Season 7 is where this show begins to fail

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Okay, Comet TV just finished the final episode of season 10 of SG-1 (they've aired "The Ark of Truth" a few times already). Next week they switch to airing episodes of SGA.

Despite the fact that SG-1 completely switched stories and characters at the season 9 mark it actually was quite good for the most part. The Merlin stuff and Renaissance Fair shtick was hokey, and ripping off Star Trek was a bit egregious, but it was still a fun show. The writing became a lot more humorous and Claudia Black really shined. It's kind of a shame that they didn't do at least one more full season because there was more they could have mined with her character. (Cam Mitchell not so much.)
I think this is what most people are forgetting. I agree that stargate sg-1 wasn't sg-1 anymore but it was still fun to watch and quite entertaining. I think switching characters gave it extra few seasons but you are right, I think that cutting it 10 seasons was a bit premature, but there is absolutely no love for Stargate Origins even though, the network is trying their own thing.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Stagate became more fantasy towards the later half since there was such a focus on Merlin and the Ancients and the Ori arc.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Whether or not you like anything after season 7 you can't take away that this series was intelligent till the end. It was FUN(nny) till the end.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Season 4 had some solid story arcs and I loved season 1 - 7. Late season 7 or 8 is when it started to become more fantasy when there was a lack of actual adventure and character development and proper storytelling and I noticed that the theme behind science fiction drew ever so less and less throughout the show. After Apophis died and most of the other system lords it became more and more annoying how they were just killing off recurring characters on a regular basis. The Ori story became more focus on religion and Fantasy. The adventure was lost in transition and writing interesting and engaging science fiction stories and character development stories like the human element that Jack had with his Son or with children .

Looks like they were thinking of renaming the series Stargate Command too and there seems to be less focus on using the Stargate and more on using the spaceships

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al6fK_ECl98

Last edited:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Season 4 had some solid story arcs and I loved season 1 - 7. Late season 7 or 8 is when it started to become more fantasy when there was a lack of actual adventure and character development and proper storytelling and I noticed that the theme behind science fiction drew ever so less and less throughout the show. After Apophis died and most of the other system lords it became more and more annoying how they were just killing off recurring characters on a regular basis. The Ori story became more focus on religion and Fantasy. The adventure was lost in transition and writing interesting and engaging science fiction stories and character development stories like the human element that Jack had with his Son or with children .

Looks like they were thinking of renaming the series Stargate Command too and there seems to be less focus on using the Stargate and more on using the spaceships

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al6fK_ECl98

Wasn't 10 seasons enough for everyone? We even got to enjoy Farscape actors the last couple years with SG1.

I'm ready for new and original science fiction shows that challenge my imagination.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Wasn't 10 seasons enough for everyone? We even got to enjoy Farscape actors the last couple years with SG1.

I'm ready for new and original science fiction shows that challenge my imagination.
Yeah! Like Toxic Avenger 23!