SGU Obsessed YouTubers

Pebble

GateFans Noob
Damn I've been getting so many freaken messages from crazy SGU fans trying to convince me of "giving it another chance" and other shit.
quizzisation said:
Sorry
I received your friend request and I can't accept it.
We all love Atlantis. We all miss the series. But we should not let our love for Atlantis prevent us from watching a series with potential.

I know what you are going to say, that SGU is utter trash, that it's only a bunch of retards on a ship f#$%ing with each other. That is a quite accurate description for the first half of season 1. But from episode 11 onwards I started to realize the potential of the story, especially the invasion of the Blue aliens and the Lucian Alliance. Normally, you know that reinforcements from Earth/Atlantis can always come in time, the team can always work together and solve the problem, or Daedalus is going to drop out of hyperspace and save the day. But on Destiny all that is left is themselves. And before they can solve the problem at hand, they have to learn to live and cooperate with each other. That's more like real life, and real life is not an utter trash. It's different, but not bad.

Besides they say that Destiny is actually going somewhere in particular and they are going explore that in the next season. aren't you at least a bit curious about that?

At least you have to admit you want to watch season 2 after watching the last 3 episodes of season 1, even just a little bit.

Spend 2:16 to watch the season 2 trailer, please. I am not asking you to like it, I am asking you to know it. It's irrational to hate something that you know nothing about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXJdDb1vxE&feature=player_embedded

I am not telling you to forget Atlantis or SG1, but please don't just say SGU is utter trash. Atlantis is much better in comparison, but SGU isn't bad if you can open your mind to accept a different series.

GatewayProductions said:
I do believe that this "SGU sucks" stuff is all going a bit too far... Far too late for Atlantis now. There ain't gonna be a "letter-writing-campaign-causi ng-another-season-like-with-or iginal-Trek" thing happening.

xFox1028 said:
Sup Pebble, Mckay and are coming to SGU :D. Mckay ftw

@Mehujael1

Agree, people saying SGU Sucks and they dont even give it a try or watch the best episodes... they just say is shit because other people are saying it.

Mehujael1 said:
People dont complain so much about SGU, watch it and THINK about it!!!! You will see it is not as bad as everyone say

SGCgunner15SGC said:
SGU is a good show... not as good as SG-1 or SGA but it is good.... any hardcore stargate fan will say the same thing... and in the synopsis of the video on your page it says fans dont like SGU... FYI more Stargate fans enjoy SGU than hate it
and why dont you just stop whining about SGA being cancelled... they're not gonna bring it back

dgyorki said:
I think SGU is great, and it is interesting. It just needs another attitude to things. It has a unique environment and maybe not very much Stargate-ish but I think it is just good to watch, definitely not boring and rubbish and after 2-3 seasons it will have a strong basis to build on, just wait and see... Have these anti-fans watched the 2 final episodes of the first season? I think they haven't. Watch before you make comments and if you don't like, then don't watch.

pardusian141 said:
Your SGU references are only affecting the first few episodes.
Have you even watched all 19 (20) of the episodes in season 1 (currently released)? I get the feeling you have not.

What the heck, these people are crazies. :icon_lol:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
A regular squeedrone infestation.

What the heck, these people are crazies. :icon_lol:
:smiley_squee: Damn straight! :smiley_squee: Real Sickos. :smiley_squee: Hard to believe there's people out there like that. :smiley_squee:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Its just part of their new marketing campaign. No kidding!

Its called VIRAL MARKETING.

Before Obama, viral videos make several YouTube stars which today are making more than 100,000/year!. But Obama's Presidential campaign made a more formalized use of it and after that, all of the failing advertising companies latched on to it. One faction got YouTube to add advertising to videos when the creators of the videos allowed them (for a share in advertising revenue). Only videos with more than a certain number of views were asked. That campaign is still in place.

The other (less successful) method is to hawk wares on YouTube and promote services using YouTube video and Google Video. SGU tried to use viral marketing in the beginning to start buzz for the show, but that failed when the show aired. Along with that goes the shills posting ridiculously over the top reviews on IMDb, Hulu, and the many blogs under the wings of TPTB (like AirlockAlpha). This failed because of sites like ours, as well as the other far more numerous forums and blogs which are NOT influenced by TPTB have exposed the connections and many have made their own videos.

So, I think many of those comments you are getting are from the shill army. At Amazon and IMDb, the shills are defeated by the "did you find this review helpful?" element, which the shills cannot control or influence. They might write their stupid 10-star review, but readers can find them "not useful" and they fall to the back of the views. The default views on IMDb and Amazon show the most helpful reviews first, not the most recent.

If I were you, I would simply close all comments or make them by approval only.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Its called VIRAL MARKETING.

Before Obama, viral videos make several YouTube stars which today are making more than 100,000/year!. But Obama's Presidential campaign make a more formalized use of it and after that, all of the failing advertising companies latched on to it. One faction got YouTube to add advertising to videos when the creators of the videos allowed them (for a share in advertising revenue). Only videos with more than a certain number of views were asked. That campaign is still in place.

