Raw Sewage

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
We've got the same problem here. Years ago the city of Milwaukee built a "deep tunnel" to store drain water run-off, which cost tax payers several billion dollars to have constructed. Well the thing doesn't work so whenever we get a big rain storm the sewerage department ends up dumping raw sewage right into Lake Michigan. Literally millions of gallons worth. What these idiots should have done was to separate the waste water sewer system from the storm drain system. Instead they went with this stupid plan to build a deep tunnel that ultimately cost way more to construct than it would have to simply reroute the storm drains in the first place. Now thanks to this stupidity we still get raw sewage backing up into basements during really bad rain storms. (Don't ask me how I know.)

And to top it off, the state DNR doesn't fine the sewerage district despite the fact that it is constantly in violation of environmental law. God forbid you're a farmer who inadvertently lets a little fertilizer run off into a culvert. When that happens the govt crucifies you. But when the govt is the one dumping millions of gallons of fecal matter into the environment it's no big deal. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I once had a professor who was one of the big cheeses in the local utility board. He discovered that his building contractor had, without his knowledge or consent, connected his gutter drains to the sanitary sewer. Oops.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
We've got the same problem here. Years ago the city of Milwaukee built a "deep tunnel" to store drain water run-off, which cost tax payers several billion dollars to have constructed. Well the thing doesn't work so whenever we get a big rain storm the sewerage department ends up dumping raw sewage right into Lake Michigan. Literally millions of gallons worth. What these idiots should have done was to separate the waste water sewer system from the storm drain system. Instead they went with this stupid plan to build a deep tunnel that ultimately cost way more to construct than it would have to simply reroute the storm drains in the first place. Now thanks to this stupidity we still get raw sewage backing up into basements during really bad rain storms. (Don't ask me how I know.)

And to top it off, the state DNR doesn't fine the sewerage district despite the fact that it is constantly in violation of environmental law. God forbid you're a farmer who inadvertently lets a little fertilizer run off into a culvert. When that happens the govt crucifies you. But when the govt is the one dumping millions of gallons of fecal matter into the environment it's no big deal. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

There is one abandoned lead mine in the Great Plains of the US, which is poisoning the local community. Because no one owns the mine anymore, the EPA is not doing a thing about it.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
If we all take into account that water is the earth’s and our life blood , then more care should be taken to protect it ...

:confused0006: :confused0006: :confused0006: