Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here it is...
so you were right OM1. This is a clone of JJ Abrams' vision of Star Trek mix with Mass effect dafuq?

ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS.

Visually, this is very pretty and sparkly and shiny. But it is in Trek drag, and it is most definitely NOT Star Trek. Prime universe? What Prime universe are they talking about? This is definitely contemporary with Into Darkness and Beyond and NuTrek crap. The music in this is terrible. Not because it is unpleasant, but because it is not Star Trek. If they had made this a separate show and called it anything but Star Trek, it might have passed for something cool, but Star Trek??? The Klingons SUCK. They are not Klingons. They look like people from G'Kar's planet in Babylon 5 (The Narn), but they growl and howl. This BITES NUTS.

disgust.PNG

klingons_discovery.jpg

gkar_Narn.png

"Shaka, when the walls fell." :moody:

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good catch OM! I didn't think of G'Kar but they do look like him. The stupid armor keeps making me think of Xindi Reptilians too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good catch OM! I didn't think of G'Kar but they do look like him. The stupid armor keeps making me think of Xindi Reptilians too.

Still think Bryan Fuller didn't get asked to leave? I can hear the daily groans from him upon seeing drawings and concepts, then shouting and negotiation, then more shouting and going home early. It's a mess. What about all that talk about it being in the Prime universe? This Sarek is not convincing. And the walking in the desert, a Starship Captain and a Commander (Lieutenant? Can't be arsed to remember), with no aweigh detail and no guard?

OMG, did you see the dumb "warp" effect? :facepalm: But the biggest disappointment is those "Klingons". I did not like the ship we saw coming through the clouds. Not because it was a bad ship, but because it was all about the effect of this thing going through the clouds to create a visual "wow" factor. This thing will have NO science or restraint. It is purely about the saga and it's characters. Star Wars Trek lite. Oh, and they want to charge people to see it. Really?

:icon_rotflmao::SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You need not tell me - I know full well they only brought Fuller in to try to lure the classic Trek fans, then let him go when they decided to go in this wierd direction.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
And their Klingons look like utter crap; like a fusion of Xindi reptilian and the Kromaggs from Sliders.
Still think Bryan Fuller didn't get asked to leave? I can hear the daily groans from him upon seeing drawings and concepts, then shouting and negotiation, then more shouting and going home early. It's a mess. What about all that talk about it being in the Prime universe? This Sarek is not convincing. And the walking in the desert, a Starship Captain and a Commander (Lieutenant? Can't be arsed to remember), with no aweigh detail and no guard?

OMG, did you see the dumb "warp" effect? :facepalm: But the biggest disappointment is those "Klingons". I did not like the ship we saw coming through the clouds. Not because it was a bad ship, but because it was all about the effect of this thing going through the clouds to create a visual "wow" factor. This thing will have NO science or restraint. It is purely about the saga and it's characters. Star Wars Trek lite. Oh, and they want to charge people to see it. Really?

:icon_rotflmao::SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:
I am actually quite sad actually. We can laugh all we want, but in the end what we have a stupid series. Perhaps star trek deserves to stay dead forever. Then again, it wouldn't work in today's audience. Not unless you are an old fart like us. Though the Klingons were from the original design btw.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Did you notice on the FB page where someone--probably again, giving a chance to the benefit of the doubt--that perhaps these are some klingon subject race, or a half klingon/ half Hur'q breed that the Klingons developed after the Hur'q were pushed out.

Again--all ideas PROBABLY NEVER CONSIDERED BY TPTB's, but just trying to give Trek TV a chance, even if it is only in my imagination

-------------------------------

and why oh why do we have to have some previously (or later also unseen) unseen Alien race? The death detector race? Uh? And where were they hiding when Archer and others, like vulcans, andoreans and the like never come across them earlier OR better yet, why didn't Kirk, et al or Picard ever meet one?

of course we know the answer--its just another TPTB ass pull.

so sad

But hey!!! We'll always have the space-sci fantasy of Star Wars!!! a franchise that pretty much any sci fi fan holds to a lower standard yet seems to be getting better performing results then from any new Trek

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

I wonder if the "klingons" are going to speak a new language as well? probably have new weapons too! no more Bat'leth as it was. the new one will probably have laser sites and a talking app on it.

I actually managed to watch some reaction vids to the trailer. Most ppl are saying that the opening scene is on Vulcan and that the CPT (well she is a CPT but not THE CPT --whatever) was picking up Lt Walkingdead there.

they say that this and the scene of Sarek talking to her about too much human in her, seems to suggest that she is somehow 'vulcan'--she has round ears, maybe she was just raised by them?

who da'fuq knows hey?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Did you notice on the FB page where someone--probably again, giving a chance to the benefit of the doubt--that perhaps these are some klingon subject race, or a half klingon/ half Hur'q breed that the Klingons developed after the Hur'q were pushed out.

Again--all ideas PROBABLY NEVER CONSIDERED BY TPTB's, but just trying to give Trek TV a chance, even if it is only in my imagination

-------------------------------

and why oh why do we have to have some previously (or later also unseen) unseen Alien race? The death detector race? Uh? And where were they hiding when Archer and others, like vulcans, andoreans and the like never come across them earlier OR better yet, why didn't Kirk, et al or Picard ever meet one?

of course we know the answer--its just another TPTB ass pull.

so sad

But hey!!! We'll always have the space-sci fantasy of Star Wars!!! a franchise that pretty much any sci fi fan holds to a lower standard yet seems to be getting better performing results then from any new Trek
http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/18/the...covery-trailer-while-fans-debate-the-details/

All I am seeing is comments of how gorgeous it looks when I can't make out wtf this series is even about. If it's set 10 years before kirk/spock and the enterprise, the technology looks more advanced than tos.

