Riddle Me This...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
...is the family dog supposed to decide that you've stayed up too late, so she jumps on you and woofs at you and only stops when you TELL her you'll go to bed?Yes, that's pretty much what happened about five minutes ago. FYI, it's 1:40am here now.

G

Graybrew1

As long as she did not just get sprayed by a skunk, I would just roll over. LOL.
Two baths, one in vinegar and baking soda and still cannot get rid of that smell.:facepalm:

But we LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE our dogs don't we all? :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I was on the couch, going through Gatefans, with the TV on in the background.

And last night, as far as she was concerned, bedtime for me was 2am.

G

Graybrew1

I was on the couch, going through Gatefans, with the TV on in the background.

And last night, as far as she was concerned, bedtime for me was 2am.

Dogs are so funny, mine won't come to bed until I do.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
...is the family dog supposed to decide that you've stayed up too late, so she jumps on you and woofs at you and only stops when you TELL her you'll go to bed?Yes, that's pretty much what happened about five minutes ago. FYI, it's 1:40am here now.

Sherry's Yorkie does that. Her dog whisperer (yes) says that is "alpha dog" behavior and should not be allowed. The dog should ALWAYS be submissive to its master who should learn the ways of the alpha dog. The dog should never be allowed to direct the actions of its owner or create "territory" within the house. Put the dog in her own bed when she does that (unless she sleeps with you). Just sayin!

BTW, I love that pit bull in your avatar. I am usually very VERY wary of all pit bulls. But that guy looks like a sweetheart!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Sherry's Yorkie does that. Her dog whisperer (yes) says that is "alpha dog" behavior and should not be allowed. The dog should ALWAYS be submissive to its master who should learn the ways of the alpha dog. The dog should never be allowed to direct the actions of its owner or create "territory" within the house. Put the dog in her own bed when she does that (unless she sleeps with you). Just sayin!

BTW, I love that pit bull in your avatar. I am usually very VERY wary of all pit bulls. But that guy looks like a sweetheart!
Actually, he's not a "pit bull". Vice is an English Bull Terrier.

As for "alpha dog" behavior, Beth is always submissive to me. Very submissive. She knows I'm the chief cook and bottle washer in the house and has aligned herself accordingly. But she DOES know that in some ways, she's more alpha than the cats. She very quickly picked up on the idea that the cats aren't allowed to scratch up the furniture, and when they start, will chase them off from doing it. I've praised her for doing it, so I've reinforced that behavior.

And her telling me that it's high time I went to bed is good, as I could very easily stay up all night, which really isn't good for a person.

I believe that her "go to bed" behavior has something to do with her work as a service dog.

B

Backstep

A math question - A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?"

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
A math question - A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?"

That depends. Before or after the ball comes through the plate glass window?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

5¢?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear