S06E07 - "A Good Man Goes To War" (S32E07) **MID-SEASON FINALE**

Tropicana

Council Member
607.PNG

Synopsis:

In the mid-series finale, Rory and the Doctor set out to free Amy as the 'Battle of Demons Run' approaches.

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NLjHUKEro

Prequel to the Episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiB3SdlQ6sI

Airdates:

UK: BBC One, Saturday 04 June 2011, 6:40PM
US: BBC America, Saturday 11 June 2011, 9PM/8PM Central
CAN: Space, Saturday 11 June, 8PM/7PM Central
AUS: ABC 1, Saturday 11 June 2011, 7:30PM

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
On the bright side there'll be a shorter wait between this season and the next.

Speaking of which I hope both Amy and Rory stay on for another season. I've enjoyed them a lot more than any of the other companions they've done on the show.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I know I already posted just above but I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! Moffat turned a show I was pretty down on to one I can't wait week to week to see - genius.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Of course us in the states are still waiting to see "The Almost People" because BBCA ran reruns this Saturday because of Memorial Day. I think we get 2 first run episodes back to back on June 4th.

Tropicana

Council Member
OMFG!

What a roller-coaster of emotions. The ending was amazing and so sweet and sad, yet happy. Though the lead up to the battle was so good, the orchestral incidental music was amazing. The various points in time, the clothes, the clever dialogue. Interesting additions include -

the 2 gay married marine soldiers - cool but IMO, a bit unnecessary since on the later scene one of them knew something has happened to his partner but he didn't say anything he just sorta teared up; but what the hey, the Silurian and her assistant, I sense something was going on between those 2 - dish, dish, dish!

Also about River Song--
Was so shocked about her. Loved how the name Melody Pond was translated to River Song. SQUEAL! The instant River said, "They don't have a word for Pond..." - my eyes lit up and I was like, - no way!!!! :D

Love the military men in this episode, gosh they were so hunky and sexy, mmmm.... reminds me of those shameless SG-1/SGA days filled with well disciplined military guys to drool over.

Seems like these monks follow some computer - "Papal Mainframe" eeks! The monks were creepy but I must admit, was cool with their necks tied off in the end.

Watching the Dr Who Confidential for this ep atm on BBC Three. I wish that it didn't end on a mid-season finale. Did anyone see the 10 sec promo for the next episode? Gosh, I'm worried someone is gonna die.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
INSANE! Everything came together so beautifully, the appearances from everyone who had been in previous episodes, the music, the cool CGI. God I can't believe this is just the mid-series finale, it's crazy to think there's still 6 more episodes left.

EDIT: By the way - anyone else think this is the best sci-fi on TV at the moment. It's been ages since I've been this engrossed in a piece of TV; well played Moffat.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
That made me :icon_lol: too. I think I laughed more because it was the last thing I expected the next episode to be called. In a way Doctor Who has become the new Lost; just when you think you know where you are BAM.

I can't wait till new episodes!!!!

EDIT: A few unexpected highlights -
Rory was badass and loved his opening with the cybermen.
The Sontaran was hilarious and I was pretty sad he died, Dorium (blue guy) was actually pretty cool as well, the silurian was epic too (hell I loved all the characters).
Don't you hate it when your trying to steal a baby and a space pirate appears to block you. Awesome callback to the earlier episode.

Still a load of things unanswered yet, bring on the final 6! (Did I say that already...time echo!)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Unfortunately in the states we are a week behind you.

Tropicana

Council Member
Unfortunately in the states we are a week behind you.
You won't be disappointed, I can assure you. :D

Of course it would be neat if all the questions could be answered, I can only hope most of them gets answered before the final episode, though I know how much Moffat likes to keep certain and random selection of background arcs that initially appears insignificant running throughout which builds up from one year to the next, which then explodes, to be replaced by another randomised set.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Loved it! The River Song reveal was the last thing I expected. :thoranime12:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Finally saw it. Very excellent episode. It really was the Doctor hitting a big high but then a massive low (especially his realization that lots of people were dead and Amy's child missing all because of him). We both learned things (River is Amy's daughter AND is part Timelord) and got new questions, such as how can River be part Timelord.