• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

heisenberg

Earl Grey
How do you know there is a wig? :)

Just a hunch. Besides, the Klingons went through a change from the original star trek to now. The TOS Klingons used to look like normal humans, not like where a turd was glued onto their forehead. Now their head look like a scrotum. That also looks like a makeup set not an actual stage set.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just a hunch. Besides, the Klingons went through a change from the original star trek to now. The TOS Klingons used to look like normal humans, not like where a turd was glued onto their forehead. Now their head look like a scrotum. That also looks like a makeup set not an actual stage set.

Most definitely an offstage area in the picture. But wigs? They would not go to as much effort crafting the skull ridges and detail if they were going to hide that under wigs. And the difference in physical appearance is EXTREME in terms of being Klingon. They don't look remotely similar.

These "Klingons" DO, however, look like the ones seen in Star Trek Into Darkness, as do many of the other elements in this thing. My suspicion is that this show is really just a TV extension of the Kelvin universe no matter what they are telling us. There is NOTHING to make me think otherwise. Nobody involved in this thing comes from the Star Trek pedigree in any meaningful way. This includes Roddenberry's son who is not his daddy's son in terms of writing science fiction (or anything for that matter).

Do the showrunners hope we are gonna be dumb about this?

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Most definitely an offstage area in the picture. But wigs? They would not go to as much effort crafting the skull ridges and detail if they were going to hide that under wigs. And the difference in physical appearance is EXTREME in terms of being Klingon. They don't look remotely similar.

These "Klingons" DO, however, look like the ones seen in Star Trek Into Darkness
, as do many of the other elements in this thing. My suspicion is that this show is really just a TV extension of the Kelvin universe no matter what they are telling us. There is NOTHING to make me think otherwise. Nobody involved in this thing comes from the Star Trek pedigree in any meaningful way. This includes Roddenberry's son who is not his daddy's son in terms of writing science fiction (or anything for that matter).

A fair point there. Actually, this tells you how much I really gave a shit about JJ's star trek, that I had forgotten how their characters look like :P but you are absolutely on the ball on this one. I had to google to see what they looked like in into the darkness, and they look identical.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

These "Klingons" DO, however, look like the ones seen in Star Trek Into Darkness, as do many of the other elements in this thing. My suspicion is that this show is really just a TV extension of the Kelvin universe no matter what they are telling us. There is NOTHING to make me think otherwise. Nobody involved in this thing comes from the Star Trek pedigree in any meaningful way. This includes Roddenberry's son who is not his daddy's son in terms of writing science fiction (or anything for that matter).

I really hope that we don't see a JJ's style shitty Star Trek though. It would be heart breaking to see such a great series like trek be reduced to such pile of shit. It was fun to watch, but it lacked that charm of star trek or it was even star trek.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is a closeup of the STID Klingon

STID_KLINGON.jpg

We are going to get worse than JJ's crap. We are going to get this series from JJ's source which is Alex Kurtzman. Kurtzman is largely responsible for creating the "Kelvin timeline", the dumb look of everything in the reboot films including the change in the aliens, characters and ships. Long ahead of the release of this show, the fans have already spoken out LOUDLY against the design of the new ship, and now they are going to get more in the next few days and weeks against these Klingons.

The whole reason Bryan Fuller was brought in, and why they said this would be in the Prime universe is because they wanted the show to come out and be watched by fans of real Star Trek. They have lost that opportunity, because so many people hate what they have seen already.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

looks a lot like the xindi insectoids

------------------------------

just a way outside shot at giving them (the new tptb's) the beni of the doubt

i have read (memory alpha maybe?) where, in canon but never shown, there are other species in the klingon empire. is it a stretch to believe that these subjugated races were conscripted into service-especially in the time of a intergalactic war?

and the size of the actors doesn't match Klingon body size in either the prime or kelvin universe

kind of like the Reman thing

but, i know, i too do not really think that anyone involved gives it that much thought-just- "it looks cool" principle applied

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Here is a closeup of the STID Klingon

View attachment 33296

We are going to get worse than JJ's crap. We are going to get this series from JJ's source which is Alex Kurtzman. Kurtzman is largely responsible for creating the "Kelvin timeline", the dumb look of everything in the reboot films including the change in the aliens, characters and ships. Long ahead of the release of this show, the fans have already spoken out LOUDLY against the design of the new ship, and now they are going to get more in the next few days and weeks against these Klingons.

