Sense 8 -Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski on Netflix

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Now me, I haven't completely liked any of the Netflix shows. Also I do concur that they are WAY overspending on them, and taken in tandem with the exodus of video properties from Netflix so that outside of their original shows their catalog is pretty poor I can see where they are getting into trouble.
Netflix is over rated. Its catalogue is already been chewed content that is licenced from major studios such as sony pictures etc. I don't know but I don't see a prosperous future for this platform. It has already reached saturation and getting very competitive.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am starting to believe that NF should stop making their own originals and instead pick up or back shows that have been dropped by other networks--it may even be cheaper and the ycome with an established fan base

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Netflix's problem is as much that they have lost a lot of the better programs they once had (because studios pulled out and went elsewhere) as that their slate of original programming has been underwhelming. Nowadays when I check their selection it is flooded with cheap crap and a lot of stuff from Pollywood.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
idk if this has been put up yet, but sense8 is coming back for a finale in 2018

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
idk if this has been put up yet, but sense8 is coming back for a finale in 2018

They should have kept this show going. Why are they lavishing so much love on this and they don't see a Firefly revival as an opportunity?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
They should have kept this show going. Why are they lavishing so much love on this and they don't see a Firefly revival as an opportunity?
I don't know why people want a firefly revival that much. Also Netflix will NEVER revive Firefly. Well, it's too late now anyway. It was the property of Fox, now disney.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't know why people want a firefly revival that much. Also Netflix will NEVER revive Firefly. Well, it's too late now anyway. It was the property of Fox, now disney.
Disney will revive it. Why? Because it has a huge fanbase.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I want Futurama back...though Matt Growening did say he is making a series for netflix so let's see where that goes.

I would like to see that as well! But they would probably mess with the characters and change the way they talk. Even if they didn't do that, they would likely change the stories to include a bunch of SJW crap like they are doing with everything else. Maybe they will come out and call Bender "non-binary" for laughs. :smiley-laughing021:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I would like to see that as well! But they would probably mess with the characters and change the way they talk. Even if they didn't do that, they would likely change the stories to include a bunch of SJW crap like they are doing with everything else. Maybe they will come out and call Bender "non-binary" for laughs. :smiley-laughing021:
I really do miss genuine, well written, down to earth, intelligent comedy. I often always visit the simpsons, futurama because these two shows are really well written and weren't so political correct. They tackled some really intelligent issues.

Stuff like this...is just memorable. They have that human touch to it.