Patrick Gilmore (Volker) - Same Ol' Same Ol'

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
RIGHT ON. The man is still clueless.

:facepalm:

Joe Mallozzi, thank you very much for your lurking in our forum. We appreciate the support!

As for your comment above, you are wrong for at least 4 reasons:

1. Fans of SGA who "lobbied for the cancellation" of SGU were absolutely right in recognizing that SUPPORTING the new show - which is based on a concept almost opposite to SGA - is exactly the one thing sure to kill any hopes of SGA ever returning again. That would have been the false sign to TPTB that the new direction was what fans wanted. So, yeah, cancelling SGU was the only hope to save SG1 and SGA. Just like the failure of ST:ENT led to a return to the classic roots of ST:TOS.

2. SGA wasn't ever going to return under yours or BW's direction anyway. That was just a carrot you were dangling to get people to watch a show they hated so that you could keep your job. We proved that in our threads that dealt with the early tearing down of the sets for SG1 and SGA. BW was blatantly lying. You were either lying yourself as well or just so clueless and out of the loop as to know even less than the fans.

3. None of the fans hoping for the cancellation of SGU stood around wondering what happened. What happened is exactly what they were expecting. And last time I checked they were partying. So apparently you are confusing your bizarre dream world with reality.

4. And finally, you are wrong, because SG1 and SGA will return. OK, maybe not exactly those shows, but Stargate will return in its old adventure-scifi spirit - not in the form of another soap-fi travesty.

In these forums are a chronicle of the life of Stargate Universe and the story of a disenfranchised fandom. We have explained our thoughts clearly, we made VERY ACCURATE PREDICTIONS about the show, its ratings trajectory, and even its cancellation. We didnt spend all that time whining about the loss of Atlantis, or form threads organizing boycotts of SGU because of Atlantis. WHY does he keep going there?

SG-1 fans hated the show too!

Stargate fans IN GENERAL hated Stargate Universe because it wasnt Stargate, plain and simple, Mr. Mallozzi! Why are you so resistant to reality when it comes to this show? Just get a clue, mkay?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
So very true my dear! I watched the premier of sgu hoping to be surprised but fearing what I would see. My fears were realized after the first ep, but I watched the first 6 to give it a chance. i have also watched a number of other eps I reviewed and Time which I was suckered into watching by a very good promo. (the promo was better than the ep!) the show was terrible! HORRIBLE! AWFUL! IT STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN!!!!!! if that makes me a bitter stargate fan- well then tough cookies. I have spent more on stargate than any other show I loved (bought all ten seasons of sg1 twice and sga once!) sgu wasn't worth my time much less my money! :P
Oh my, "Time" was actually a good episode of SGU, one of the few I liked, surrounded by "Earth" and "Life" which actually killed the show. And if you didn't like even "Time" then the show must really have sucked balls for you! :icon_lol:

Well that was another enlightning look into the minds of the SGU actors. Again the lack of comprehension from them is unsurprising, there show got cancelled and they are looking for someone to blame other than the show itself.

I do however wonder where those standing ovasions came from? not any convention ive been to or watched on line? nevermind.

Mallozi, who cares what he says anymore realy, he was going to turn sga's movie into the most contrived plot in the world evahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I do wonder sometimes what these people hope to achieve by having a pop and the fans again? sgus is no longer going most sites have moved on to other shows and new shows will be filling more spaces as time goes on. We the fans seem to have moved on unless somone is still having verbal's with BJS? and the like. So why cant they?
I think what we're seeing here is group thinking. It's these actors locked away from the public for a few months while shooting, who end up believing BW's and JM's weekly pep talks and pat each other on the back while telling themselves they're doing something wonderful and the negative talk that comes through is just a few irrational fans who want their show back...

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
At this point I feel compelled to speak up for us Stargate fans that enjoy SGU. I felt the show was Stargate but with a different approach; kind of like in comics where there a variety of different stories told about the same concept. Not to play down anybody else's opinion (as I previously mentioned I respect and understand) but I would have preferred more Universe over a reboot.

Also to add to the SGA thing - even if more SGU meant there would be a movie, how were fans to know that? Again as discussed earlier nobody really knew why SGA was taken off the air and therefore nobody really knew how/if/why it would come back. Without good communication you can't get the fans onside.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
At this point I feel compelled to speak up for us Stargate fans that enjoy SGU. I felt the show was Stargate but with a different approach; kind of like in comics where there a variety of different stories told about the same concept. Not to play down anybody else's opinion (as I previously mentioned I respect and understand) but I would have preferred more Universe over a reboot.

That's all good and well but what about Gilmore's slamming of Stargate fans in general? The man literally called SGU detractors "idiots" yet those same detractors are also fans of both SG-1 and SGA. Do you sanction his opinion in that regard?

Also to add to the SGA thing - even if more SGU meant there would be a movie, how were fans to know that? Again as discussed earlier nobody really knew why SGA was taken off the air and therefore nobody really knew how/if/why it would come back. Without good communication you can't get the fans onside.

On this we agree. We weren't given good communication, in fact, we were given erroneous information and outright lied to about the possibility of more Stargate in a form other than SGU. At least SGU detractors were trying, desperately, to communicate to TPTB but we were met with nothing but a stone wall of arrogance and egotism. The blame for a communication breakdown rests solely with TPTB as they flatly refused to take out calls.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

I totaly understand that you would want Stargate to continue that way. However I would much rather have a re-boot.