The whole reason Bryan Fuller was brought in, and why they said this would be in the Prime universe is because they wanted the show to come out and be watched by fans of real Star Trek. They have lost that opportunity, because so many people hate what they have seen already.
They have a new logo too which I think looks worse and looks disproportionate

new-star-trek-discovery-logo-compare.jpg

However, I am still optimistic about the series.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I find myself in the fortunate position of not really knowing anything about this show yet and will probably try to keep it that way. I want to go into the show non-biased. Even if it turns out it sucks or isn't all I would have hoped it to be, I'll still most likely watch every last bit of it. [Christian Bale voice]Because it's Star Trek![/Christian Bale voice]

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I find myself in the fortunate position of not really knowing anything about this show yet and will probably try to keep it that way. I want to go into the show non-biased. Even if it turns out it sucks or isn't all I would have hoped it to be, I'll still most likely watch every last bit of it. [Christian Bale voice]Because it's Star Trek![/Christian Bale voice]

well, at least for you and your 'geography' you won't have to get a script to CBS ALLACCESS! If, you already have netflix that is :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
well, at least for you and your 'geography' you won't have to get a script to CBS ALLACCESS! If, you already have netflix that is :)

Yes, we do have Netflix. Why, is something special going on geography-wise? Something like it will be on Netflix for everyone but in USA and in USA you'll require CBS to see it?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, we do have Netflix. Why, is something special going on geography-wise? Something like it will be on Netflix for everyone but in USA and in USA you'll require CBS to see it?

yeah

me and all others who pay for NF , IMO, are getting a bit hosed on this

NF is reportedly paying the largest share of production costs for this show

it is an american production

it is an american creation--ST in total and idea by an American (Roddenberry)

but everyone else on the planet with a NF sub will get to see it without paying more; we have to not only allow our NF fees-a minuscule amount spread across the millions of subscribers, agreed- to pay for its creation, but then we have to pay again to CBS to see it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yeah

but everyone else on the planet with a NF sub will get to see it without paying more; we have to not only allow our NF fees-a minuscule amount spread across the millions of subscribers, agreed- to pay for its creation, but then we have to pay again to CBS to see it
AS IF you need Netflix.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
yeah

Well that's just not really fair now is it!

I can't complain myself of course. And even if I wouldn't get it on Netflix I would find an alternative means.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well that's just not really fair now is it!

I can't complain myself of course. And even if I wouldn't get it on Netflix I would find an alternative means.

Okay, right? :smiley-laughing021: :daniel_new_anime021::netflix::haha:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Okay, right? :smiley-laughing021: :daniel_new_anime021::netflix::haha:
Delayed still summer(July?) because they want to create the best star trek.
The latest time-traveling escapades in the Star Trek universe have nothing to do with storylines. The new series "Star Trek: Discovery" was originally expected to debut on the CBS All Access streaming service in January. It then got pushed back to May. Then it was delayed again to an indefinite point in the future.
Now it could be at least late summer before the show arrives.

At the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference on Monday, CBS CEO Les Moonves told investors the latest Star Trek entry could come sometime later in the year.

"Late summer, early fall we're looking at probably right now...We're not going to rush it in," Moonves said. "There's a lot of post production. But I'm very confident from what I've seen so far." (Disclosure: CBS is CNET's parent company.)

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-discovery-debut-date-delay-les-moonves/

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
as long as he leaves the wig with Paris Hilton (funniest Jason isaacs comment ever- that he has the wig on timeshare with paris hilton! :P ) I really enjoy Jason's acting in general but sorry not paying extra to see NuTrek! (you know that's what it will be! :P )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
as long as he leaves the wig with Paris Hilton (funniest Jason isaacs comment ever- that he has the wig on timeshare with paris hilton! :P ) I really enjoy Jason's acting in general but sorry not paying extra to see NuTrek! (you know that's what it will be! :P )

Oh, I will definitely be watching it on Kodi. I will not pay a red cent for it.

News like this, and the leaks of the Blingons and the super ugly flying roulette-wheel-on-a-paper-plane ship are a COMPLETE turnoff. How the hell do you get "new aliens, new locales, new ships" in a timeline that already has been established? Enterprise already went there didn't it? At least you could see that the NX-01 Enterprise was a logical retro design based on the Star Trek ship family. The Klingons were the actual pre-genetically altered Klingons we saw in TNG and Voyager and DS9.

This is already not Star Trek. It is NOT in the Prime Universe, unless Kurtzman now thinks his dumb JJverse is the new prime universe. UGH. Hate the thing already.

Last edited: