Shaky Cam !!!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I loved these three quotes:

The movie is the work of professionals who decided to make their film look bad on purpose.
:icon_lol:

-- not just to jack up their adrenaline level, but perhaps to cover weak storytelling, acting, writing or special effects with visual clutter and waste motion. It's the style that directors embrace when they have no style --
Hmmm... sounds familiar... :jm:

You cannot say the same for "Battle: Los Angeles," which looks as if the cinematographer strapped cameras to the heads of a dozen baboons and fired a pistol in the air when the director called "action."
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I loved these three quotes:

:icon_lol:

Hmmm... sounds familiar... :jm:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

There is an interview on Q/cbc.ca that should be up on there site tomorrow regarding camera shake . I will post that when I have it . They do not mention SGpoo but it should be right up there with Battle; Los Angeles for the ( Super Shake Me ) Award !!! . I prefer "SuperMarionation"

Tropicana

Council Member
You cannot say the same for "Battle: Los Angeles," which looks as if the cinematographer strapped cameras to the heads of a dozen baboons and fired a pistol in the air when the director called "action."
Love this! :D

For all those quotes can be applied to SGU.

Especially this -
-- not just to jack up their adrenaline level, but perhaps to cover weak storytelling, acting, writing or special effects with visual clutter and waste motion. It's the style that directors embrace when they have no style --

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have middle ear issues, so shaky cam stuff doesn't play well with my stomach.

I'd really rather not have to watch it, if I can at all avoid it. The same is true of that whole "go around the table several times so we can see their faces" thing I've been seeing recently on several shows.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
There is an interview on Q/cbc.ca that should be up on there site tomorrow regarding camera shake . I will post that when I have it . They do not mention SGpoo but it should be right up there with Battle; Los Angeles for the ( Super Shake Me ) Award !!! . I prefer "SuperMarionation"

Here is the link to the interview . March 30,2011 . You will have to fast forward a bit to get to the interview regarding Shaky Cam in Holly Weird

http://www.cbc.ca/q/episodes/