SIGHTINGS! : Actors spotted in movies before they became known.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I started a similar one for Agam Darshi in 2012

agamdarshi.png

But here is an unlikely one for Mike Dopud, in the Wayans Bros White Chicks movie in 2004. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381707/ evidently uncredited :)

Capture.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
A different type of sighting, this one in the background.

I was watching the popular Universe series on Netflix (a must watch if you are a science fan), and I was on Season 1, Episode 13 (Search for ET) and I noticed a cool little shelf in the scientist's office (see arrow). A Stargate SG-1 fan!

universeS1E13_search for ET.png

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Cute...a real gatehead there! :D:D

S

Stonelesscutter

I just saw senator Kinsey disguised as a starfleet captain on the TNG episode "Chain of Command". (season 6)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I just saw senator Kinsey disguised as a starfleet captain on the TNG episode "Chain of Command". (season 6)

That would be Vice President Kinsey - you always get to keep your highest title. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Torri Higginson in TekWar:

thtek.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Thats right! Awful show, Torrie was underutilized. :(

Interesting. I rather liked TekWar. Scripts were decent and most of the acting was solid. And it foresaw things we actually have today (video-cellphones, online shopping, smart cards and more).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Interesting. I rather liked TekWar. Scripts were decent and most of the acting was solid. And it foresaw things we actually have today (video-cellphones, online shopping, smart cards and more).

Yeah, it was kinda cool in that way, but it was too obvious what they were trying to do with it (Shatner bringing a little too much Trek into it?). It was trying too hard to fill what was perceived as a missing show in that niche, and to me TekWar was not it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yeah, it was kinda cool in that way, but it was too obvious what they were trying to do with it (Shatner bringing a little too much Trek into it?). It was trying too hard to fill what was perceived as a missing show in that niche, and to me TekWar was not it.

Interesting observation. The concept behind TekWar (the books and the TV stuff) was a sort of science fiction police procedural. Shatner did the books while he was doing T J Hooker. The series does feel a bit like a cop show in a scifi setting, which worked okay for me. Plus it had a decently well fleshed out world (example: they had sentient androids and actually explored the social issues that the androids created).