Prince dead at 57. Prince the musician, musical genius and fashion icon.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Prince is dead at age 57. He died in the elevator of Paisley Park Studios of unknown causes. The outpouring of fans grief has been extreme worldwide. I did not see it posted here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/arts/music/prince-dead.html?_r=0

download.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
From all accounts he was a really nice guy that was always willing to help up and coming musicians. And his contemporaries respected his talent greatly.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Tragic loss. I don't get why a lot of musicians abuse alcohol and or drugs? Life is tough but there are better things to get hooked on than those two.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
great musician and excellent guitarist

it was said that he could play nearly anyone else's guitar, rhythm or lead, from any song/band by ear

just ask him and he would start playing it-could have been shalamar or metallica-no issues

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Tragic loss. I don't get why a lot of musicians abuse alcohol and or drugs? Life is tough but there are better things to get hooked on than those two.

He did not die of alcohol or drug abuse. That was not his thing.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/23/entertainment/prince-dead-latest/

If you know more than just surface stuff about Prince, you know he was not at all into drugs and alcohol like many music entertainers are. He was clean and sober living, unlike most rock stars. As far as I know, he has NEVER had such a problem.

Last edited:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
He did not die of alcohol or drug abuse. That was not his thing.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/23/entertainment/prince-dead-latest/

If you know more than just surface stuff about Prince, you know he was not at all into drugs and alcohol like many music entertainers are. He was clean and sober living, unlike most rock stars. As far as I know, he has NEVER had such a problem.

I don't know if this will help anyone out, but I read about this many years ago.
Prince has always looked frail to me. Maybe he was living the best way he could to make up for all the years he would eventually miss.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't know if this will help anyone out, but I read about this many years ago.
Prince has always looked frail to me. Maybe he was living the best way he could to make up for all the years he would eventually miss.

Most practicing Jehovah's Witnesses will refuse any sort of blood transfusions and transplants and a number of other medical procedures. But any notion that Prince died of a drug overdose or any sort of substance abuse is way wrong. Once the autopsy results come out, this will be backed up. I am hearing rumors about him having had AIDS. As far as him being "frail"...really? Ever seen him in person at a concert or anywhere? I never saw him in concert, but I did see him at a party and it was very well lit and all I noticed was that he was wearing too much makeup!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so i have been hearing Rx opioid addiction

guess he had some really nasty arthritis conditions form all those years of walking around in a black bikini..er-high heels! and all the jumps and splits,etc he did while wearing them

read a few yrs back where he was told he needed both hips replaced but was applying for a dispensation from the Jehovah ppl to allow the surgery

guess he went to the oxy and hydro as well/instead ?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
so i have been hearing Rx opioid addiction

guess he had some really nasty arthritis conditions form all those years of walking around in a black bikini..er-high heels! and all the jumps and splits,etc he did while wearing them

read a few yrs back where he was told he needed both hips replaced but was applying for a dispensation from the Jehovah ppl to allow the surgery

guess he went to the oxy and hydro as well/instead ?

Yeah, I heard something like this too years ago. And if he never got surgery for the hip problem due to being a Jehovah's Witness then it's not surprising he was taking pain pills. That shit is nothing to play around with though. Long term use is not good.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm hearing things about pain meds too. But I doubt he was abusing them to get high, just for mediating pain like they were intended. He was not neurotic like Michael Jackson and did not have a tenured "pain doctor".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm hearing things about pain meds too. But I doubt he was abusing them to get high, just for mediating pain like they were intended. He was not neurotic like Michael Jackson and did not have a tenured "pain doctor".

From what I understand you build up tolerance over time so you have to take more of them to get the same effect as when you first started. Brett Favre, when he was quarterback for Green Bay, became addicted to painkillers. I believe he said at one point he was taking 8 vicoden per dose. That's how high the tolerance built up. So it wouldn't surprise me if Prince was gobbling these things down like candy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
From what I understand you build up tolerance over time so you have to take more of them to get the same effect as when you first started. Brett Favre, when he was quarterback for Green Bay, became addicted to painkillers. I believe he said at one point he was taking 8 vicoden per dose. That's how high the tolerance built up. So it wouldn't surprise me if Prince was gobbling these things down like candy.

whatever he was taking, he was taking so many of them it was causing-reportedly-insomnia.

long term or abuse of opioids can create neurological "dilemmas" like that; lose a critical function of the body but still have the pain --remember when Rush Limbaugh lost his hearing from taking Oxy?