Seriously folks,

Discussion in 'Stargate: Universe' started by Rac80, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Rac80

Rac80 The Belle of the Ball

Seriously folks- saw SGPOO at walmart for $10 for the "complete" series. SO do I buy it or not? I have all of the other series (and I bought all of SG1 twice- gave one set to snookie!:P ) and wonder if I should get this to just complete the "set". It's always fun to have something heckle-worthy around! :P or should I get the Stargate Infinity cartoon instead? What are your thoughts.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

The Infinity cartoon sucks, even compared to SGU. :). So Walmart is paying people $10.00 to take SGU off their shelves? For a moment there it looked like you said they were charging people $10.00 for it. :P

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

Walmart is obviously throwing Brad Wright and Rob Cooper a bone so that they can buy up all of the copies while continueing to pretend that the show was a success. :icon_lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

well, they say 'history will judge us by our actions'--and you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of history, right?

so, judging by the way entertainment is de-evolving, SGU is bound to be a classic in 30 yrs time--buy it for $10 bucks and your descendants will be the mid 21st century Rockefellers with a fortune built upon the rock of your purchase:jack_new03:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rac80

Rac80 The Belle of the Ball

Maybe I'll wait until its down to $5 for the complete series. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gatefan1976

Gatefan1976 Well Known GateFan

I am sure you could get it at an op shop for less than 10 if you really want it Rac. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. yongjin02

buy low and watch your investment blossom :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Overmind One

With SGU, that's gotta be mold blossoming....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

:smiley-laughing021:
    :icon_rotflmao:
    :tealc-gun02:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

I actually feel pity for that sad, lonely fanboi who is hoping for the return of this lousy show, lol. :icon_lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. yongjin02

well, at first i'd say NOPE

on the other hand

we do learn from past mistakes, so i guess to have a complete SG library then you should include it to show future fans of SG all of what good SG was and what WASN'T. I nice compare and contrast....

but then..you could just buy a pretty good amount of toilet paper with that 10$ :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. yongjin02

what a sad sad life this person must live... :(

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

They just re-ran all of SG-1 on Comet TV and now they are running all of SGA, so I see no need for buying copies of them. (Although I suspect the episodes are speeded up and shortened a bit to fit more commercials. Even so, I'm realizing the content of them isn't that great. Sure they were fun series to watch but honestly, some of the situations are just plain dumb.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Overmind One

You too? :) I have recently done a rewatch of SG-1 and some of the episodes were incredibly facepalm-worthy. For that matter, so were a fair number of TNG episodes, DS9 and Voyager and Stargate Atlantis. When I first saw them, they were okay. Rewatching them, maybe not so much? This is not nearly a majority of them, but more bad ones than I remember. Stargate Universe, however, is unwatchable after the first three episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Yeah, while watching SGA I keep noticing some really dumb writing in spots. Col. Sheppard is cool but they sometimes make him out to either be a dummy or a dick. And some of the cheap sets are cringe worthy, like the way every single planet they travel to has an English-speaking population that's living in a Renaissance Fair. :rolleye0014:

On the other hand some of the space scenes are pretty cool. So it's a crap shoot on any given episode for what they will give us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. yongjin02

other the sgu, the other series' got most of the military stuff right --except small stuff like a guy wearing a USAF dress uniform that has both SSG stripes on it and major rank. and in SGA where they have marines wearing berets.

but for every military officer-except Carter- they made look as of they were brutish idiots. in reality one MUST have a college degree to be an officer. a colonel would be expected to have a master's

and the military jack of all trades thing--a usaf pilot is a pilot, they are not experts in ground combat. usaf off who ARE experts in ground combat are not pilots

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tripler

Did you happen to glance threw some of the youtuber comments lol !!! I almost sprayed my coffee all over my lcd screen reading them .

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lord Ba'al

Lord Ba'al GateFans Member

I was expecting funny comments bashing that shit, but instead there's a shitload of people going "ooooooo.... aaaaaaaaa....". FUCK THAT SHIT! Losers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tripler

I know ... That's why my coffee got spilled ... What a bunch of tools ... Unbelievable lol ...
    Dinks

;)

• Like Like x 1