Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Great find!

Oh wow. I am so excited for it. I can't wait to see the new old Klingons and the fugly ship. I can hardly contain my excitement. :chargrined:

65913736.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just a reminder...the Prime universe lives. It's just that CBS is no longer interested in it. Axanar knows what we want.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Great find!

Oh wow. I am so excited for it. I can't wait to see the new old Klingons and the fugly ship. I can hardly contain my excitement. :chargrined:

View attachment 33386
I am still willing to giving a chance but that optimism is growing pretty thin as more news comes to surface. The writers are breaking the traditional star trek code. Needless to say that star trek will be given 2 seasons and then they'll pull the plug if it does not do well.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget Axanar is only happening as a couple of short (15 minute) segments. And remember that this mess started with Alec Peters using funds from the crowdfunding for salaries and to start a studio for making other productions both Trek and non Trek.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't forget Axanar is only happening as a couple of short (15 minute) segments. And remember that this mess started with Alec Peters using funds from the crowdfunding for salaries and to start a studio for making other productions both Trek and non Trek.

CBS/Paramount would have had a winner if they had simply seized Axanar's material or used their writers and CGI artists to do the new show. Axanar is EXACTLY the look that is needed for new Star Trek in the Prime universe. Discovery is just a huge letdown and it has not even been aired yet. Everything about it is more controversy than excitement. True Trek fans and convention goers will never accept it. Who can dress up like one of these new Klingons? Jimmy Doohan (mostly) invented the Klingon language, and this show just does not connect to the Prime timeline.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh I agree Doscovery looks and sounds like crud. Just noting (as did the Star Trek Continues people) that the current fan film restrictions can be traced straight line back to Alec Peters and his conduct.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh I agree Doscovery looks and sounds like crud. Just noting (as did the Star Trek Continues people) that the current fan film restrictions can be traced straight line back to Alec Peters and his conduct.

Oh, most definitely! No argument there. I think Alec is arrogant and conceited and clueless as to what is right and wrong in the fan film realm. But he had the right production vision. They had the look, the feel and the writing down pat. They should have hired him instead of Kurtzman.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is the Discovery transporter room. Really.

discovery_transporter.PNG

Why the hell is it like this? It is ILLOGICAL. Like, the plates are facing the operators? Why all the unnecessary ornamentation on the walls? Why the transparent panel? Its all wrong wrong wrong.

I am going to write a DOA piece soon. This thing will bomb worse than a tri-cobalt device.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

View attachment 33390

Why the hell is it like this? It is ILLOGICAL. Like, the plates are facing the operators? Why all the unnecessary ornamentation on the walls? Why the transparent panel? Its all wrong wrong wrong.

I am going to write a DOA piece soon. This thing will bomb worse than a tri-cobalt device.
This is like watching mass effect not star trek but I'll still watch it.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Star Trek: Discovery - Jonathan Frakes to direct an episode
Star Trek: Discovery is the next TV show from the Trek universe. It's set ten years before The Original Series. Bryan Fuller was the original showrunner, before Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg came on board and Fuller left for American Gods.

Today, we've got an exciting news nugget to add to this article: the mighty Jonathan Frakes is set to direct an episode of Discovery.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/star...iscovery-jonathan-frakes-to-direct-an-episode

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Getting so desperate now that they got frakes in this. We can see through your bullshit cuntsman.

Frakes is deeply involved in The Orville. I am sure he is just snickering behind Cuntsman's back saying "Yeah, I'll let you pay me to direct an episode, but it's still crap and will bomb". Cuntsman thinks that big names and the Star Trek title is all we need, and he can change everything else and "make it his own". Um, NO.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait a second here....

So "10 years before Kirk and Spock", means that the Enterprise 1701 is out there but it's captain is Captain Pike, and his First Officer is...Spock! Along with the Enterprise are all the other Constitution Class ships which were out there like the Farragut, the Exeter, the Potempkin, the Defiant and all of the ships of the TOS era. They were already more than 10 years old by the time Kirk got a command.

So, the showrunners have dropped the ball, and to begin with they brought a football to play in a baseball game.

In the pre-Kirk time, the planet Talos IV was already a quarantined planet. Also, this alien race which detects death, if the one in Discovery is an officer, then it means that the world he comes from is already a Federation planet, unless a flag officer recommended him to Starfleet. Why wouldn't a Betazoid be more useful? How about detecting lies and manipulation instead of death? Can't a good medical tricorder do that? Even long range sensors can do that.

That's what I get for thinking. :( This show is just a mystery of errors and mistakes. How did it get approved?

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was originally supposed to be set contemporaneous with Picard. And should have stayed there.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I drive by the place were there shooting the show once or twice a week . Huge buildings and tons of car and trucks in the lots ...
An acquaintance is also a carpenter on the set . That's all I can say ...
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I drive by the place were there shooting the show once or twice a week . Huge buildings and tons of car and trucks in the lots ...
An acquaintance is also a carpenter on the set . That's all I can say ...
;)

THIS show? Discovery? :jack_new03: :cameronanime06: :jack_new27:

Capture.PNG

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

View attachment 33390

I think those are sub woofers from a rave party .
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think those are sub woofers from a rave party .
;)

They are so ugly and obtrusive. Why are the plates facing the operators? :facepalm:. I can't wait to hear the soundboard they use for this show. The transporter effect is already like a cross between the swirly effect in the Abrams crap and the TNG effect. What will it sound like when energized? Also, that warp effect. HORRIBLE.