Science Fiction writers being hired by Intel

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It sure seems some days that what was once science fiction is increasingly becoming today’s technology. From Arthur C. Clarke’s satellite to electronic circuits that can be embedded in our skin science fiction seems more prescient than ever.
Well it seems that Intel is taking notice of this and is hiring science fiction writers to help figure out where consumers and technology could be heading, both in the near and long term. This follows on their experiment last year where Intel hired four science fiction writers to look at Intel’s research projects and then write about how that technology could be used in the near future. The end product, an anthology called The Tomorrow Project, was meant to help drive the direction of Intel’s design of those technologies.

This is awesome! Sci-fi in the works :icon_razz:

http://www.inquisitr.com/134116/sci...-intel-to-help-drive-their-future-technology/

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Fail on my part :facepalm:

I think they mean science fiction writers. The headline is quite misleading.

:lol: give illiterati an opening and she sails on through. ;) Understandable confusion. too too funny Illiterati! :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Time travel. Why is time travel never taken into consideration?

Because according to T'Pol the vulcan science academy has said it is impossible. :icon_eek:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You skipped one :(
i-gfZDgCW-M.jpg

Check it out 2, sexy pics from Illiterati :D