People are Getting Smarter...Content is Getting Dumber

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The future will not be bright but will be perceived as bright. It will be very clean, very posh, but when something is too perfect, too clean, it is just too eerie IMO. You'll need to be VERY clean to be part of the elitist if you want to be part of it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The future will not be bright but will be perceived as bright. It will be very clean, very posh, but when something is too perfect, too clean, it is just too eerie IMO. You'll need to be VERY clean to be part of the elitist if you want to be part of it.

The problem with elitists is being elite. The vast majority of Humanity should not have to live without a good quality of life when single individuals have amassed more wealth than some nations.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The problem with elitists is being elite. The vast majority of Humanity should not have to live without a good quality of life when single individuals have amassed more wealth than some nations.
But what I said is true. You'll have your Genes looked at and that will essentially become your resume. You will need to be absolutely spot clean, and be very robotic and very precise in how you do your day to day jobs. The thing about the elitist is that they leech off others because that's how the world works. It is basically robin hood style. We have finite number of resources and if they were eventually distributed, the rich folks would have a reason to go to work.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But what I said is true. You'll have your Genes looked at and that will essentially become your resume. You will need to be absolutely spot clean, and be very robotic and very precise in how you do your day to day jobs. The thing about the elitist is that they leech off others because that's how the world works. It is basically robin hood style. We have finite number of resources and if they were eventually distributed, the rich folks would have a reason to go to work.

This assumes a future where the rich are in control. The material/fiat money based economy is unsustainable and will crash as all fiat money systems have crashed. Then there will be no more "the rich", at least not those with only financial wealth. There will be nobody supporting any sort of infrastructure for assessing "genetic suitability". Also, today's "powers that be" are dying off and will be gone. Society will strip the rich of power.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I get what you're saying and I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but I tend to look at it from a different angle. An adult person's ability to properly spell words and use proper grammar is a direct sign of their intelligence level. If one is too lazy to cognitively retain the different definitions of the words 'there, their and they're' or 'your and you're' that makes their intelligence level suspect. (The laziness isn't just on the part of the grade school educators, although they do share the blame in the long run.)

When one repeatedly misuses words and/or misspells them that means that person doesn't care about their own intelligence level. And if they don't care about getting the raw basics of language correct then why would they care about getting the tenets of their beliefs correct? The answer is they don't care and therefore many people have warped, incomplete life philosophies and that is what makes the world a lousy place at times.

It's funny (read: sad) how people understand the importance of being accurate when it comes to math and physics but they don't place that same importance on language. Get the math wrong when calculating a budget and you're screwed. Get the physics wrong when determining a rocket launch or how to balance the weight of a skyscraper and you're screwed. Get the chemistry wrong when concocting a formula and you're screwed. Get the biology wrong when you're developing a cure for an illness and you're screwed.

And the exact same thing happens when you're not precise about language. People just don't want to see it. The misuse (abuse?) of language is detrimental to society. It's literally how we communicate as a species. Precision is vitally important in this regard. Intellectual laziness on a small scale becomes a cognitive habit of intellectual laziness on a big scale when it comes to cogitating the global issues we face. That is clearly not healthy for the planet.

Language is more important than math or physics or chemistry or biology or any of the sciences. Without language those other things become unintelligible and noncommunicable. We would never have been able to advance in those sciences without a proper respect for language to begin with. And jettisoning that respect for language is not helping us as a species. Being able to properly, intelligently, use basic words and basic grammar is immensely important to whether we expand or contract as a species.

*I should note that I'm not criticizing anyone here for misspelling and grammatical mistakes. We all make them, myself included. But those mistakes are genuinely that, mistakes. They aren't willful laziness or a slovenly disregard for language. (Unless of course you're from the Netherlands in which case all bets are off. ;) )

Science and math were interesting and challenging
Subjects I studied. I personally think that schools need to teach social skills to children rather than teach useless subjects like religion and discussions about sopa operas that have been discussed to death but you are expected to wing it or know it from day 1, whether it be prep or kindergarten or primary or high school. This is something they don't teach either. The art of conversation. I had to teach myself English by watching tv shows and reading a bit.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This assumes a future where the rich are in control. The material/fiat money based economy is unsustainable and will crash as all fiat money systems have crashed. Then there will be no more "the rich", at least not those with only financial wealth. There will be nobody supporting any sort of infrastructure for assessing "genetic suitability". Also, today's "powers that be" are dying off and will be gone. Society will strip the rich of power.
You don't think that they would want that though? Have you ever spoken to a super rich asshole? Especially those that come from a private school? You know they sounds like snobs and have ZERO human empathy in them. Fact is, as long as there is humans, there will be money.

I will say this. Some people think this is far fetched and think that I watch and read too much Science Fiction stuff but biologically we have peaked in terms of evolution but nature does not stop evolving. We are used as a test lab to think of better ways of flushing out the imperfections/impurities that is in our genes. Unfortunately, nature needs help which is why our brains developed faster than anything else. The Next stage of evolution is Robotics. Robots will integrate with human beings so we will be human/robotics hybrids and then eventually we will crack AI and then AI will replace the human/robotic hybrid once we have been able to crack making an AI sophisticated enough to do the unthinkable. It will be able to calculations faster/more efficiently than we ever could or our brains ever could or any computer today. AI will eventually phase us out of existence.

Last edited:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
You don't think that they would want that though? Have you ever spoken to a super rich asshole? Especially those that come from a private school? You know they sounds like snobs and have ZERO human empathy in them. Fact is, as long as there is humans, there will be money.

I will say this. Some people think this is far fetched and think that I watch and read too much Science Fiction stuff but biologically we have peaked in terms of evolution but nature does not stop evolving. We are used as a test lab to think of better ways of flushing out the imperfections/impurities that is in our genes. Unfortunately, nature needs help which is why our brains developed faster than anything else. The Next stage of evolution is Robotics. Robots will integrate with human beings so we will be human/robotics hybrids and then eventually we will crack AI and then AI will replace the human/robotic hybrid once we have been able to crack making an AI sophisticated enough to do the unthinkable. It will be able to calculations faster/more efficiently than we ever could or our brains ever could or any computer today. AI will eventually phase us out of existence.

Watch Gattaca it's a great movie about selective procreating and how the future will look

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yes, on the first part. I grew up with people like that, but they were not "super" rich. The super rich do not raise their own children, they hire others to do it. History shows that the "super rich" greedy people who are hoarding wealth get targeted by the proletariat and are stripped of wealth, power, property and are usually killed in very high profile public fashion. Then, the power structure moves to one where the common man has power. The US was in fact established to escape the taxation and greed of Great Britain.

I really do not see a path for the bolded to happen. Nobody wants robots to do shit for them except certain types of people who are lazy and used to others doing everything for them (rich people). The vast majority of people are not rich and will never be able to afford a robot. Nobody is wanting AI to do shit for them. Who would be the ones forcing the robots on everyone? I don't see it. Just like nobody is going to really implant a chip in their body voluntarily. Sure, the technology will be created, but it needs acceptance in order to be implemented.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yes, on the first part. I grew up with people like that, but they were not "super" rich. The super rich do not raise their own children, they hire others to do it. History shows that the "super rich" greedy people who are hoarding wealth get targeted by the proletariat and are stripped of wealth, power, property and are usually killed in very high profile public fashion. Then, the power structure moves to one where the common man has power. The US was in fact established to escape the taxation and greed of Great Britain.

I really do not see a path for the bolded to happen. Nobody wants robots to do shit for them except certain types of people who are lazy and used to others doing everything for them (rich people). The vast majority of people are not rich and will never be able to afford a robot. Nobody is wanting AI to do shit for them. Who would be the ones forcing the robots on everyone? I don't see it. Just like nobody is going to really implant a chip in their body voluntarily. Sure, the technology will be created, but it needs acceptance in order to be implemented.
That's what you think, but robots who can do shit we can't and we will integrate with us. We already are putting robots on our limbs, so it's only a matter of time before they start to replace certain body parts because of the imperfections of the human race.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's what you think, but robots who can do shit we can't and we will integrate with us. We already are putting robots on our limbs, so it's only a matter of time before they start to replace certain body parts because of the imperfections of the human race.

What's wrong with Natural Selection?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
What's wrong with Natural Selection?
Because there comes to a point where natural selection can go so many ways. Also given that our species has become self-aware, natural selection doesn't play a role in today's society anymore, since we have a choice to procreate. As a result of that, unfortunately, our species has become quite DUMB. So dumb that they can't fill out a fucking form.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Because there comes to a point where natural selection can go so many ways. Also given that our species has become self-aware, natural selection doesn't play a role in today's society anymore, since we have a choice to procreate. As a result of that, unfortunately, our species has become quite DUMB. So dumb that they can't fill out a fucking form.

Well, natural selection is still working the numbers. People too stupid or too lazy to do work will be the ones who go out and get the robots, they will hire the servants and gardeners and EVERYTHING will be done by others. Even driving. Only a small percentage of people will fit into this scenario, and it is actually a tiny sliver of the totality of humans. Our species is quite intelligent. It's the creations/systems of a few whose only means of survival is the exploitation of others to do work for them. That tiny group is shrinking and will be gone.

Last edited: