RAMPAGE a new take on KONG?

Discussion in 'Entertainment News & Gossip' started by yongjin02, Nov 20, 2017.

1. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

well maybe every dwayne johnson movie isn't all bad after all?!

this looks like it could be good

coming in spring

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lord Ba'al

Lord Ba'al GateFans Member

I'm actually rather intrigued by the new Jumanji movie.
    It also has Dwayne in it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

It's gonna be shit. Kevin Hart mugging for the camera like an epileptic Tourettes sufferer? No thanks. :beckett_new050:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

I am gonna like this. :) Liking it a LOT just from that trailer! I don't care that they made it into a console game, or that it has comedy in it. Looking forward to it!

5. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Look down at your hands. You will find you are holding a lighter and a crack pipe. Put them down and never touch them again. :disturbed:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. yongjin02

:crying-028::icon_rotflmao::crying-028:

7. yongjin02

so what about THIS movie? you know, the one the thread is on? :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Overmind One

This is BETTER than Kong. Kong is done, because his story is hokey...an ape that a primitive tribe on an island worships, but then is tamed by a young blonde (Beauty and the Beast). They always play him on some variation of that theme. This movie uses the Kong meme and re-purposes it for something completely new. I am liking the giant wolf too. :)

9. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Dwayne Johnson stands in front of a green screen and "acts" for 75 minutes. The dude is a Disney employee, it's his job to crank out stuff like this. Not much more can be said about it really. It's not that deep.

10. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

Actually the Kong in Kong: Skull Island is a different creature. There is no beauty charming the beast there and that Kong exists specifically in the Legendary Films Godzilla universe.

11. Overmind One

I didn't like Skull Island though, and yeah they kinda did do the beauty charming the beast.

Even though the film is different and that Kong is a different creature, it is still a King Kong story viscerally, right down to the beauty charming the beast. It's closely similar just as all the kaiju in Pacific Rim are brand new and unrelated to any of the others before them, yet belong in the same frame as Godzilla and Ghidorah viscerally.

12. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

Oh it's a King Kong kind of story, but as you yourself noted in your review of it Kong does not get infatuated with a girl like usually happens in them. I was just noting that the Skull Island Kong is not actually "King" Kong; instead he is part of the Godzilla cinematic universe and indeed is slated to meet Godzilla in "Kong versus Godzilla" in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lord Ba'al

I must be honest and admit that the Rampage trailer doesn't quite pique my interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

But a movie with Jack Black and Kevin Hart playing asshole sidekicks does? Don't get me wrong, Rampage looks cringe-worthy as hell, but at least it doesn't have those two fools stinking up the screen in it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lord Ba'al

I saw the trailer in the cinema when I went to see Thor: Ragnarok. That trailer looked better than the one I posted here. Or perhaps it was the environment that made the difference. In any case I expect to find some entertainment from Jumanji. It's not like I'm expecting The Shawshank Redemption.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Were you high when you saw the trailer? You might have been high. That often makes stuff seem better than it truly is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Overmind One

So, did you like the first Jumanji? If not, then your reaction is expected. But for somebody who LOVED the original with the board game, this one updated to a game console is actually very clever and passes my "omg why did you change that?" threshold with approval.

What is it about what you see in the trailer turns you off so much? :)

18. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

The Rock and Amy Pond are okay, but the unfunny colon polyps bookending them have got to go.

jumanji.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Overmind One

Exactly. :) I have Mysterious Island (the 1961 original) in my Scifi All Time Classics folder. The Mysterious Island (2012) was complete crap, but Journey 2: The Mysterious Island with The Rock was very entertaining. The Rock is coming into his own as a comedic actor, but he can't stand on his own yet.

20. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Dwayne is a one-note "plug and play" type of actor. He fits these Disney abortions perfectly because they don't require much in the way of acting. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a bad guy, I mean, he shouldn't be raped by Kevin Spacey or anything like that. But I don't see him becoming the next Brando or Pitt. Clearly he's got a contract with Disney and he's happy to be a work horse that gets paid on a regular basis. There's nothing wrong with that because clearly there's a market for his "talents", whatever they are.

• Agree Agree x 1