The other (less successful) method is to hawk wares on YouTube and promote services using YouTibe video and Google Video. SGU tried to use viral marketing in the beginning to start buzz for the show, but that failed when the show aired. Along with that goes the shills posting ridiculously over the top reviews on IMDb, Hulu, and the many blogs under the wings of TPTB (like AirlockAlpha). This failed because of sites like ours, as well as the other far more numerous forums and blogs which are NOT influenced by TPTB have exposed the connections and many have made their own videos.

So, I think many of those comments you are getting are from the shill army. At Amazon and IMDb, the shills are defeated by the "did you find this review helpful?" element, which the shills cannot control or nfluence. They might write their stupid 10-star review, but readers can find them "not useful" and they fall to the back of the views. The default views on IMDb and Amazon show the most helpful reviews first, not the most recent.

If I were you, I would simply close all comments or make them by approval only.
Oh, let the hired drones go through the trouble of posting those long comments and then just delete them! :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

These people are just sheer fuck wits I swear to god. I am going to have a rant right now, don't mind me.

But from episode 11 onwards I started to realize the potential of the story, especially the invasion of the Blue aliens and the Lucian Alliance.

What potential? What story? We haven't been told anything in 20 damn episodes other than TJ is preggers, Chloe is a ho, Scott is a man ho & Eli hoards food to share with chinese lesbians. What have the Blaliens actually brought to the SG canon? Nothing! That's what.

Normally, you know that reinforcements from Earth/Atlantis can always come in time, the team can always work together and solve the problem, or Daedalus is going to drop out of hyperspace and save the day. But on Destiny all that is left is themselves. And before they can solve the problem at hand, they have to learn to live and cooperate with each other. That's more like real life, and real life is not an utter trash. It's different, but not bad.

Yes granted uncertainty about the future is real life............... the means of delivering that realism in the show - the characters however, are nothing like in real life. In real life people would have come together alot sooner to overcome their common problems (such as survival in a tin can on the other side of the universe) & would not have tried to fuck each other over so readily, to think that is real life is a very cynical view of humanity.

Besides they say that Destiny is actually going somewhere in particular and they are going explore that in the next season. aren't you at least a bit curious about that?

Who said that? when was that said? & how does Destiny know it is going to "somewhere in particular" if it is travelling through unkown space? All it seems to be doing is following in the wake of the seeder ships (still a completely pointless mission IMO - but then again, TPTB saw it fit not to inform & entertain us but to ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................you get the idea.

Spend 2:16 to watch the season 2 trailer, please. I am not asking you to like it, I am asking you to know it. It's irrational to hate something that you know nothing about.

These guys are serisouly desperate, they're like that junkie out of Menace 2 Society "Hey man I got a cheeseburger!" "Oh man I suck yo dick!".

This guy claims pebble knows nothing about S2................... who the fuck does? it's a bloody trailer which probably shows ALL of the exciting parts of the season filmed so far. They've done that before.

I am not telling you to forget Atlantis or SG1, but please don't just say SGU is utter trash. Atlantis is much better in comparison, but SGU isn't bad if you can open your mind to accept a different series.

This statement always gets on my tits because the squeedrones always use it. Who do they think they are? how do they know you haven't given it loads of chances? There are only so many chances you can give a show before you realise it is not going to change for the better. & just because something is different does not make it good.

I do believe that this "SGU sucks" stuff is all going a bit too far... Far too late for Atlantis now. There ain't gonna be a "letter-writing-campaign-causi ng-another-season-like-with-or iginal-Trek" thing happening.

The first half of this comment is bollocks! this "SGU sucks" stuff hasn't gone far enough, not by a long shot. The second part I kind of have to agree with though - SGA season 6 is never going to happen. Campaigning for a movie I am all for but as for the TV show, it's gone never to return.

Agree, people saying SGU Sucks and they dont even give it a try or watch the best episodes... they just say is shit because other people are saying it.

Is this guy on crack? So just because he says something that must automatically make it true because it was spoken? Wanker. I don't think there is a single member of this website who hasn't seen at least one episode.

People dont complain so much about SGU, watch it and THINK about it!!!! You will see it is not as bad as everyone say

SHILL!!!!

SGU is a good show... not as good as SG-1 or SGA but it is good.... any hardcore stargate fan will say the same thing... and in the synopsis of the video on your page it says fans dont like SGU... FYI more Stargate fans enjoy SGU than hate it
and why dont you just stop whining about SGA being cancelled... they're not gonna bring it back

At risk of repeating what I said on another thread - what kind of people go to conventions? FANS! If memory serves, at the recent meet & greet (can't remember where) Michael Shanks asked the audience "Who likes SGU?" the response was minimal & lukewarm then he asked "who doesn't like SGU?" The windows were almost shattered by the response from what I understand. The fans have spoken, I rest my case.

