Sanctuary episode #412 "Sanctuary For None part 1" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Sorry for the delay on the thread - I've been having computer problems since Friday. Down to the tablet now. :(

Magnus and Will had a bit of a tiff in this one. :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Gawd...

S

Stonelesscutter

I can't help but say that I'm getting more and more disappointed with Sanctuary. Now there's a special "country" for abnormals. And it's out in the open for the whole world to know. Seriously this goes beyond the extra large facepalm picture I have. They've taken this show so far off course that there's simply no fixing it anymore. They've been hinting on a big reveal that's gonna come, probably in the next episode. (which is the season ender) Might as well be the show ender as far as I'm concerned. I don't see how they could possibly get this show back on track.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Only caught a few minutes of this last one in rerun. I've pretty much checked out of Sanctuary as a viewer. I don't get what they're going for anymore. I mean, it's not a kids show but it's also not that good as an adult show. I'm not rooting for it to get the axe but I won't be shedding any tears when it does. Time for AT to move on. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually I thought it was pretty decent.

First thing, no there is not an "abnormal country". Some of the Hollow Earth abnormals had such an idea but it turned out to be a government setup to get them into a single place for roundup.

Will was forcibly reactivated as a federal agent and ordered to arrest Magnus who had participated in a raid to release imprisoned abnormals. She went underground and the episode ended with her disclosing to the media the existence of abnormals in an effort to derail the government roundup operation.

G

Graybrew1

I was not thrilled with it. It is getting more and more dark. They missed a big opportunity to have the actor that played the banker, love him, and Telsa do some scenes together. Making Biggie act so weird is annoying. How they could not see the writing on the way is amazing to me. :facepalm:

It seems that they are really pushing Will as a lead kick ass Hero now that they have him all scruffy and unshaven. I still don't buy it. Even Helen can kick his ass. They seem to be getting very close to Jumping the Shark, imo.

Fingers and Toes crossed that they will bring it back around to what it is supposed to be about.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I suspect we'll be seeing what the story is with the big guy this week. And also what Helen has up her sleeve too. The Will thing was built up over the season and is more of him having a very basic problem with Magnus then making him into an action hero (especially as his actions were not heroic).

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Will has always gotten whiny and miffy when he isn't read in on whatever is going on, and for me, it's gotten to the point that I find it to be just about unwatchable. I agree about not liking where they are taking Biggie with all of this, as well.

Alas, poor Sanctuary, I knew it, Horatio, a show with infinite jest.

Now it's rotting down into just being a skeleton of its former self. Meh.

G

Graybrew1

I suspect we'll be seeing what the story is with the big guy this week. And also what Helen has up her sleeve too. The Will thing was built up over the season and is more of him having a very basic problem with Magnus then making him into an action hero (especially as his actions were not heroic).

I disagree about Will. They have made him scruffier and mussed up his hair more. He has the romantic counterpart of Abby and seems very much the typical "anti-hero" right now.