However, pissing off star trek fans is how they are getting so much publicity. It always works...because it plays with our emotions.
This feels like it's trying to compete with crappy lame wars aka star wars(sorry SW fans)

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I wonder if the "klingons" are going to speak a new language as well? probably have new weapons too! no more Bat'leth as it was. the new one will probably have laser sites and a talking app on it.

I actually managed to watch some reaction vids to the trailer. Most ppl are saying that the opening scene is on Vulcan and that the CPT (well she is a CPT but not THE CPT --whatever) was picking up Lt Walkingdead there.

they say that this and the scene of Sarek talking to her about too much human in her, seems to suggest that she is somehow 'vulcan'--she has round ears, maybe she was just raised by them?

who da'fuq knows hey?
To further add to that I get the feeling that the writers are lacking creativity because I think creativity is a dying art. Our emotions is what is responsible for being the creative being we are, however, it seems that as time progresses, we tend to become less 'emotional' and more bare and robotic.

If they had gone to the distance future it would get ridiculous, so they decided to go the past and try to tell the story again but then they would alienate new fans. My guess is that they decided to gamble and said, fuck it, let's fuck with the whole storyline and make our own butchered version.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This line just made me laugh my ass off

"My people were biologically determined for one purpose alone: to sense the coming of death; I sense it coming now."
You think? Dumbass writing

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This line just made me laugh my ass off

"My people were biologically determined for one purpose alone: to sense the coming of death; I sense it coming now."
You think? Dumbass writing

Makes you think that his people do not have a very high opinion of Starfleet or else why have their ppl serve in it right?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is relevant

This ep of SG1 and "Tighe me up, Tighe me down" from BSG are my two fav SCI FI 'comedy' episodes

I also saw this ep,of course in rewatch after it aired, as the SG folks taking a swipe at their network and its newly emerging, new direction

and sadly, yes, this ep could be seen as the primer for how so much of tv and movies are done now.
:moody:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Makes you think that his people do not have a very high opinion of Starfleet or else why have their ppl serve in it right?
Oh yeah and this is what happened to renegades. A few casts from voyager and tos

http://renegades.show/home/a-message-from-the-renegades-team-regarding-the-new-fan-film-guidelines/

n June 23rd CBS and Paramount issued fan film guidelines – http://www.startrek.com/fan-films

We, at Renegades, have nothing but the utmost respect for Star Trek and its IP holders, CBS and Paramount. Everything we have done has been because of Gene Roddenberry’s vision and creativity. Star Trek is their property and we will absolutely abide by their rules and guidelines.

That being said, we do have an obligation to our donors and fans, and we have every intention of fulfilling it to the best of our ability. So, we will continue to make “The Requiem” as promised, but without any Star Trek elements.

As you know, we’ve already begun filming “The Requiem” so we cannot halt, suspend, or postpone production. Renegades, from the get go, was designed to be transformative… not derivative. Thus, with very minor changes to our script, we have eliminated all of the Star Trek references. The good news is that Renegades is now a completely original and ongoing series.

preview

episode 1. Apparently you got to subscribe to watch it fully.
http://www.atomicnetwork.tv/features/renegades-requiem-1/

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
THAT, I would gladly pay for. :) And probably will.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To further add to that I get the feeling that the writers are lacking creativity because I think creativity is a dying art. Our emotions is what is responsible for being the creative being we are, however, it seems that as time progresses, we tend to become less 'emotional' and more bare and robotic.

If they had gone to the distance future it would get ridiculous, so they decided to go the past and try to tell the story again but then they would alienate new fans. My guess is that they decided to gamble and said, fuck it, let's fuck with the whole storyline and make our own butchered version.

Creativity is an innate gift amongst many of us. You cannot ignore it or kill it from the outside. Tamed, it is the source of play, of ideas and adventures, and it is a part of your psyche. If you are "a creative", you already know it. You are likely surrounded by your creative expressions because that is just how it works out. :) In the unstable mind, it is the core of schizophrenia.

Having said that, if you play around with the latest video software, you will find that you can EASILY create animated video, manipulate live action video and do the editing, lens flares, 3D models, tracking the objects and combining them with compositing. All very people friendly. Your phone can take HD video or even 4K, and these new software programs can take the video from your phone for you so you can make your own Star Trek. :) (however crude).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
THAT, I would gladly pay for. :) And probably will.
Watch it here and then see how you go. I think it's a lot better than star trek: renegades which was bad. Though a few bad actors here and there but that's okay. The uniform look botched but that's okay too given that they removed everything star trek related but it definitely trying very close to be star trek as in it gives hints such as admiral etc but due to copyright, they can't say certain terms.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Creativity is an innate gift amongst many of us. You cannot ignore it or kill it from the outside. Tamed, it is the source of play, of ideas and adventures, and it is a part of your psyche. If you are "a creative", you already know it. You are likely surrounded by your creative expressions because that is just how it works out. :) In the unstable mind, it is the core of schizophrenia.

Having said that, if you play around with the latest video software, you will find that you can EASILY create animated video, manipulate live action video and do the editing, lens flares, 3D models, tracking the objects and combining them with compositing. All very people friendly. Your phone can take HD video or even 4K, and these new software programs can take the video from your phone for you so you can make your own Star Trek. :) (however crude).
Creativity is something we all have and all need, however, you can't deny that as our society becomes lazier, we tend not to give a damn anymore. This is what the writers are displaying. They don't want to tell a great storyline.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Creativity is something we all have and all need, however, you can't deny that as our society becomes lazier, we tend not to give a damn anymore. This is what the writers are displaying. They don't want to tell a great storyline.

There are people who lack creativity. But I totally see what you are saying. In Hollywood, re-doing somebody else's creative creative ideas passes for "creativity". Sorta like tofu tacos being passed off as Mexican food.