies anyone?

I expected them to drop the ball when it came to the Harry Mudd character, but a disco? A disco on Star Trek? A disco??? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I expected them to drop the ball when it came to the Harry Mudd character, but a disco? A disco on Star Trek? A disco??? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

A full on, flashing colored lights, Bee Gees playing disco, yep. They even gave us this cool view of the windows with the disco lights coming through the glass windows of the ship from the outside at a distance. All they needed to do was turn on that spinning saucer section and have some giant space DJ do some scratching.

Last edited:
A full on, flashing colored lights, Bee Gees playing disco, yep. They even gave us this cool view of the windows of the disco lights coming through the glass windows of the ship from the outside at a distance. All they needed to do was turn on that spinning saucer section and have some giant space DJ do some scratching.

I'm sure the producers are stupidly hoping people start referring to this show as "Disco", short for "Discovery", instead of "STD". Good luck with that! :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure the producers are stupidly hoping people start referring to this show as "Disco", short for "Discovery", instead of "STD". Good luck with that! :icon_lol:

You see that too? HAHAHA! I noticed that. :) They really hate that people call it STD. Check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTrekDi...settled_the_short_form_name_is_disco_not_std/

disco_my_ass.png

The OFFICIAL Star Trek Discovery shirts (:indecisiveness:) are available for pre-order. Better line up now before they are all gone!

https://shop.startrek.com/dept/discovery-disco-t-shirt?ecid=PCID-4671876&pa=affcj&utm_source=cjaffstartrekshop&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=4671876:Comicbook.com,+LLC:7966799:shop.startrek.com:12491899

Official_Disco.PNG

Really? I would rather wear a t-shirt with a cat's butthole on it. And they want almost $27.00 for it? :happy0007: Just in time for Christmas, folks!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Oh dear Gorn Gods, please send fleets of ships to destroy every planet and ship in this Foolish Federation of Fantasy. :facepalm:

I watched the episode all the way through. Oh. My. God. So, there is a disco on Discovery complete with flashing disco lights and the Bee Gees music playing (hip hop version). I am not kidding here folks. I am being literal. We get to hear the Bee Gees at least 6 times in that disco. The crew and the ship are caught in a time loop created by no less than Harry Mudd. But this Harry Mudd is able to take over the Discovery, it's main computer and even the spiffy new spore drive. He does this by hiding inside of a space whale that the ship cannot seem to detect him inside of it. Wait, there was a whole ship hidden inside the space whale...and they could not detect it. But they COULD detect that the whale had "abnormal readings". It was ridiculous how they introduced Mudd. Utterly ridiculous. The Borg could not have assimilated the ship any better than he did by himself.

Then there was the other stuff that happened during the episode. Random dancing in the ship's corridor, a side story of Burnam shipping with some Lieutenant on the crew, little gumdrops of dark matter that disintegrate people, technology using a "time crystal", 4-dimensional beings. Just LOL. And the entire story was chopped up and disconnected and went in 10 different directions. And the ending was probably the most ridiculous part of the episode. Mudd gets off without as much as a hand slap because of his wife Stella and her rich daddy? So, this Star Trek still has ""rich" people? It's awful. Truly awful. Who would want to live in that universe? Blow it all up.

View attachment 33621
Next week, it's jesus posses and more explosions because viewers love explosions. More explosions better trailers more viewers. riiight! :rolleyes: My god this show is an insult to our intelligence. How were these fools allowed to write star trek? They do not want to tell a great story.

Stargate again...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Next week, it's jesus posses and more explosions because viewers love explosions. More explosions better trailers more viewers. riiight! :rolleyes: My god this show is an insult to our intelligence. How were these fools allowed to write star trek? They do not want to tell a great story.

Stargate again...

I heard Lorca tell the bridge crew "We will have time to grieve". So one of the crew gets killed off? Too bad they won't airlock Burnham. :( They are holding on to this spore drive thing aren't they. :moody: Will somebody please point out any REAL science in this show? Anything at all? Even The Orville has plausible science.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
But wait ... Where did the 70's people all get the clap and I am not talking along with the music ! A Disco ...

