Sanctuary to have a musical episode.WAT?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The Vancouver-shot sci-fi series Sanctuary is to have a musical episode in Season 4, executive producer and star Amanda Tapping told her audience at the show’s Comic-Con panel this weekend. Sanctuary will follow in the footsteps of such series as Glee and Grey’s Anatomy in mixing musical numbers into its drama on primetime TV.
Music is nothing new to Sanctuary: The show featured a Bollywood dance number in the Season Two cliffhanger. Although Sanctuary is a show about abnormals, though, don’t expect next season’s musical trip to be done Doctor Dolittle style.
“It’s not Glee,” Tapping is quoted as saying in The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s more like The Exorcist: The Musical.”
huh?
http://www.cinemaspy.com/television-news/sanctuary-finds-the-sound-of-music-9526/

S

Stonelesscutter

Oh nooooo!! :facepalm:

That Bollywood scene was already more than I could handle. This doesn't bode well for Sanctuary.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh geez, I don't care for this trend.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I wish AT every success and luck pulling this off. You never know, she might be able to but might not. Should be interesting.

If it's not done well it will be considered a joke. They have to be very careful with this.

Have you ever seen the Buffy musical episode "Once More With Feeling"? That was sort of the originator of the musical trend in dramas. They did it quite well, very "Broadway" without being too camp.

Tropicana

Council Member
If it's not done well it will be considered a joke. They have to be very careful with this.

Have you ever seen the Buffy musical episode "Once More With Feeling"? That was sort of the originator of the musical trend in dramas. They did it quite well, very "Broadway" without being too camp.
I'm gay, of course I've seen Buffy and the musical ep. :P

And I've loved it, still "hum" a musical number from that ep every now and again.

But if AT can do this, it will be an ep remembered for rest of time, if not -- then the ep will be labelled as a joke, as u rightly stated.

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't see how a show about "monsters" can be combined with songs of joy and/or sorrow, EVER!!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I don't see how a show about "monsters" can be combined with songs of joy and/or sorrow, EVER!!!

well if it worked for "buffy" why not sanctuary? Same sort of idea I guess. I hadn't heard about it, but snookie (she loves sanctuary) had and says she thinks it will be fun...I am still :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh geez, I don't care for this trend.

:facepalm: You know, I stopped watching Sanctuary last season...I cant even remember the last episode I watched. Im not even sure why. Now I will know why. Ill just look for the splashback on these forums for a reason to keep away (or watch) the show.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
lol, I'm not that fond of musicals in general just cause. Couple that I did enjoy were the Lexx musical one and Dr. Horrible.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Apparently this won't be your typical "musical", they won't break out into a song number just because. Apparently they'll be singing in some parts, instead of speaking, for a very good story reason.

I was very sceptical when I first heard about a musical but on delving into available spoilers it seems different enough that it may be OK. I'll reserve judgement until I see it though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nonsense. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7J2knk4Ew

I like this song the most from the Buffy musical ep.

I have never seen that! It was COOL! I wonder if I would think that if they had done that in any Star trek series though....:icon_eek:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Apparently this won't be your typical "musical", they won't break out into a song number just because. Apparently they'll be singing in some parts, instead of speaking, for a very good story reason.

I was very sceptical when I first heard about a musical but on delving into available spoilers it seems different enough that it may be OK. I'll reserve judgement until I see it though.

Didnt we get enough with Will dancing in the streets of India? :facepalm:. Im trying to get my head around Big Guy singing (will he?). But I can EASILY see Nikola Tesla in a top hat and cane, dancing in the rain or doing a number with backup vampires in the background. :rotflmao:

S

Stonelesscutter

As long as it isn't Bollywood style again I may be able to stomach it.