I think SGU is great, and it is interesting. It just needs another attitude to things. It has a unique environment and maybe not very much Stargate-ish but I think it is just good to watch, definitely not boring and rubbish and after 2-3 seasons it will have a strong basis to build on, just wait and see... Have these anti-fans watched the 2 final episodes of the first season? I think they haven't. Watch before you make comments and if you don't like, then don't watch.

A unique environment? Not very Stargate-ish? That's because it's not Stargate, you just admitted it.

Okay, same detail as before - just because these dicks think something & then say something does not make it true. I've seen every episode & the last 2 suck all the same.

Your SGU references are only affecting the first few episodes.
Have you even watched all 19 (20) of the episodes in season 1 (currently released)? I get the feeling you have not.

& again! These guys must be shills because they are parroting the same total non-sense so as to undermine & invalidate the views of anybody who think SGU sucks. Their logic (or lack of) seems to be "if you like SGU you have seen it, if you don't like SGU you clearly haven't seen it". Just who do they think is dense enough to read & believe this bollocks?

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
My thoughts

Atlantis is much better in comparison, but SGU isn't bad if you can open your mind to accept a different series.

As I've said before, I might take these calls to not compare SGU to SG1/SGA more seriously if it didn't have any ties with Stargate whatsoever. They set themselves up for comparisons the moment they rolled that Stargate prop on to the set.

I do believe that this "SGU sucks" stuff is all going a bit too far... Far too late for Atlantis now.

"Too far"? Maybe some of it does, but then (not naming names), SGU fans aren't exactly innocent of this kind of behavior either.

Oh but I do agree about Atlantis sadly. I don't see how the film could possibly see the light of day at the moment. :(

FYI more Stargate fans enjoy SGU than hate it and why dont you just stop whining about SGA being cancelled

Yeah sure, keep telling yourself that.

Oh, and telling someone to shut up on the internet? :icon_lol:

Watch before you make comments and if you don't like, then don't watch.

Well judging by the sinking ratings, looks like you're getting your wish! :icon_twisted:

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Tell SGCgunner15SGC that that is total BS. At the Chicago Con, a significantly more people cheered when Michael Shanks asked the crowd who disliked SGU than the amount of people that cheered when he asked who likes SGU.

I haven't been bombed by SGU fans via PM. I got a friend request from binary guy which I accepted though because I like a lot of his SGA and SG1 Vids.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I didn't even mention SGA's/SGU's ratings or cancellation dude. I'm addressing the quote that Pebble mentioned below and the topic about "SGU obsessed Youtubers".
SGCgunner15SGC said:
FYI more Stargate fans enjoy SGU than hate it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Like a parrot. A retarded parrot.

Oh, no worries, I'm just reminding you that Stargate: Atlantis was canceled.

Well, since SGA was canceled it IS the ONE show that we can watch, seeing as how we're SG fans and all.

Who here DOESNT know Atlantis was canceled? I think you keep repeating that because you assume everyone here is here because they are mad Atlantis got canceled? You are wrong. We are here because we hate SGU. It has nothing to do with AStlantis being canceled or SG-1 being canceled. It has to do with Stargate Universe sucking so loudly. Get that through your head.

And by the way, Atlantis was canceled.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Overmind One said:

No it wasn't OM1, It spontaniously exploded, cause, as far as I can tell, NO-ONE claims any responsibility for SGA being cancelled.

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Not at all

They have a much better idea of where the franchise should go than you do, chuckles, sorry....

They clearly don't because the ratings are much lower than Atlantis' ratings, even when Atlantis was at its low point. Atlantis' ratings were, in fact, going up in the final season. And the Stargate fanbase is very divided. The franchise is not in the right direction at all.

Well, Stargate: Atlantis was canceled. There's not a lot of faith that that particular branch of SG could support a film.

Check out SGA's dvd sales compared to SGU's dvd sales. Check out the dvd sales of The Ark of Truth and Continuum. They sold very well. That "particular branch of SG" could easily support a film.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Who here DOESNT know Atlantis was canceled? I think you keep repeating that because you assume everyone here is here because they are mad Atlantis got canceled? You are wrong. We are here because we hate SGU. It has nothing to do with AStlantis being canceled or SG-1 being canceled. It has to do with Stargate Universe sucking so loudly. Get that through your head.

I suspect it is a attempt at provocation.

(A real lame one, that is.) :rolleyes:

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
The interesting thing is that a lot of SG1 and SGA fan videos are still being made. SGU fan videos are rarely seen. Instead, many of the video makers are either sticking to SG1/SGA or moving on to Sanctuary and Warehouse 13.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
Overmind. Hey I'm just checking in for the night. I noticed that you are trying to educate the newbs but it is almost a lost cause my man. I don't know if you remember our discussion about membership count but until the show comes back on and everyone remembers how terrible this show is there isn't any point in convincing the one or two stooges who accidentally found this site. Unfortunately they are going to have to be convinced by their own friends when they are the only ones left watching the show.

But I like the fact that you still try. It must be tough arguing the same points over and over again. Too bad you can't summarize the debate inside of three paragraphs. Oh well you can fix stupid. Cheers!