STD at the disco .
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But wait ... Where did the 70's people all get the clap and I am not talking along with the music ! A Disco ...

STD at the disco .
;)

The ship's disco is called the Gonorrhea Lounge. :anim_59: :P

Monday morning at the office water cooler bleary-eyed employees meet and greet for another week of drudgery.

Tom: "Good morning Janet."

Janet: "Hi Tom."

Dick: (approaching with grin on his face) "Hi guys, did you catch Disco last night?"

Janet: "Catch what?"

Dick: "Disco."

Tom: "WTF is that?"

Dick: "Aw come on, everyone knows what Disco is!" (dances a little jig of excitement).

Janet: "Are you having a seizure? Should I call 911?"

Dick: "Disco! It's what everyone is calling Star Trek Discovery!

Tom: "No one is watching that show but you, Dick."

Janet: "And no one calls it Disco either. They call it lame and stupid and unwatchable crap."

Tom: "They also call it STD because that's what it is, a virulent pathogen of bad TV."

Dick: "Aw come on guys, don't be like that! Just give Disco a chance to grow on you!"

Tom: "You're a lame dick, Dick."

Janet: "Yeah, stop saying the word 'Disco', in fact, stop talking about that shitty show completely."

Dick: "But guys, Disco is the coolest show on TV--"

Tom: "Dick, I'm warning you."

Dick: "You guys are just haters cuz I'm wearing this cool Disco T-shirt and you aren't!"

--Tom throws a full cup of scalding coffee in Dick's face. Dick crumples to the floor in whining agony.

Dick: "Ahhh! Why did you do that? I'm reporting you to HR!"

Janet: "I'm the head of the HR department and I approve of Tom's actions, you moron."

--Janet proceeds to drive her foot into Dick's groin, repeatedly hammering away at his underdeveloped testicles.

Janet: "Dick, I'm writing you up for assault against good taste and intelligence in this office."

Tom: "And I'll gladly be a witness. You'll soon be unemployed."

--As Tom and Janet step away from their lame coworker, Tom steps on Dick's hand, crushing the bones and thereby destroying Dick's love life for the foreseeable future.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Monday morning at the office water cooler bleary-eyed employees meet and greet for another week of drudgery.

Tom: "Good morning Janet."

Janet: "Hi Tom."

Dick: (approaching with grin on his face) "Hi guys, did you catch Disco last night?"

Janet: "Catch what?"

Dick: "Disco."

Tom: "WTF is that?"

Dick: "Aw come on, everyone knows what Disco is!" (dances a little jig of excitement).

Janet: "Are you having a seizure? Should I call 911?"

Dick: "Disco! It's what everyone is calling Star Trek Discovery!

Tom: "No one is watching that show but you, Dick."

Janet: "And no one calls it Disco either. They call it lame and stupid and unwatchable crap."

Tom: "They also call it STD because that's what it is, a virulent pathogen of bad TV."

Dick: "Aw come on guys, don't be like that! Just give Disco a chance to grow on you!"

Tom: "You're a lame dick, Dick."

Janet: "Yeah, stop saying the word 'Disco', in fact, stop talking about that shitty show completely."

Dick: "But guys, Disco is the coolest show on TV--"

Tom: "Dick, I'm warning you."

Dick: "You guys are just haters cuz I'm wearing this cool Disco T-shirt and you aren't!"

--Tom throws a full cup of scalding coffee in Dick's face. Dick crumples to the floor in whining agony.

Dick: "Ahhh! Why did you do that? I'm reporting you to HR!"

Janet: "I'm the head of the HR department and I approve of Tom's actions, you moron."

--Janet proceeds to drive her foot into Dick's groin, repeatedly hammering away at his underdeveloped testicles.

Janet: "Dick, I'm writing you up for assault against good taste and intelligence in this office."

Tom: "And I'll gladly be a witness. You'll soon be unemployed."

--As Tom and Janet step away from their lame coworker, Tom steps on Dick's hand, crushing the bones and thereby destroying Dick's love life for the foreseeable future.

That whole comment had me rolling! But the bolded put me on the floor.

:smiley-laughing021::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::crying-028::smiley-laughing024::lol: