SGA Extinction And other movies 2011

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
Probably just a mistake although, would it be such a bad thing if SONY did have the rights to it? It might actually get made if that was the case.
In fact MGM belongs to Sony and MGM has the SG rights.So that explains the confusion.

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't see this possible cos SG1/SGA don't have the same style and format than sgu.SG1/SGA could be mixed but I don't see how BW could mix SGA with sgu.Have you see any humor and action in it(sgu)?Have you see any reliable character in sgu that could survive at this failure and go ove SGA.IMPOSSIBLE.
The only way MGM give the go on and fire BW and hire new producers.

Oh I agree with you John Sheppard, I'm just saying that I wouldn't put it past BW to try to use the popularity of SG1/SGA to get an ending for his precious SGU. He needs the fans from these shows if he expects to get enough fans to buy an SGU movie.

And you're right about how they are different styles that don't work together. The scenes with Jack O'Neill on SGU always fall flat and don't work. I'm afraid to see how flat the McKay scenes will be on SGU. :(

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
Sony used to be a part owner. MGM went bankrupt - the money men now own it.
I forget to write this.Spyglass entertainment has just bought MGM studios so the studios belongs to Spy.@syfymovies admitted his mistake.She wanted torture MGM not Sony

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
@syfymovies
“@SyfyMovies: Oops, yes. I should have checked it. That's why I usually only answer q's about the movies! *@madcatjo2point0 @NAWag1r Sony? Isn't it MGM?”

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
LOL, got a couple of snarky replies when I posted that. Basically saying that those numbers don't mean anything.
Some people will even deny the meaning of numbers altogether if it forwards their point/opinion. :lol:

The numbers are what they are: SGU isn't selling as much as SGA or SG1 even though those shows are long gone. There's no spinning that. And considering the Live and DVR numbers it's not a surprise really. No unexpected anomalies there.

Tropicana

Council Member
Spot on Mr. Anderson, without objective numbers, you got no definitive facts to back up your opinion.

But then you got WHR who makes up numbers... lol.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
In the recent Armegeddon talk. David mentions that there was renewed interest in the sga movie when sgu was cancelled, apparently they were trying to "wrap up the whole thing"

Full video in the david hewlett thread the above is within the first 6 mins of part 1!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
From Joe M's Blog:

Many of you have asked me to continue offering some insight into the Atlantis movie (Stargate: Extinction) Paul and I scripted way back when. Well, attempts to find out if the studio has plans for the script have come up empty. And so, rather than reveal too much, I will offer a little more in the way of the set-up to the story. As I already mentioned in a previous entry, the events of the movie take place soon after (maybe about a week or so) after Atlantis has returned to the Milky Way. It has been parked on the dark side of the moon, away from prying eyes, and operations continue as busily as they had back in Pegasus. Things are running smoothly enough until McKay is suddenly made aware that the city’s self-destruct has been initiated, the result of being out of range of the Pegasus galaxy for too long…
Of course, it’s time to get the band back together and we check in with our various team members as they are called up and beamed away for the return journey: Teyla and her family, Keller, Beckett, Lorne, Zelenka and, of course, Sheppard and Ronon who are plucked away while receiving treatment at a local hospital following a barroom brawl (we went back and incorporated the scar actor Jason Momoa received following an incident near his L.A. home). Once everyone has assembled, McKay gives them the 411. Given the time constraints they face, they have to get back to Pegasus as quickly as possible – meaning they’ll have to use the wormhole drive again. Zelenka calculates that two jumps should do it.
And they’re off. Sort of. The first jump ends up burning out the drive, rendering it useless and leaving them stranded with the countdown click ticking down. However, a scan of the surrounding plants turns up a habitable world within range. They go there seeking help and, instead, end up involved in a wild time-travel themed adventure in which Todd, the wraith, turns out to be, simultaneously, their hugest threat and biggest ally.
And that’s all I’m going to say on the subject for now. Although it seems increasingly unlikely this movie will ever get made, I don’t want to discount the possibility it may come to fruition through some alternate venue be it a comic book, novel, or radio play. Fingers crossed!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
seriously im glad that script isnt going to see screentime as MY GOD its totally sucks so full of contrived plot etc etc THANK GOD it didnt get made.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Joe Flanigan from a recent con appearance where he talks about how he feels they were never going to make the movie (at around 1:21):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJOxvVeDrM&feature=share

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Joe Flanigan from a recent con appearance where he talks about how he feels they were never going to make the movie (at around 1:21):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJOxvVeDrM&feature=share

Doesn't he know Mallozzi wrote a script? :P