That has been the main issue from the moment SGA was cancelled. Mr G sited the sg1 cancellation as a parrell but it was in no way the same situation. SG1 was cancelled after SGA had been on the air for 3 years. SG1 was not cancelled one day and sga announced the next - with added commentary by the producers that it would be bigger and better unlike its bubble gum predecessor.

IF, and thats a big IF, there was ever going to be an SGA movie it would have happened whilest SGU was in pre production, NOT after SGU was already on the air taking up the studio space. 2 years after SGU started and MR.G is saying we would have had untold SGA movies, realy??? what planet is he living on. The momentum that would have carried through the SGA & SG1 movies was only available when it first went off the air with such good (relatively speaking) ratings and interest. Yet where was the mention off it? certainly the actors had not been approached.

It realy is a mute point now. Times have moved on, it would realy behove the SGU camp to stop with the blame game. It didnt help those that want and SGA/SG1 movie and it wont help the SGU camp gain any new fans or supporters of there work. I certainly will not go out of my way to see him at a convention or watch his up coming work.

I still wonder why those spouting this nonscense dont ask themselves why after 15 years of Stargate with nothing but minor scirmiosheses did Stargate fandom suddenly turn on its creators. MR.G should go back to his banana story and ask himself how deeply he has looked into what hes spouting. I bet if asked he could not provide more than a handfull of posters (if at all) who EVER thought SGA would be brought back because SGU was dead.

((must stop ranting))

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Oh my, "Time" was actually a good episode of SGU, one of the few I liked, surrounded by "Earth" and "Life" which actually killed the show. And if you didn't like even "Time" then the show must really have sucked balls for you! :icon_lol:

I think what we're seeing here is group thinking. It's these actors locked away from the public for a few months while shooting, who end up believing BW's and JM's weekly pep talks and pat each other on the back while telling themselves they're doing something wonderful and the negative talk that comes through is just a few irrational fans who want their show back...

everyone survived...that was the worst part of time...i was cheering for them all to die! yes it did suck balls. Mike Dupod was the only ray of hope/sunshine in that horrible show IMHO. and they didn't used him enough! (he could have gone stark raving mad and killed all of the main characters...then taken over the ship for the second string! :P )

B

Backstep

Oh geezs another from the sgu camp blaming people for why the show did not catch on/not being liked as the reason why it was cancled :facepalm:

Lilith

GateFans Noob
He didn't get the memo that SGU started with a 2 year contract. He thinks it was renewed after season 1. Don't these guys read the trades because we know they don't read what on-line.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Lilith

GateFans Noob
These actors have been living in a cocoon. I honestly believe that they need to be deprogramed. TPTB did filter all the negative comments from GW but they couldn't control our little group. Our little group must have really hit a nerve to become so well referenced by mediocore bit actors. I'm calling my agent, we need a larger arena or soap box. All the actors are parroting tPTB, it's disinformation. Has anybody seen the infamous Brad lately? He must be on a rocket somewhere riding out the sucess of SGU, his brilliant art piece.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
True!

^lol you're right, 300 or so people manage have this effect on them

Yes, a group of 300 "idiots" and "morons" are to blame for toppling the Stargate concept.:icon_lol: It just amazes me the lengths people connected with SGU will go to avoid the reality of the situation. The show sucked donkey balls pure and simple, yet somehow they can't accept that fact of reality so they create a super powerful enemy that somehow brought them down. :icon_lol:

B

Backstep

Hope they don't drink the koolaide. Oooooooooooooops ....too late. :icon_e_wink:

:rotflmao:

These actors have been living in a cocoon. I honestly believe that they need to be deprogramed. TPTB did filter all the negative comments from GW but they couldn't control our little group. Our little group must have really hit a nerve to become so well referenced by mediocore bit actors. I'm calling my agent, we need a larger arena or soap box. All the actors are parroting tPTB, it's disinformation. Has anybody seen the infamous Brad lately? He must be on a rocket somewhere riding out the sucess of SGU, his brilliant art piece.

While the TPTW and actors are pointing fingers of blame at opposition sites springing up, why they will they not tell the truth? The censorship of posts of negative opinions form the popular forums GW and syfy lead directly to the formation of the opposition sites. The sgu fan lead campaign of 'if you don't like sgu, change the channel' didn't help the show in ratings, but not a peep out of the TPTW and actors on that point either.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yes, a group of 300 "idiots" and "morons" are to blame for toppling the Stargate concept.:icon_lol: It just amazes me the lengths people connected with SGU will go to avoid the reality of the situation. The show sucked donkey balls pure and simple, yet somehow they can't accept that fact of reality so they create a super powerful enemy that somehow brought them down. :icon_lol:
We're the Spartans, LOL.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:rotflmao:

While the TPTW and actors are pointing fingers of blame at opposition sites springing up, why they will they not tell the truth? The censorship of posts of negative opinions form the popular forums GW and syfy lead directly to the formation of the opposition sites. The sgu fan lead campaign of 'if you don't like sgu, change the channel' didn't help the show in ratings, but not a peep out of the TPTW and actors on that point either.

These people live by the dictum: "Blame is better to give than receive".