Sons Of Anarchy

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OM1, just watch it already, trust in me Bluce, Stranger, Graybrew etc it is THAT GOOD!

Erm.....maybe I will. But its just that the whole biker thing seems so...

bikers2.jpg

But I will give it a try. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
It's not for everyone - especially those with distaste for profanity and violence. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's not for everyone - especially those with distaste for profanity and violence. :)

I have a distaste for violence in the shows. That is why I will never watch Savages and why I hated Dexter and Breaking Bad.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Perhaps Dexter could be remained as a musical comedy...that would put it into really novel territory.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Perhaps Dexter could be remained as a musical comedy...that would put it into really novel territory.

I have a problem with a serial killer being the hero.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have a problem with a serial killer being the hero.

You hate Dexter? It's not a story about random serial killings. It's about a man's struggle with his inner demons as he tries to cope with his urge to kill by following a code his father laid out for him. He carefully selects his victims, who are always violent criminals or other serial killers. He's made a couple mistakes through the series but the show is an amazing psychological thriller. In the first season, he kills his brother, a more damaged serial killer (due to having seen their mother hacked to death before their eyes by drug dealers), in order to save his sister.

His father was a respected cop who rescued Dexter from that horrible, bloody scene of his mother's death and recognized Dexter's tendencies early on. The series itself is derived from a series of Novels but the series diverged from the books early on. This final season, his sister discovers his secret by accident, which we saw in the last season cliff hanger as she walked in on him as he does away with the season's biggest serial killer.

Bluce Ree

Erm.....maybe I will. But its just that the whole biker thing seems so...

View attachment 7389

But I will give it a try. :)

It's really not about bikers who trash bars in mob movies or ride around town with excessively loud, unmufflered choppers intimidating the townspeople. It's really, really THAT good.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
You hate Dexter? It's not a story about random serial killings. It's about a man's struggle with his inner demons as he tries to cope with his urge to kill by following a code his father laid out for him. He carefully selects his victims, who are always violent criminals or other serial killers. He's made a couple mistakes through the series but the show is an amazing psychological thriller. In the first season, he kills his brother, a more damaged serial killer (due to having seen their mother hacked to death before their eyes by drug dealers), in order to save his sister.

His father was a respected cop who rescued Dexter from that horrible, bloody scene of his mother's death and recognized Dexter's tendencies early on. The series itself is derived from a series of Novels but the series diverged from the books early on. This final season, his sister discovers his secret by accident, which we saw in the last season cliff hanger as she walked in on him as he does away with the season's biggest serial killer.

It's really not about bikers who trash bars in mob movies or ride around town with excessively loud, unmufflered choppers intimidating the townspeople. It's really, really THAT good.
its obvius OM1 judges a book by its covers based on these staements.. and a DAMN shame really as he is really missing possibly the greatest and best performed Drama/Action series' on tv atm. and all because he has some weird ideas on what the shows are actually about..

OMNI

but meh i guess some only want fluff ie heroes and bad guys/cowboys and indians with the cowboys allways winning in every story they are told ie fake not real and NOT how REAL people act in REALITY..

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I watched all of season 1, and decided I did not like it after that because it was just too twisted of a premise for me. I hate all movies with Hannibal Lecter in them for the same reason. The writing for Dexter was great, but for me there is no way to write for a serial killer who is the hero of the show. Not into the premise even a little bit. But I did watch it!

I have to like the basic premise of the shows I watch. I would not watch a show glorifying colonization, or about slavery, or about torture for the same reason. :)

Having said all that, I will watch this show! I am not judging it by its cover, and I don't see bikers as being a criminal or negative bunch. They just seem like such a closed society I don't know much about them. I just know their bikes MUST be Harleys! :D. I hear nothing but good stuff about this show here and among my friends who watch it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
but meh i guess some only want fluff ie heroes and bad guys/cowboys and indians with the cowboys allways winning in every story they are told ie fake not real and NOT how REAL people act in REALITY..

I love reality! I live and work in it all day. :) But it does not translate well to television. For me, calling anything made into a show "reality TV" is an oxymoron. I am not all about fluff and puff, and I will watch this show, I promise! I just have not done it yet. Gotta put it in my watch list...

Bluce Ree

I love reality! I live and work in it all day. :) But it does not translate well to television. For me, calling anything made into a show "reality TV" is an oxymoron. I am not all about fluff and puff, and I will watch this show, I promise! I just have not done it yet. Gotta put it in my watch list...

Just hit PLAY, bro. After the first 3-4 episodes, you won't be able to put that crack pipe down. After Season 3 you'll be reaching for any show with even the slightest bit of comparable writing just to get a quality fix. I can't watch anything anymore without comparing the quality to Sons. It's that damned good!

Bluce Ree

I watched all of season 1, and decided I did not like it after that because it was just too twisted of a premise for me. I hate all movies with Hannibal Lecter in them for the same reason. The writing for Dexter was great, but for me there is no way to write for a serial killer who is the hero of the show. Not into the premise even a little bit. But I did watch it!

I have to like the basic premise of the shows I watch. I would not watch a show glorifying colonization, or about slavery, or about torture for the same reason. :)

Having said all that, I will watch this show! I am not judging it by its cover, and I don't see bikers as being a criminal or negative bunch. They just seem like such a closed society I don't know much about them. I just know their bikes MUST be Harleys! :D. I hear nothing but good stuff about this show here and among my friends who watch it.

I can respect that. I wasn't that into it until the second season, when it started to get really good. Dexter as the anti-hero grows on you. The 3rd season had Jimmy Smits as the assistant district attorney, who Dexter discovers has a buried tendency towards serial killing as well and he makes the mistake of befriending the guy, teaching him how to kill, which goes against his father's "code". The ADA unleashes his inner yearnings and becomes somewhat of a homicidal maniac with no "code of ethics" (I use the term loosely within the context of Dexter's code).

If the premise is something that repulses you, there's no way you'll like the show and I understand that really well. Anything "reality", to me, is despicable, all of it, including Big Brother, Survivor, whatever, etc. If I were surrounded by those shows all day I would go postal in a reality show of my own called, "Bluce Ree Shoots Everyone on Every Set" and each episode would feature a different reality show where I am machine gunning or grenade-launching everything to do with that show.

But, if it's just because you find the premise morally reprehensible and not necessarily because you hate it, it's worth giving it a longer go.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The bikers in this show are so positive that it warms my inner rainbow...

biker.jpg

OMNI

Also gemma scrwing Jimmy Smiths? hmm and Jax realizing how hard being the Prez can be? intresting... just dont chrash his ass off that bridge at the end of s5... please..