Since SGU is Soap Opera but still not worthy for CBS -

Tropicana

Council Member
What I plan to do is rewrite SGU to be more in line with the theme of "soap opera" for daytime television, i.e. complete drama with love, sex, adultery, murder, twin brothers with one evil featuring a goatee, alongside what SGU had x10. So this will be an ongoing project that I may actually consider doing every Sunday afternoon (to get my creative juices going for work tomorrow).

I appreciate good drama, ironically I can't stand daytime ones but I've seen enough clips around to know what they entail; SGU wasn't terribly good sci-fi (i.e. that element was non-existent) and wasn't good drama either, it's not the actors fault IMO, they can only do what they have been given. Anyway, nothing says sad weeping drama than a piano piece, 10 points to whoever knows what that piece is called used here. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
Was it the original theme music from the Incredible Hulk starring Bill Bixby?
Congratulations! 10 points, plus here's your own box of -

Jaffa1_468x206.jpg

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Blocked for me alas.

I think if you wrote a summary version of each of your episodes it'd be managable and quite entertaining :P Prose tends to get longer and longer.....

hahahaha i look forward to it :D

Tropicana

Council Member
(If anyone wants to see what opening sequence I had in mind, ask me).

I've thought it long and hard and the first element of SGU that has to go is, the communication stones and the lucian alliance element. It's has to suit daytime soap, SGU was slightly out there a bit too much and the drama wasn't scandalous enough. I plan like "TJ" to be pregnant still but who will be the father? Would it Young or would it be Scott or, Greer? Scott is going to be bisexual and he will have an evil twin brother.

I feel that if I am able to negotiate investments in the RW then, I should be able to do creative writing.

A small excerpt --

“What are we going to do? We’re stranded here; I want to go home, dammit!” yelled an Asian woman at an equally lost and confused male officer.
“Ms. Wray, if you hadn’t noticed, I don’t know where we are either!”
“Why must you be so condescending to me... to us now?! Don’t you see; I’m a woman that needs security, needs comfort, need to be loved and I’m not going to get that here not from any of you, ‘men’!”
“It’s hard on all of us, woman, it’s hard for everyone here. I don’t know if my boyfriend has arrived yet, everyone is hurt; you’re not the only one that wants to go home.”

Wray slaps the officer, his head turns to the right as per the direction and force of such malevolent slap, there, he stays motionless as his cheek slowly reddens with the distinct hand mark.

“Ms. Wray,” he calmly spoke, “Slap me one more time and I will have you cuffed, get out of my sight.”

Wray letting go, sighed and walks away. As before she stepped through the circular device, she heard rumours that the Stargate did not connect to Earth but to some place that has never been seen, never been touched, let alone been step on and now she is stranded here at this god forsaken place.

She thinks of her lover, her partner, the love of her life, alone, all ever alone. She collapses on her knees, onto the hard, cold, uncaring floor, as she clasps both hands over her face and cries. The tears, oh the sweet tears of pain... nowhere to hide, nowhere to go, she hopes no one can see her cry amongst the frequent cascading shadows that played tricks amongst the haunting black walls, for where they are now; it’s so unforgiving, so cold and ever so dark.

That is until an officer finds a light switch on the wall. The light illuminated the large room, Wray looked up and around her and the once dark soulless walls and floor still didn’t comfort her either way. She lies on the floor to find some inner peace, inner sanctum amongst the chaos for she knows, she will rise above this, she closes her eyes, she nods her head as if someone is telling her what to do; she says to herself, I will get home one way or another dammit.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Well here's the clip uploaded using mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?ma6jwwfjw9e0rxy

I've thought it long and hard and the first element of SGU that has to go is, the communication stones and the lucian alliance element. It's has to suit daytime soap, SGU was slightly out there a bit too much and the drama wasn't scandalous enough. I plan like "TJ" to be pregnant still but who will be the father? Would it Young or would it be Scott or, Greer? Scott is going to be bisexual and he will have an evil twin brother.

I feel that if I am able to negotiate investments in the RW then, I should be able to do creative writing.

A small excerpt --

“What are we going to do? We’re stranded here; I want to go home, dammit!” yelled an Asian woman at an equally lost and confused male officer.
“Why must you be so condescending to me... to us now?! Don’t you see; I’m a woman that needs security, needs comfort, need to be loved and I’m not going to get that here not from any of you, ‘men’!”
“It’s hard on all of us, woman, it’s hard for everyone here. I don’t know if my boyfriend has arrived yet, everyone is hurt; you’re not the only one that wants to go home.”

Wray slaps the officer, his head turns to the right as per the direction and force of such malevolent slap, there, he stays motionless as his cheek slowly reddens with the distinct hand mark.

“Ms. Wray,” he calmly spoke, “Slap me one more time and I will have you cuffed, get out of my sight.”

Wray letting go, sighed and walks away. As before she stepped through the circular device, she heard rumours that the Stargate did not connect to Earth but to some place that has never been seen, never been touched, let alone been step on and now she is stranded here at this god forsaken place.

She thinks of her lover, her partner, the love of her life, alone, all ever alone. She collapses on her knees, onto the hard, cold, uncaring floor, as she clasps both hands over her face and cries. The tears, oh the sweet tears of pain... nowhere to hide, nowhere to go, she hopes no one can see her cry amongst the frequent cascading shadows that played tricks amongst the haunting black walls, for where they are now; it’s so unforgiving, so cold and ever so dark.

That is until an officer finds a light switch on the wall. The light illuminated the large room, Wray looked up and around her and the once dark soulless walls and floor still didn’t comfort her either way. She lies on the floor to find some inner peace, inner sanctum amongst the chaos for she knows, she will rise above this, she closes her eyes, she nods her head as if someone is telling her what to do; she says to herself, I will get home one way or another dammit.
*Shudders*

In fact i shudder so hard my head VIBRATES INTO OBLIVION!

Tropicana

Council Member
That's soap opera for ya.

Lurkers: I sense some may be thinking I'm gonna sell this lame ass soap opera story to CBS (power of suggestion) or something silly, uh, I'm not a writer, I don't want to be a writer, I'm creative in many mediums though but I don't have the passion for writing, so Mollazzi take a chill pill and chillax.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

A small excerpt --

I only have one problem Trop.

What ******* light switch! :rotflmao:

(nice irony however)

Tropicana

Council Member
In my head, this story takes place in another alternate universe, one where the Ancients were happy enough to plug in light bulbs.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hahahaha! Im hearing the music in the background somehow on that!

A small excerpt --

Hahahahaha! This show actually could have been an innovative soap opera if it wasnt called Stargate Universe and had been aired and conceived of and marketed as a new type of soap (which it is). Caprica was thought of as a primetime soap according to RDM himself. But SGU is actually written more like a soap than Caprica was, and has an ensemble cast of soap characters who started out from day one in partial love triangles. It could have been the new Days of Our Lives!

I like the scenes you are making! You could actually use screencaps of SGU to flesh out the story. :)

Dave_H

GateFans Noob
Well, they could bring back the love quadrangles from the beginning of the show. Add a few more sex scenes that aren't properly set up by any character development, rename the program "As the stargate turns" and sell it as a daytime show. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh the twists and turns!

You need to have Chloe turn out to be the long lost daughter of someone else in the cast, like Wray or Young. There has to be some endless drama and angst about why they kept the secret for so long, blah blah blah. Watch Telemundo for awhile and you'll have soap writing formulas down pat.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Have Chloe turn out to be Scott's long lost sister...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG...that is just wrong!

Have Chloe turn out to be Scott's long lost sister...

:icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_confused: :puke:

I wouldnt be a bit surprised....Scott was raised by the priest, so it could have been done!

Tropicana

Council Member
Chloe as long lost sister of Scott - scanda-licious! :P

It can go something like this.

Chloe walks down the moderately lit corridor with her boyfriend Lt. Scott hand-in-hand, when Lt. James steps out from the shadow of a doorway and stares both of them in disgust.

"Er excuse us, you're sorta in our way, Vanes-sa." Chloe snobbishly spoke out, "And so are your bountiful ripen breasts."

Lt. James looks at her with such disdain and disgust, she folds her arms and and slouches and looks Chloe dead on.

"I see you two make such a perfect couple, will there be a wedding soon?" Lt. James responded sarcastically, "I wouldn't want to do anything or say anything to hurt your ever precious 'feelings'."

Chloe and Lt. Scott walks around her in a vain attempt to ignore Lt. James, keeping ever quiet when she spoke out once more,

"Like, Matthew is really your... long lost brother."

An evil smile slowly crept along Lt. James' face; Lt Scott and Chloe stopped dead in their tracks, tears began to form around Chloe's bright eyes, her fists clenching sporadically. Lt. Scott meanwhile just stood there in shock unable to move, for all he could think of was the hot passionate sex the pair had and now, Chloe could really be... his sister. The thought was enough to make him puke, yet if they love one another enough, maybe it doesn't matter, maybe love can transcend it all. He can feel the cross he is wearing underneath, burn his skin. It's another sin, another step closer to going to Hell... he already had sex with Chloe before the two are even consummated, how he wishes there was a confession booth he can go to, to relieve him of all his sins and feel his Father's comforting Christian words soothe his dirty, ever dirty soul.

"What?" Chloe spoke slowly, "Are you really that jealous of me and Matthew, that you have to resort to lies? You're such a bitch, such hateful... ungrateful... bitch."

Chloe turns round and runs down at Lt. James, charging at her like a bull, screaming her head off like a banshee while Lt. James stood there ready for the onslaught. The two pairs of hands in vice, Chloe pushing onwards to get Lt. James down but she was too strong for Chloe, they were in a deadlock.

"You think I would make up something like that you whore," Lt. James laughs out, "I know Matthew is your brother because while I was having sex with your dad back at the base, he told me so."
"You.. my dad; ugh! I'm so gonna kick your ass!"
"Is that all you got, cheerleader-ho? Oh you silly silly valley girl."

Tropicana

Council Member
I could picture it now, as each chevron lights up (or that ball thing glows), a shot of the character would materialise in this rosy haze then fade away. Would definitely be in line of the title - "As The Stargate Turns", thanks Dave_H, lol.